Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now that Nintendo has been confirmed in a location for Japan without removing any existing attractions (how much bigger can that park get?), where do we see this similar type of space at USH?  I have noticed that the space confirmed is only slightly larger than their Waterworld venue...hmm.

Are you including SS's in the possibility? To me; I have to imagine that the Soundstages can be atleast moved around to the east-end of the Backlot, allowing more space for the theme park itself.

I would also think that Waterworld could be safe, due to it being one of the only two areas of the park that's a mass body of water at a given area.

I made these to match the acreage for both Japan and Orlando. I also included one for Hollywood. None of this is 100% accurate in any way, it's just my interpretation of where Nintendo will go. I used Google Maps Area Calculator. 

The visual they gave us for Japan's location didn't really have much to go on so this is what I assumed will be the boundaries for Nintendo.

25500719421_c6d648c2bd_b.jpg

Went back through Orlando United's forums to check where exactly Nintendo is going. I may be way off on what is leaving but I'm sure someone will correct me. 

24966717923_341eee9ce7_b.jpg

I know Diagon Alley is heavily rumored to replace ROTM but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see how big that cluster of SS behind the Mummy is. As you can see it is slightly larger than Orlando's proposed site. 

25593395455_6ddc14050f_b.jpg

For Orlando I was assuming that they would dip into the backstage areas as they may be moved to the new land they just bought. (much like how Circle D Ranch was moved at Disneyland this year to make room for Star Wars)

Reactions: Aaron
I made these to match the acreage for both Japan and Orlando. I also included one for Hollywood. None of this is 100% accurate in any way, it's just my interpretation of where Nintendo will go. I used Google Maps Area Calculator. 

The visual they gave us for Japan's location didn't really have much to go on so this is what I assumed will be the boundaries for Nintendo.

Went back through Orlando United's forums to check where exactly Nintendo is going. I may be way off on what is leaving but I'm sure someone will correct me. 

I know Diagon Alley is heavily rumored to replace ROTM but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see how big that cluster of SS behind the Mummy is. As you can see it is slightly larger than Orlando's proposed site. 

From what it seems from the past with OU's word on size; I conducted a more good guess on how big Nintendo will be for Orlandos keepsake. This doesn't include the Parade Building, as from what it seems; its staying.

WGKKfKG.jpg

Taking that to account; if Diagon isn't coming to the proposed area that its rumored, I could see this:

Vf8zuDz.jpg

You'd only lose a small bit, but it wouldn't be much. It would also still leave space for a new open hub for the Lower lot, taking what would be left of the Mummy Attraction area, Ben & Jerrys, and the Starbucks. The changes that'd have to be made is replacing Studio Café with a new TF store, and move their M&G's for a short period of time, but either way; that seems to be happening anyway.

If Diagon doesn't come to that location, it makes sense to have Nintendo there, as you can import what Orlando has and the only things that'd possibly be severe changes is the ride locations.

Reactions: Chris
For Orlando I was assuming that they would dip into the backstage areas as they may be moved to the new land they just bought. (much like how Circle D Ranch was moved at Disneyland this year to make room for Star Wars)

Good point! I just assumed that backstage area would be saved for future expansion (Nintendo or something else). 

Nintendo announced today that they will not be showing their new NX console at E3. Zelda will be the only game they have at the show. With the lack of anything to show besides Zelda, E3 seems like a perfect opportunity to announce the Nintendo attractions coming to Universal parks.

Nintendo announced today that they will not be showing their new NX console at E3. Zelda will be the only game they have at the show. With the lack of anything to show besides Zelda, E3 seems like a perfect opportunity to announce the Nintendo attractions coming to Universal parks.

I'll throw this. Don't expect Nintendo to have the Theme Parks at E3 this year, or at E3 in general. E3 is starting to fade, and the more it fades; the more it wouldn't make sense to reveal it there.

And also, I don't think you'll hear ANYTHING Nintendoland oriented for USJ, UO or USH until 2018. They'll have the ability to showcase it more in a big press event, where the 'media' media; the theme park media; and the 'gaming' media can all come together so they can devote the time needed to showcase what they have. Especially considering that Kidzone hasn't even started demolition for Nintendo (and doesn't seem like that it will by the end of the year); along with USJ nor USH starting work either (even with the 'leak' that USJ had a few months back), its too early.

Give Nintendo and Comcast another two years, and they'll have something much more presentable in a way. And that's also considering if Nintendo isn't going to be seen until 2020.

And also, I don't think you'll hear ANYTHING Nintendoland oriented for USJ, UO or USH until 2018. They'll have the ability to showcase it more in a big press event, where the 'media' media; the theme park media; and the 'gaming' media can all come together so they can devote the time needed to showcase what they have. Especially considering that Kidzone hasn't even started demolition for Nintendo (and doesn't seem like that it will by the end of the year); along with USJ nor USH starting work either (even with the 'leak' that USJ had a few months back), its too early.

Totally not the same... but then again... kinda is from a certain point of view... BUUUUUUUUUUUTTTT.....

Shall I point your attention to WWOHP - Hollywood. Announced in 2011, Didn't start construction until like 2013, didn't open until 2016... 

Nintendo deal & Hello Kitty announced what? last year? And Hello Kitty's store finally opened in Orlando (after being budget cut to hell). We haven't heard a peep about Hello Kitty debuting at USH even though it was part of the announcement. Eitherway, I think its safe to say it doesn't matter when they announce something... Hell, we have construction markings on the Lower Lot for SS28, but no announcement for the rumored PETS ride. And considering they announced TWD before Potter opened, they can certainly announce other new things before TWD opens.

anyway... I think Universal should at least give us some Nintendo character photo-ops in the park. That'd hold people over for the new ride(s)/land to open 5-6 years from now.

Harry Potter in Hollywood was only announced in 2011 because the Los Angeles Times leaked the story and forced their hand. If Universal had their way, the land would not have been announced until 2013. They were especially annoyed because it deflected attention off of Transformers a bit, which they were excited to have stateside exclusivity for (at the time) and wanted to make that clear to really attract guests from all over.

Nintendo's attractions for the states won't be announced until you see construction. And you'll probably already know a good deal from when Japan makes announcements then anyways. (and I agree with Alex, not at e3, period)

Reactions: Alexshow. and Aaron
We may want to keep our eyes peeled to new developments involving Nintendo's newly announced console, the Nintendo Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f5uik5fgIaI?feature=oembed

You'll notice that the Switch has the ability for portable tablet device to slide out of the console (which charges it), for the ability to be carried around and playing identical gameplay. The controllers also have the ability to slide off the regular wireless one, and slink straight onto the portable device. Even better is the ability to slide those off again even when portable and play with those individual controllers wirelessly with two people, or even four by placing two NS devices side by side. (a handy kickstand on the back makes this gameplay easy to view) 

With a variety of adaptable uses, it's natural for the topic of "what does this mean for Universal?" to come up. Well, it means a lot. With the Switch, suddenly gameplay within the parks becomes a lot easier, and you may be incentivized to take your device there to help you out with one (or more) of the new area's signature attractions. Highly recommend that if you're excited about Universal's upcoming Nintendo plans, it's best to start saving up your money for the NS.  ;)

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Hollywood doesn't see this for a while. Tokyo, Singapore and Orlando will be the first ones, solely because there is more room to build and breathe. Just my two cents. 

Bear in mind, those soundstages on the backlot will start coming down sooner than you think. At least the ones closest to Transformers.