Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Follow TDR Explorer on Twitter and YouTube. He's already reviewed the food items in the store they opened before the land, and I bet after the embargo lifts he could post reviews of food from in the land. I like his videos as he seems pretty honest (and speaks English).

I know he’ll do a great job covering it. He started his podcast around the time I was planning my first TDR trip and I’ve been following from the beginning.

(Does anyone know why sometimes you just stop getting email notifications for threads you’re watching?)

Not to derail this thread, and I can't speak to email, but I often don't get notifications here in the forums for new posts in threads I'm watching. I'll have to unwatch and then watch again in order to sort of "restart" getting notifications. It happens quite frequently. Doesn't apply to reactions or direct replies to my own posts.

Anybody else ever encounter this?

Reactions: dxwwf3
Wait a minute!!! I read the pages of the "debate" about this ride and I have to say, I was a little let down THINKING "We gotta another one" (in my best DJ Khaled voice) then I watched said video. . .

You mean to tell me,
I am still MOVING while going down this augmented rainbow looking road at a pretty fast speed, simulated, and if I look to my left and right I would see the same thing?!?!?

What's the issue here??? That clip alone got me excited for the ride! But then again, I did enjoy the voyage of the little mermaid :lol: :grin: lol.

There's an AMA over on Reddit from a guy who says he attended a soft opening. He did say that it will most likely take until tomorrow morning Japanese time for him to answer most questions, but he has answered one so far re Mario Kart....

Q:

Someone had leaked this Video over on r/UniversalOrlando
(Link to YouTube - not sure if I can post it here on the forums)
Any chance you can confirm if this is legit and if so, is the whole ride similar to this, or are there physical sets for the attraction as well?

A:

Yes, I can confirm that the video is indeed real.

The ride is filled with physical sets, but you view it through the lens of the AR. Quite honestly, you could still enjoy the ride just looking at the sets without the AR if you really wanted too. That's just how great of a job they did.

So to answer your question, the ride is essentially what you see happening in the video, but it is happening throughout different physical sets.

I hope that is a sufficient enough answer.
Now my question is, would we be able to ride without the AR?

So it's exactly what @Alicia said? Okay, well then.
Not only do I love her channel so I know I’m biased just because I think she has fantastic theme park coverage and enthusiasm regardless of what special info we get, and yeah this ride sounds just about what we thought it was gonna be but maybe more AR? I also still dunno what was AR and not for the flying/finish line. I don’t want to either hahaha it was just insane it’s a blend of legit everything plus new tech. Mind blowing

Reactions: Frogki
There's an AMA over on Reddit from a guy who says he attended a soft opening. He did say that it will most likely take until tomorrow morning Japanese time for him to answer most questions, but he has answered one so far re Mario Kart....

Q:

Someone had leaked this Video over on r/UniversalOrlando
(Link to YouTube - not sure if I can post it here on the forums)
Any chance you can confirm if this is legit and if so, is the whole ride similar to this, or are there physical sets for the attraction as well?

A:

Yes, I can confirm that the video is indeed real.

The ride is filled with physical sets, but you view it through the lens of the AR. Quite honestly, you could still enjoy the ride just looking at the sets without the AR if you really wanted too. That's just how great of a job they did.

So to answer your question, the ride is essentially what you see happening in the video, but it is happening throughout different physical sets.

I hope that is a sufficient enough answer.
Would be weird to only hear the characters and not see them if you really did want to go through without putting the goggles on.

Not only do I love her channel so I know I’m biased just because I think she has fantastic theme park coverage and enthusiasm regardless of what special info we get, and yeah this ride sounds just about what we thought it was gonna be but maybe more AR? I also still dunno what was AR and not for the flying/finish line. I don’t want to either hahaha it was just insane it’s a blend of legit everything plus new tech. Mind blowing
It’s been a bit of a roller coaster, cause in the beginning the ride was going to rely heavily on AR, then after a couple years the rumor was the technology wasn’t working out as well as they hoped so they were bringing in more physical props and sets. Then we heard projection mapping was going to be used instead of LED tunnels as the early concept included. And then, just over the summer, rumors that the AR was working came out.

