Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

cool music video and all, but they took it a little too far imo.
I think they did a great job of hyping for the land without giving anything away AND really selling us on the idea of two things:

1: I want a Mario hat.
2: Oh neat, we can interact with the land.

That's pretty much what the whole presentation came down to today.. interactivity.

cool music video and all, but they took it a little too far imo.

I think they handled today quite well; considering this was for all intents, the blowout of marketing. We should start to see USJ and NintendoPR start to trickle out details over the course of the next few months. Especially as how USH and UOR's Twitter accounts have now said their thing, it's time for things to move forward. Even if we don't have a firm date, I do think this is a good start. It's as @Alicia somewhat said too, today was about the core announcement of the Bands and the SNW app. And even then, USJ got to finally handle the year brand alongside that.

I think they did a great job of hyping for the land without giving anything away AND really selling us on the idea of two things:

1: I want a Mario hat.
2: Oh neat, we can interact with the land.

That's pretty much what the whole presentation came down to today.. interactivity.
There is hyping and then completely overselling the actual experience. It was fun to watch though. Was hoping for some actual concrete ride details. I don’t think anyone will be running around the park and jumping. I could be wrong though.

they need to add a “not actual gameplay” disclaimer...lol.

Ya a tad disappointing we didn't get more but it was still a nice tease of everything. I mean we did get the MK ride vehicles and while likely "plussed" in many ways I'm sure that was some version of the ride scene or many scenes in one kinda deal. Gave us a really great idea of the intention of the experience and the fun you can have. Good marketing I'd say.