Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, the Soundstage is going to come down for Nintendo, correct? Because if that's true that's adding to the land and possibly more coming down with it. This could just be prep since they can't take SS55 down right now.

I mean, the Soundstage is going to come down for Nintendo, correct? Because if that's true that's adding to the land and possibly more coming down with it. This could just be prep since they can't take SS55 down right now.

I don't think 55 is coming down any time soon. With the Globe Theatre gone, it's the only event/flex space the park has.

So then, if you combine that with Stage 50 (ST) & the plot of SS31, alongside the plot of SS28; that gives you about give or take 6.31.

Soo essentailly a different take on Osaka's size.

Would that be enough space for us to have DK? I’ve never seen the original plan so I’m not sure how much space would be needed for Mario Kart and DK.

Would that be enough space for us to have DK? I’ve never seen the original plan so I’m not sure how much space would be needed for Mario Kart and DK.

No. You'd need around 8-9 acres for the DK ride to be included as it was originally permitted for Orlando.

Allegedly that ride has been given a bigger scope tho, so IDK what size it is now

Reactions: Magic-Man
Holy hades that's MASSIVE. Looks like it's as big as Battle Escape's showbuilding!
Not quite. If my calculations from Google Earth combined with an aerial photo are correct, the show building should have a footprint of about 40,000 sq ft, assuming it's a two story you'd get about 80,000 sq ft of floor space. Although all of Battle Escape show building is the height of a two story structure, the queue will just have a super tall ceiling. Therefore, the square footage of Battle Escape is around 120,000 sq ft.

Here's the outline I drew combined with the aerial I drew it from (sorry about resolution, had to shrink to get under 2 MB):
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 1.06.07 PM.png

Last edited:
Not quite. If my calculations from Google Earth combined with an aerial photo are correct, the show building should have a footprint of about 40,000 sq ft, assuming it's a two story you'd get about 80,000 sq ft of floor space. Although all of Battle Escape show building is the height of a two story structure, the queue will just have a super tall ceiling. Therefore, the square footage of Battle Escape is around 120,000 sq ft.

Here's the outline I drew combined with the aerial I drew it from (sorry about resolution, had to shrink to get under 2 MB):
View attachment 7965
@Alicia Could you confirm this is the correct shape of the building?

I don't think it's the entire footprint yet. Looks like they were going up in phases. I'd love to see a newer aerial view now.

EDIT: Call me crazy, but I was expecting something more like this:

View attachment 7966
With that outlook, we get about 80,000 sq ft footprint. Something tells me the Japan and Orlando versions are different though. Is the Orlando version supposed to have a second floor?

Actually, I remember now, I was having a convo with an insider a few months ago (not sure if they want me to reveal their name) and he confirmed to me that there are two versions of the ride. One for Kidzone and one for the new gate. The new gate version was apparently single story and the Kidzone two stories to make it more compact.