Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it’s a weird thing. The cage was there during Media Previews, however we couldn’t take pictures of it as there was still painters tape. When I came back the next week the cage was gone and I thought I was going crazy thinking it was ever there. I don’t think this was the case of misbehaving guests, just an already planned part of the queue that wasn’t done yet

I wonder if they saw the cage, and thought “don’t like, maybe we can try without”… and found out quickly they could not.

I personally would start adding a small voltage to objects guests shouldn’t touch. Just enough for a… slightly unpleasant surprise.

People on Facebook complaining about a 100 mins wait for MK

I told them you haven't seen nothing yet...lol

Maybe they put the cage there just because they repainted the details? I can’t imagine it’s because of stupid guests otherwise the SLOP queue would’ve been trashed at this point.
Cage could be temporarily added, definitely makes the whole thing pointless to have there lol.
(Might be permanent since I noticed it’s themed.)

it’s a weird thing. The cage was there during Media Previews, however we couldn’t take pictures of it as there was still painters tape. When I came back the next week the cage was gone and I thought I was going crazy thinking it was ever there. I don’t think this was the case of misbehaving guests, just an already planned part of the queue that wasn’t done yet

I looked into it. The cage is permanent and intended to be there. Had issues that were addressed during the initial wave of technical rehearsals, hence its absence, now it's back - most likely for good.

I looked into it. The cage is permanent and intended to be there. Had issues that were addressed during the initial wave of technical rehearsals, hence its absence, now it's back - most likely for good.
This is what I figured. Especially as it's actually themed. Thanks for looking into it!

Reactions: BriefCasey
I don’t go to my AP preview until a week from today, but I don’t think the overselling itself (though it’s annoying) bugs me as much as the time constraint. You only have two hours max to be able to do Mario Kart and to be able get into Toadstool Cafe. Imagine your slot starts, the clock is ticking, and you’re still slowly inching along in the JW overflow queue to get in.

I am hoping and praying that they sort this crap out by the time we go.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Honestly seeing lots of unhappy people

what went wrong?
You couldn’t freely walk throughout the land since people were standing in queues. Lines for power up games were super long. Almost impossible to eat at toadstool cafe. At one point they stopped letting the 10am people make reservations in order to save slots for the others. Mario Kart line also spilled out into the land mixing in with the other lines for the games and Toadstool. Boils down to: the land is too small.

You couldn’t freely walk throughout the land since people were standing in queues. Lines for power up games were super long. Almost impossible to eat at toadstool cafe. At one point they stopped letting the 10am people make reservations in order to save slots for the others. Mario Kart line also spilled out into the land mixing in with the other lines for the games and Toadstool. Boils down to: the land is too small.
Reminds me of Wizarding World opening day before crowds thinned out. Similar deal. Lines for every store etc. etc. and that's with time returns. I don't think the land is too small, I think this is just inevitable tbh

Jerrod for Years

"the land is too small"

Everyone else "wait for it to open it will be fine"

Guess my criticism of them making a smaller land without Yoshi was very much warranted, I don't even know how they are going to do the land with people buying VIP/AP Premium/Front of the line passes. Like so will the General people not paying extra only get into the land if they get in by noon or before...I feel like because of how busy it will be you wont even have reservations past noon

I love the land for what it is...but the hype is insane and USH management really was too conservative here. They need to NOW buy out the Panda restaurant contract and use that land, three years of this before DK is going to be rough and even then how does DK solve the issue for people who want to go into Nintendoland? During peak seasons for the next ten years this land is going to cause a bunch of complaints I hope the CN's get raises for having to deal with Angry/Irate customers.

Also did the ride break down? Because if they let the land get THAT full and the ride breaks down....omg you literally might have to evacuate the land because of safely issues

Reactions: Ron101
They never had this many people in there at once, even during tech previews. I never ever ever seen the crank game have an absurd line like it did.

I don't think there's much they can do other than limit capacity or adding DK connected to it. An extra game wouldn't have helped today. People seemed more focused on everything else besides the ride tbh, there were times i saw it just start at the bowser head.

Reactions: salismetho
Jerrod for Years

"the land is too small"

Guess my criticism of them making a smaller land without Yoshi was very much warranted, I don't even know how they are going to do the land with people buying VIP/AP Premium/Front of the line passes. Like so will the General people not paying extra only get into the land if they get in by noon or before...I feel like because of how busy it will be you wont even have reservations past noon

I love the land for what it is...but the hype is insane and USH management really was too conservative here. They need to NOW buy out the Panda restaurant contract and use that land, three years of this before DK is going to be rough and even then how does DK solve the issue for people who want to go into Nintendoland? During peak seasons for the next ten years this land is going to cause a bunch of complaints I hope the CN's get raises for having to deal with Angry/Irate customers.

Also did the ride break down? Because if they let the land get THAT full and the ride breaks down....omg you literally might have to evacuate the land because of safely issues
"the land is too small!"
1675042869268.png
1675042881227.png

Jerrod for Years

"the land is too small"

Tearing down Panda Express and cramming a new attraction in there would not have made much difference. They oversold slots. It’s as simple as that.

I was there, and it was a mob scene. We had the first, 10am group. They did let us in at 9:30, which was nice. Went right to MK, which was fine. But by the time we exited, the land was just packed. Most crowded I've seen it so far, way more so than the softs. At one point, the line for Toadstool Cafe went all the way back to the entrance pipe, I kid you not. The line for Toad, once you put your name it, still took forever because people were staying at tables forever, so no one else could be seated. It took about 90 min to do just three coin games, and about 2 hours to do all four coin games. Between the lines for games, rides, and Toad, all the lines started to intermix, so it was difficult to even tell what line was for what. Heck, there were even lines just to hit power up blocks and look through the binoculars on the 2nd floor.

Because of this, I think lots of last minute, spur of the moment decisions were made. I head by about 11am, Toadstool stopped taking reservations for a few hours. MK, which did have SR open, eventually closed it because it was nearly as long as the main queue time. Then they later started letting anyone play the Bowser Jr. game, because there was basically no way most people would have been able to earn the three coins and play the game (although I had also heard earlier in the day, they totally were not allowing that, so again, I think they were adjusting on the fly).

Really, IMO, this was just a matter of letting in too many people. I suppose it may be already too late for future AP previews, as the numbers are already set, but once the land officially opens, I'd hope they'd severely cut back on how many people can enter, and make use of that virtual queue with more reasonable numbers of people allowed inside. If they did that, I think it could easily be a different story.

And I do have to hand it to the cast members, who were trying their absolute best. T'wasn't their fault, and kudos to them.

Last edited: