Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think a new DWT show ( would not be shocked if is HTTYD for corporate synergy for the EU opening) will come in 2025 if nothing else with the obvious exception of the F&F coaster breaks ground next year. That way they have something fresh to tide people over before the big additions roll in around the 2026-2028 timeframe leading up to the LA olympics.
Then I hope they have street shows or some idea on how to deal with crowds

Because of the park becomes Disneyland and we have no off season starting this spring. I feel like could become a double edged sword if they have people just waiting in lines because the park doesn’t have enough to do while you wait for your time to enter Nintendo land and even if you do all that awaits you there is a 2 hour line for the only ride in the park

money wise they will be swimming in it but really hope we hear of a leak on customer satisfaction because as a local it’s not a big deal, but do wonder how many won’t be happy that they have only two shows in the park and most of the new land is just a line

I do think closing Animal Actors and Special Effects just as Nintendo arrives to break the park is a mistake. I get the coaster is a priority, but even waiting a few months may have been prudent.
I honestly think while that would help, would not be enough. You'd need them open ALL year to help with crowd flow

I know many have said we got Pets over Yoshi but Yoshi is a people eater and anyone who is at the parks now can very much see the parks clearly needed another people eater or two. I think this land should have had Yoshi, I think Dream works theater should have gotten a new show this year, I hope they put in some mini shows but honestly feel like USH just needs to ramp up more. No more just one ride a year....because we need more updates and things happening to make the park not just be lines.

DCA at this point has over double the attractions that USH does and USH is over 15 years older (not counting the studio only days but when it became a theme park). It comes down to poor planning for guests. Once again money wise I'm sure they will be fine but really will be interested to see how many "normal" none Express pass visitors have a pretty just ok time because the parks might be over packed and Universal just didn't plan for Nintendoland to be this big and also for the pandemic to create a new want for theme parks again.

Honestly the only move they could have made after the pandemic was starting work on the Minions shooter ride because that should also be a people eater and could have easily opened end of next year if they started this year on construction but no.....a coaster that will open in two years and most likely not help with crowds...lol

Next year, its going to be such an interesting year for USH and hope the management has some sort of plans to make guests days better when every ride is going to have 90+ mins waits all day

I know it’s a marketing thing, but I feel like they should’ve called this “Super Mario World” since all of the additions take place in the Mario universe and it just rolls off the tongue better.
When the general public thinks "Nintendo", they prominently tend to think of "Mario" rather than all of Nintendo's IP as a whole. As a fan, the name doesn't make sense, but I totally get why they did it for the GP.

Nintendo characters = Mario
Screenshot_20221224-135202_Chrome.png

Also, Super Mario World (and Land) already exists as names, so it might've gotten confusing.

But it is funny to think back to me in May 2015 (when the Nintendo and Universal collaboration was first announced, not even the land directly) and I thought it was going to be like a Fantasy land styled area.

"They could make a Metroid version of the SCOOP ride!! Or like an Animal Crossing village!! Or maybe even a chicken stand themed to Ike from Fire Emblem! And how about a Luigi's Mansion dark ride! Splatoon paintball! Star Fox launch wing coaster roller coaster! Zelda something! Peach's castle will obviously be the entrance! Maybe they'll be a Nikki meet-and-greet! THE SKY IS THE LIMIT."

DqcVrjoWsAAtrYo.jpg

A year and some change later:

"Oh...its just mainline Mario...uhh, it looks really cool though! They're making a Mario Kart ride too? Hmm, I wonder how that's gonna work."

Last edited:
But it is funny to think back to me in May 2015 (when the Nintendo and Universal collaboration was first announced, not even the land directly) and I thought it was going to be like a Fantasy land styled area.

"They could make a Metroid version of the SCOOP ride!! Or like an Animal Crossing village!! Or maybe even a chicken stand themed to Ike from Fire Emblem! And how about a Luigi's Mansion dark ride! Splatoon paintball! Star Fox launch wing coaster roller coaster! Zelda something! Peach's castle will obviously be the entrance! Maybe they'll be a Nikki meet-and-greet! THE SKY IS THE LIMIT."

A year and some change later:

"Oh...its just mainline Mario...uhh, it looks really cool though! They're making a Mario Kart ride too? Hmm, I wonder how that's gonna work."
God, I remember having such thoughts, especially when Orlando's seemed initially planned to replace KidZone. Call it a pie in the sky type of deal, but if everything does well across the board, maybe one day there'd be a Universal operated Nintendo park on that previous scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
According to the email that went out to TM’s, the preview is Jan 19, 20 and 21. That channel is hardly if ever accurate.
Agreed, plus why would they do previews on a night they are open late. The late January dates are more accurate as the park closes early.

For those curious about the VIP Experience, I got this response from the VIP Team:

"Thank you for your interest in the VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood. The VIP Experience will include access to Super Nintendo World. Not only that, it is the only ticket that will allow you Express Access to the attraction as well as immediate access to the Land with or without your Tour Guide. "

Today I just booked a VIP Experience for Feb 18, and was told the same thing. As soon as I mentioned I the date Feb 18, they said, "Are you excited for Super Nintendo World?" :lol:

Side note: I never realized that as a Platinum AP holder, if you get a VIP ticket, the price of the park ticked is deducted from the cost of the VIP. The price for a VIP tour on Feb 18 was $439, but after our AP it was $325. Still expensive, but over $100 off. To get that price, you have to call the VIP office to book directly and give your AP number over the phone so it can be verified, as the website doesn't accommodate that discount. Not sure if discounts are given for other pass levels or not, but worth asking!

While Feb 17 was sold out, there were still a few slots available on Feb 18!

more tarps!

This is gross. I get it in the one hidden area but these ugly cheap and tacky tarps in front and visible in the main area of the land? Ugh. Embarrassing honestly. That is just beyond cheap and tacky wow that's a disappointment. I will never understand why Universal cheaps out like this. The exposed hogwarts showbuilding viewable IN the land. The SLOP themeing just stopping cold, now these cheap tarps?! I just don't get it.

This is gross. I get it in the one hidden area but these ugly cheap and tacky tarps in front and visible in the main area of the land? Ugh. Embarrassing honestly. That is just beyond cheap and tacky wow that's a disappointment. I will never understand why Universal cheaps out like this. The exposed hogwarts showbuilding viewable IN the land. The SLOP themeing just stopping cold, now these cheap tarps?! I just don't get it.
Most people have zero standards

they just want to ride with Mario and sadly give zero craps about good theming

Who ever green light this version of the land to me really sucks. I’m happy we have the land but it’s insane people were paid to design this version of the land

Like is it ideal anywhere? No. But I have no problem giving it a pass in a tiny hidden section of the queue. Fine, I get it. But in the centerpiece of the land? W.t.f.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I think it's probably worth telling any surveyors in there about these once the land opens or during the previews if there's any. Granted Jurassic World was rushed out for summer 2019, the Pterodactyls did get replaced with that wrecked Gyrosphere. Guest feedback may or may not have had a hand in that though.

But at the same time, Runaway Railway opened under pretty different circumstances in Florida. It opened a few days before the parks shut down and Rise of the Resistance kinda stole its thunder. The Disneyland version has everything going for it.

dc0b51587a42b1e2e75df27dff8aff44.jpg

Eh. COVID hysteria really wasn't a thing at that point. Sure, people were cautious but it wasn't enough to have any real impact. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that reality started hitting; and even then... there was a huge gathering in Main St for the last night before shutdowns.

AchingThornyCentipede-max-1mb.gif

Anyways, Runaway Railway and Mario Kart seem like very good comparisons in terms of experiences.