Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder what will replace this attraction, I wish for it to be a Wall-E ride.
I'd be okay with that...

But I will be pretty sad if they get rid of the theater in the round set-up. From Flight to the Moon to Mission to Mars to Alien Encounter to Stitch that theater's design has remained fairly intact, (well at least the seating arrangement.) After nearly 50 years it'd be a shame to lose it.

Alien Encounter?!
You know I can't imagine them bringing that back. I had a thought the other day though. If they wanted to bring back a few classic attractions and/or refurb existing ones for the nostalgia factor for the 50th (similar to what they did at DL), they would likely look to the easiest/cheapest targets. Converting this to Alien Encounter and or one of the other past attractions in that spot would be relatively easy. Not saying I think it will happen, but just a thought.

You know I can't imagine them bringing that back. I had a thought the other day though. If they wanted to bring back a few classic attractions and/or refurb existing ones for the nostalgia factor for the 50th (similar to what they did at DL), they would likely look to the easiest/cheapest targets. Converting this to Alien Encounter and or one of the other past attractions in that spot would be relatively easy. Not saying I think it will happen, but just a thought.
Exactly. Nostalgia is fueling the entertainment industry. Plus, it would be nice for the young folks who never got to experience it in it’s heyday. :)

Reactions: WAJAS
Exactly. Nostalgia is fueling the entertainment industry. Plus, it would be nice for the young folks who never got to experience it in it’s heyday. :)
Except... Mission: Space is already the successor to this whole idea.

I would really like them to rework this whole building. Tomorrowland doesn’t have a major restaraunt (I know the old Noodle Station already has a kitchen, but it’s too lucrative as a desert party/fireworks viewing upcharge area). Maybe a nicer restaraunt would work there, since it’s already connected to the back of Comsic Rays?

(I’m also crossing my fingers that 2020-2021 is when WDW sheds the “dry park” aspect. You already have easily-convertible windows that could serve beer, wine, and mixed drinks in Adventureland, Frontierland, and Fantasyland... maybe it could be turned into a Tomorrowland Lounge? One can hope, right?)

Reactions: Joel and Magic-Man
I wonder if Disney will do a real overhaul of Tomorrowland by 2021. The Tron coaster will be the newest thing in the park and will drive a lot of people to that side of MK.

If there is a cohesive overhaul, I would think Stitch would play a part of that. It would explain why Disney is waiting until 2021 instead of getting something in there earlier.

I wonder if Disney will do a real overhaul of Tomorrowland by 2021. The Tron coaster will be the newest thing in the park and will drive a lot of people to that side of MK.

If there is a cohesive overhaul, I would think Stitch would play a part of that. It would explain why Disney is waiting until 2021 instead of getting something in there earlier.
Yes Tron will certainly stick out a bit...I would much rather have a Future World update before Tomorrowland...Future World has the charm of an old hotel carpet at this point

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Yes Tron will certainly stick out a bit...I would much rather have a Future World update before Tomorrowland...Future World has the charm of an old hotel carpet at this point
Agreed. It would be perfect if those two lands had different identities. You don’t need two different futuristic lands at Disney. You barely need one.

Future World at Epcot was about the possible real world future. Tomorrowland is the imagined future that never was.
I feel Disney views Tomorrowland as "Spacey IPs go here" and Future World as "Live action spacey IPs go here".....I can't say it's a terrible thought....I do long for anything like what is at Disney Sea or Disney Paris

Reactions: Alicia
Alien encounter is never coming back. Now they should do something with Wall-E here as it fits Tomorrowland more than Wreck It Ralph

Reactions: Alicia