Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

That ThemeparkX photo of bowsers castle has what looks like a interactive area to the left. Also are those social distancing markers on the ground?

I could see little kids in the park, after seeing all of the cartoonish movement from afar, stomping their feet, and demanding their parents take them into Nintendo. "Mommy mommy. I wanna go der and see dat. Pleze , pleze, mommy" :) :lol:
Are Japanese kids as bratty and entitled as us Americans? lol

Eternally relevant video:

Damn, that says so much. Up until the 1970's,or so, you would see similar scenes to that in the US every day, just about everywhere. As a young child , with younger siblings, we did the same types of things in everyday life.
And then, almost overnight,society got really suspicious of one another, over protective, less nice, and certainly less resourceful..Then 'participation trophies' instead of winner trophies. ...Once you were 5 or 6, in the 50's and 60's & early 70's, just go out in the neighborhood and play, or go to the store in town and get the items mom called for. Walked to school; in first grade and beyond, six or seven blocks, no adults. . Don't come home until mom goes out on the porch, yells as loud as she can so she could be heard a couple of blocks away, "Come home Johnny, supper's ready". Those were the days my friend, let them (memories) never end. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Damn, that says so much. Up until the 1970's,or so, you would see similar scenes to that in the US every day, just about everywhere. As a young child , with younger siblings, we did the same types of things in everyday life.
And then, almost overnight,society got really suspicious of one another, over protective, less nice, and certainly less resourceful.....Once you were 5 or 6, just go out in the neighborhood and play, or go to the store in town and get the items mom called for. Don't come home until mom goes out on the porch, yells as loud as she can so she could be heard a couple of blocks away, "Come home Johnny, supper.s ready". Those were the days my friend, let them never end. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I don't see that happening anytime soon in the states after the age of stranger danger and helicopter parenting.

At least my parents let me watch and read whatever I wanted, I know some kids' parents who treat the MPAA and ESRB ratings like the bible.

EDIT: I know stranger danger was more of an 80s thing, but the kids of the 80s are the parents of today.

Yeah, I don't see that happening anytime soon in the states after the age of stranger danger and helicopter parenting.

At least my parents let me watch and read whatever I wanted, I know some kids' parents who treat the MPAA and ESRB ratings like the bible.
and there was stranger danger even back then. It's just the media did't create hysteria like they do now. Heck, people used to hitch hike everywhere too. Tons of them, most every kid or adult that didn't have a car.. Rarely ever see that today.
Trouble is, over protection doesn't help you when it comes time to face life as an adult, which is often tough.

And then, almost overnight,society got really suspicious of one another, over protective, less nice, and certainly less resourceful..Then 'participation trophies' instead of winner trophies. ...Once you were 5 or 6, in the 50's and 60's & early 70's, just go out in the neighborhood and play, or go to the store in town and get the items mom called for. Walked to school; in first grade and beyond, six or seven blocks, no adults. . Don't come home until mom goes out on the porch, yells as loud as she can so she could be heard a couple of blocks away, "Come home Johnny, supper's ready". Those were the days my friend, let them (memories) never end. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I know stranger danger was more of an 80s thing, but the kids of the 80s are the parents of today.
It was the milk carton kids and fear of abduction that really made people protect their kids more.

Additionally, people started having less kids per household, so they felt the need to overprotect as a natural defense mechanism.

Fantastic book by Jonathan Haidt called “The Coddling of the American Mind” addresses a lot of that. I recommend it to any parent; especially a new one or one with young kids.

So... about Nintendo :lol:
But yes, I’d regularly see elementary age children on a subway or train alone in Japan going to school. They are much more mature and self-reliant than the average American child. Personally, mine buck that trend because I make self reliance and autonomy a priority in my parenting.

and there was stranger danger even back then. It's just the media did't create hysteria like they do now. Heck, people used to hitch hike everywhere too. Tons of them, most every kid or adult that didn't have a car.. Rarely ever see that today.
Trouble is, over protection doesn't help you when it comes time to face life as an adult, which is often tough.

The somewhat crazy thing is, that there were just as many creeps and nasty happenings back then as there are or would be today. i.e. the Catholic church/priest thing didn’t just begin in 1994.

The somewhat crazy thing is, that there were just as many creeps and nasty happenings back then as there are or would be today. i.e. the Catholic church/priest thing didn’t just begin in 1994.
Yes, that's what I was referring to. Lots of creeps in the organized youth sports organizations too. For various reasons, society took a complete turn and became somewhat over reactive and over protective.....I think that we as kids had more fun back then since we were on our own and independent. And it really helped to develop leadership qualities in so many of us since we organized many of the day to day non organizational sports activities ourselves, instead of parents driving us everywhere and showing up at practice/every game/activity little Johnny played in.Heck, I would have been embarrassed if my mom came where we played ball and rooted us on. Those day to day games were not attended by parents. It was just us kids.

Last edited:
Look at these stunning pics, just makes me want to be there right NOW!

Also it looks like foundation work is continuing for the DK area - that's a good sign.
Best photos of the park I've ever seen. Love those aerials. :thumbsup:....Man, talk about urban sprawl. No way I'd want to live there....But I love the park, just not the surrounding factory/mills area.

Wow, it’s incredible how bright the land is at night. Like it’s still daytime and the sun is shining. Should look amazing.

really hope this opens soon so we can see what mario kart looks like.

Wow, it’s incredible how bright the land is at night. Like it’s still daytime and the sun is shining. Should look amazing.

really hope this opens soon so we can see what mario kart looks like.
God I just need SOMETHING from Mario Kart.

To think we could have had a POV by now :(