Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm guessing 2022 will be when this opens, if that's when the Olympics are delayed til.
I don’t see this land sitting for 2 years. Summer 2021? Sure, but I don’t see 2022 summer being a thing. I could be wrong however, I can’t imagine major re-work or ops for this land isn’t happening. It was intended to be a very interactive, group filled activities. Doesn’t work in Covid world, so idk.

Also figured I’d ask it cause some awesome peeps here are in the know and are often willing to share with us, anyone hear if they’ve been testing Mario Kart during this time? AR/The Ride working well?

I'm guessing 2022 will be when this opens, if that's when the Olympics are delayed til.
There’s discussion of this possibly opening within the next few months, maybe early next year... but I wouldn’t see them wait until 2022.

The number of cases locally is all that matters. They weren’t even letting in guests from outside the immediate area until last week. Now all of Japan can visit, but still not international guests.

The Olympics brings people from around the world. That’s completely different.

They pushed the opening announcement date to fall. Personally Might be announced by November, and I believe soft-openings could happen in January with it fully opening in March so the locals will start coming back and by spring international travel between Asian countries could happen. But this is all depending on COVID-19.

Last edited:
Quick question for anybody who’s been following this and is more knowledgeable. The leaked concept art of bowsers castle, is that what the ride will look really end up looking like minus the AR glasses?

Quick question for anybody who’s been following this and is more knowledgeable. The leaked concept art of bowsers castle, is that what the ride will look really end up looking like minus the AR glasses?
I hope lol, unless you’re discussing a different piece of art that doesn’t include Bowser and 2 guests riding and queue people on the left.

Major, MAJOR leaks just hit the internet this morning. Apparently the website got leaked via Vimeo. Two new photos of the Mario Kart ride are online. Other spoilers below.
Captain Kinopio (Toad) is involved in Yoshi Adventure, you're hunting for Yoshi eggs. The restaurant is called Kinopios (Toad) Cafe. There's a giant chain chomp on the Mario Kart ride seen in one of the leaked photos. AR technology confirmed.