Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Change the name from "Super Nintendo Land" to "Little Nintendo Land'.

I can't keep track of all the different versions of Nintendo lol.
Is Japan not gettin Donkey Kong in the space to the right of Mario Kart? Or getting it later? Seems like a big waste of space if not!

Is Japan not gettin Donkey Kong in the space to the right of Mario Kart? Or getting it later? Seems like a big waste of space if not!
It was always supposedly not getting Donkey Kong. The space may be left for later expansion to help get the land open faster, in time for Olympics.

I was referring to the Hollywood version since this is the Hollywood thread. Just so little space on the lower lot there. That's a shame. You guys deserve better.

I was referring to the Hollywood version since this is the Hollywood thread. Just so little space on the lower lot there. That's a shame. You guys deserve better.

Yes, we do. After all, Universal's founding and theme park origin was in CA. The swamps were beneficiaries of our vision and parks. Disney, Universal, Seaworld, etc.

With 3-4 acres to work with, I'm now only expecting MK to come to our land. A damn shame if you ask me.

Is this guy credible? Could those soundstages really be reserved for SNW?

It's possible, but it is unlikely. While that would open a lot of space for the theme park, it would eliminate a ton of space for the studio. And even if they were to demolish those soundstages in 2020, that would make it very difficult for whatever attraction that was built on it to meet the 2021 opening date.

but is there any chance of Pokémon having a presence at USH's Nintendo Land?

At this time, I haven't heard anything about Pokemon being featured. Just the Mario franchise.

It's possible, but it is unlikely. While that would open a lot of space for the theme park, it would eliminate a ton of space for the studio. And even if they were to demolish those soundstages in 2020, that would make it very difficult for whatever attraction that was built on it to meet the 2021 opening date.
What if this was like Marvel and the second addition for Nintendo would open up as a phase 2?

Update 11/23 - not much to see but here is todays view.
HM9cYyb.jpg

WIgF8n5.jpg

LOL Stages 3-20?!?! Was this a typo to something he knows nothing about? Stages 33-36...well, that's a different story...

What if what he really meant was SS 3-6 and 16-20? That would connect well with P168. Could that still be a possibility?

I mean, I would probably trust Chris more when it comes to this than Universal Core..but I wouldn't be surprised if it's being looked at for the eventual future.

That said, they also reported that filming has taken place with actors down there for Nintendo, so I guess we can only really wait at this point.

Reactions: Magic-Man
So everyone is aware...

Project 168 was the old project number for SLoP. This number and project has been canned. SLoP has a new number because it's upstairs.

Nintendo is a completely different project number.

Playing this waiting game is brutal.

Throw us a bone Universal.

If Universal is not talking about the Potter Coaster in Orlando, they will not talk about Nintendo anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Universal is not talking about the Potter Coaster in Orlando, they will not talk about Nintendo anytime soon.

Or you know...Universal may not be the one to announce it themselves, Glares at Nintendo of America & Nintendo Kyoto

I mean, that was how the Potter Coaster was properly given concept art, because Pottermore was the first to publicize the project in a larger setting. Who's to say that Nintendo of America may of done a small filming group, and did something out of the blue? Out of anything, I could get that..

So everyone is aware...

Project 168 was the old project number for SLoP. This number and project has been canned. SLoP has a new number because it's upstairs.

Nintendo is a completely different project number.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't realize that "P" stood for project. I just thought Uni referred to that plot of land as P168 as in "Plot 168." Haha... I still hope that SS 3-6 and 16-20 will eventually be part of SNW for future expansion perhaps around the time the rest of the new Park Lake soundstages get built. I think that would definitely give SNW a full-fledged land.

Or you know...Universal may not be the one to announce it themselves, Glares at Nintendo of America & Nintendo Kyoto

I mean, that was how the Potter Coaster was properly given concept art, because Pottermore was the first to publicize the project in a larger setting. Who's to say that Nintendo of America may of done a small filming group, and did something out of the blue? Out of anything, I could get that..

What's funny is that Nintendo's and Universal's marketing strategy is completely opposite from each other. Nintendo loves to promote things WAYYYYYY before the product is even ready for prime time and Uni loves to wait till the last minute. I'm hoping Nintendo's marketing strategy prevails and we hear something about SNW sometime before the end of the year.

What's funny is that Nintendo's and Universal's marketing strategy is completely opposite from each other. Nintendo loves to promote things WAYYYYYY before the product is even ready for prime time and Uni loves to wait till the last minute. I'm hoping Nintendo's marketing strategy prevails and we hear something about SNW sometime before the end of the year.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. If you look at the last several years, they have only really focused on games that are being release in the same year. Other than perhaps a "teaser" like showing the Metroid Prime Logo at last year's E3, or having Tsunekazu Ishihara say "There is a new Pokemon Game in the works for the Switch" they tend to show nothing until the same year something is being released.

Last edited: