Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They probably figured that the DK coaster would be more well received than the Yoshi ride for the Hollywood park. Plus we should be getting a ride similar to Yoshi in the form of SLOP.

They probably figured that the DK coaster would be more well received than the Yoshi ride for the Hollywood park. Plus we should be getting a ride similar to Yoshi in the form of SLOP.

Those two rides really aren’t all that similar.

Also there’s the rumor that DK has been upgraded, at least for Orlando, and is no longer a coaster

Reactions: Magic-Man
Please don’t tell me SLoP is an omnimover now. :(
Those two rides really aren’t all that similar.

Also there’s the rumor that DK has been upgraded, at least for Orlando, and is no longer a coaster
No longer a coaster doesn’t sound like an upgrade to me.

Let me ask, on what base would you think that DK would have more of a better receiving, than what is a completely different ride for a completely different age-group?

If it does use the FJ ride system, it’s definitely not going to Hollywood. They wouldn’t put two similar rides in the same park.

The Non-Radiated Ape & the Stink Pickle's would like to have a word with you.

That'd..be a change.

If they'd stretch out, they could get it to about 1.33 Acres, which would be .48 less than FJ's showbuilding. But still..that'd seem rather odd.

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
That sounds great - for Orlando. But no way it comes here.

In the end of the day, I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that it won't in any circumstance come (DK).

It wouldn't make sense for the others to still get Donkey Kong, and leaving Hollywood to dry; especially considering how the Hogsmeades have handled improving and upgrading from each other in a distinct way.

And if we really want to try to say that "it would be too similar to another thing already in the park", one could easily point out the Studio Tour having two similar yet distinct versions of the 360 Experience concept, with two completely different IP's. Who's to say we can't have a similar yet different experience, with the Dynamic Attractions Robotic Arm Dark Ride?

In the end of the day, I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that it won't in any circumstance come (DK).

It wouldn't make sense for the others to still get Donkey Kong, and leaving Hollywood to dry; especially considering how the Hogsmeades have handled improving and upgrading from each other in a distinct way.

And if we really want to try to say that "it would be too similar to another thing already in the park", one could easily point out the Studio Tour having two similar yet distinct versions of the 360 Experience concept, with two completely different IP's. Who's to say we can't have a similar yet different experience, with the Dynamic Attractions Robotic Arm Dark Ride?

The Studio Tour is technically one ride. But you do have a point there. IOA is getting two blitz coasters, after all.

The Studio Tour is technically one ride. But you do have a point there. IOA is getting two blitz coasters, after all.

Let me be real, using a similar ride system isn't a bad thing. Hell, Disneyland also has done that before with Fantasyland. But it's what you make of the ride system, that can have a true difference.

The vibe I'd get, is that if it's more akin to the likes of the DA Motion Arm, that they may be considering having a base platform disguised as the mine carts. And that, it can raise, lower, shift, and turn in various degree's to give the sense that you are flying from one place to another. It wouldn't be a FJ, hell; it couldn't become an FJ, considering Scott Trowbridge and the Carousel Domes. But I don't think it's fair to automatically say of it being too similar to another attraction.

At-least, that's my feelings. I hope it's the Boom Coaster, but I'm not going to be surprised if it's something else.

Reactions: Magic-Man
There's no way they'd have two FJ ride systems in Hollywood. They're getting enough complaints just having one. With that said, I also don't think the current FJ ride system is family friendly enough for Nintendo. Perhaps by more similar to FJ they meant in terms of it's mix of practical rotating screens mixed with physical sets? With an element of interactivity?

There's no way they'd have two FJ ride systems in Hollywood. They're getting enough complaints just having one. With that said, I also don't think the current FJ ride system is family friendly enough for Nintendo. Perhaps by more similar to FJ they meant in terms of it's mix of practical rotating screens mixed with physical sets? With an element of interactivity?

Wouldn't rotating screens at this point be impossible for the way they are now, considering that if I'm not mistaken; is a private patent from Scott Trowbridge that is now being used for the Falcon? I would assume, if they were to use the carousel Domes; it'd have to be under his permission (but I could be wrong).

Last edited:
Heres the thing, wouldn't rotating screens at this point be impossible for the way they are now, considering that if I'm not mistaken; is a private patent from Scott Trowbridge that is now being used for the Falcon? I would assume, if they were to use the carousel Domes; it'd have to be under his permission (but I could be wrong).

That was more or less an example. Kuka arm based attractions aren't unique to Universal anymore. The only thing unique to FJ at the moment are the rotating dome screens / mixed practical effects. At least until Falcon opens. Otherwise I don't see how Yoshi could be anything close to FJ without the Kuka arms or rotating screens.

I'm started to wonder if this Yoshi ride actually ever existed and isn't just a fanboy dream lol.