Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

What I believe happened was they originally used the audio that was recorded on set for the pre-show. Then when they asked the actor to come back they recorded his audio in a small recording booth. Hence the reason the new voice sounds soft and out of place.

anyone else extremely happy that Universal didn't completely eliminate Park Lake/Red Sea? This was a wise decision on their part, even though they still don't give a crap about their history/legacy as much as they should.

anyone else extremely happy that Universal didn't completely eliminate Park Lake/Red Sea? This was a wise decision on their part, even though they still don't give a crap about their history/legacy as much as they should.

...for now.

In all seriousness, surprised that it isn't gone completely, but it should be leaving sooner than later, considering that they will all need to be completed by 2028. And that's not even mentioning the loss of soundstages that will occur when Super Nintendo World really get's going.

With the Jim Carrey Grinch film approaching twenty years old and the new, animated film coming out this winter, could we see changes to or a replacement for the Grinchmas set on the Studio Tour?

With the Jim Carrey Grinch film approaching twenty years old and the new, animated film coming out this winter, could we see changes to or a replacement for the Grinchmas set on the Studio Tour?

In an odd reality, it looks like Universal Creative is up to their armpits in projects at the moment to spend time on reimagining Grinchmas. It really looks to me like we will not see much of the new film beyond some advertisement. The Jim Carrey Grinch characters seem to be carrying on for 2018. Of course, I can be totally wrong.

Expect casting to come up in the next few months which should shed some light on any updates.

Unless Universal thinks that the Illumination film totally sucks and they want to let it slip by...

In an odd reality, it looks like Universal Creative is up to their armpits in projects at the moment to spend time on reimagining Grinchmas. It really looks to me like we will not see much of the new film beyond some advertisement. The Jim Carrey Grinch characters seem to be carrying on for 2018. Of course, I can be totally wrong.

Expect casting to come up in the next few months which should shed some light on any updates.

Unless Universal thinks that the Illumination film totally sucks and they want to let it slip by...

Universal Creative doesn't do events (unless they are brought in). It's always a A&D or some general entertainment dept.

I mean, they started working on the Pets ride long before it even came out. The new Grinch movie would have to really really suck for them to pass on it entirely.

Seems like they are starting to phase out Jimmy Fallon more, and make some new changes for the Studio Tour.
Nope. Sadly, I've been subjected to the Fallon videos on the tram, some more so than others depending on the route & whatnot. We can dream though...

So I kept forgetting to point this out and nobody else seems to have noticed, but I have because its my favorite attraction on the tour.
m3zB2oX.jpg

^Notice anything missing from this picture? No....?

QY6ZIVK.jpg