So, seeing how we got a dark ride with practical sets, runaway railway style projection mapping, AND super accurate AR is just so exciting to me!

It’s been a bit of a roller coaster, cause in the beginning the ride was going to rely heavily on AR, then after a couple years the rumor was the technology wasn’t working out as well as they hoped so they were bringing in more physical props and sets. Then we heard projection mapping was going to be used instead of LED tunnels as the early concept included. And then, just over the summer, rumors that the AR was working came out.

So, seeing how we got a dark ride with practical sets, runaway railway style projection mapping, AND super accurate AR is just so exciting to me!
It was the perfect baby of all their concepts it sounds, I think we are very lucky to be getting this ride. Now I just wanna ride the damn thing haha

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

May be the Jaws of theme park rides; technical failures end up making it great!

I’d like to see a POV where they don’t shove the camera into the goggles. The video we have is just not flattering at all.
Personally I appreciate it. I was much more worried about how convincing the AR would be/how well it would function, so seeing it in action was great.

I assume we'll get one without the AR as well.

Now my question is, would we be able to ride without the AR?
I too like to evaluate things without their defining characteristic.

People are asking about what this attraction is like with AR, when Mario Kart without AR would (literally) be like Men in Black without the shooting. Could you ride it? Sure. But it would be boring and senseless by most measures.

People are asking about what this attraction is like with AR, when Mario Kart without AR would (literally) be like Men in Black without the shooting. Could you ride it? Sure. But it would be boring and senseless by most measures.
I always tell myself I wanna ride MiB just once without using the zapper, just to really take in all the details... But I can never bring myself to do it.

The ironic thing about that one short clip of the ride we've seen is that the poster probably chose to post that portion because that's the portion that impressed them most. Little did they know, it's the physical sets the masses wanted to see :grin:

I am all in on the AR, myself, but I have people in my travel group who get motion sick. They attribute it to screens, but I think it’s just weird movements of rides. I am curious if there will even be the option of riding without the AR like there is to not shoot your gun on MIB or to remove your 3D glasses on Spider-Man?

The only reason I would ride it without is for seeing the technical wizardry, but I will most likely get that from POVS

I am all in on the AR, myself, but I have people in my travel group who get motion sick. They attribute it to screens, but I think it’s just weird movements of rides. I am curious if there will even be the option of riding without the AR like there is to not shoot your gun on MIB or to remove your 3D glasses on Spider-Man?

The only reason I would ride it without is for seeing the technical wizardry, but I will most likely get that from POVS
I mean, I’m sure it’s *possible*, but people probably won’t get much out of the ride without AR.

Id also think Spider-Man without 3D glasses would be hell on someone with motion sickness

Reactions: Frogki and Legacy
Personally I appreciate it. I was much more worried about how convincing the AR would be/how well it would function, so seeing it in action was great.

I assume we'll get one without the AR as well.

Same, for me the AR was definitely going to be a bit of a wild card on how it would look. That video chucked any fear of mine clear out the window since it looks great, and it's being used in neat ways I didn't expect them to.

I mean, I’m sure it’s *possible*, but people probably won’t get much out of the ride without AR.

Id also think Spider-Man without 3D glasses would be hell on someone with motion sickness
I agree that they won't get as much, but they just go on the rides sometimes to stay with the group. When I showed them the video, that was their first question.

And removing the 3-D glasses is something I don't understand, but they claim it helps.

2 more full days left folks!

Do we think anybody has filmed a good full POV ready to be posted on the 4th? I know TDR has videos already edited and lined up to post on "opening day", but I believe they only go over food and merch offerings in the land.. I could be wrong but he doesn't ever do POV videos I don't think..

I'm also hoping we get different items to throw in different scenes. Bob-ombs would be awesome... and Fire Flowers would be so much fun.. maybe even some squid ink for that finale