Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nvm.

So are they just not showing the Mario Kart animatronics or what?

were those confirmed?
The photos look like typical press / promo shots. So how this all looks in “reality”‘should be interesting. The ride vehicles themselves are a little less themed than I was expecting as well.

Reactions: Clive and Coolbfitz
That's my guess.
Hopefully they're all working okay.

But the pics look like leaked Press images, we shall see how accurate that is to when we ride but still, FINALLY give us some sort of impression. It's nice to finally get the little sample and taste Ive been craving.

So not going to post it here; but is that the final “name” of the attraction? That’s news in itself when it comes to Universal.

Reactions: Mike S
Based on the images I've seen, I'm curious exactly what we're looking at. No headsets on riders, which means any interactivity has to be taking place on screens elsewhere in the attraction, yes?

Is this still going to mostly be the "traditional dark ride on steroids" it was initially rumored to be, or has it morphed into something much more like the majority of Universal's E-tickets they've built over the last decade?

Put bluntly: is this a SCREENZ ride or not?

Last edited:
Based on the images I've seen, I'm curious exactly what we're looking at. No headsets on riders, which means any interactivity has to be taking place on screens elsewhere in the attraction, yes?

Is this still going to mostly be the "traditional dark ride on steroids" it was initially rumored to be, or has it morphed into something much more like the majority of Unviersal's E-tickets they've built over the last decade?

Put bluntly: is this a SCREENZ ride or not?
Well I'm not an insider BUT

- Projection Mapping was confirmed, Im sure that'll be used within the sets to enhance settings, along with screens in the backgrounds to enhance/expand those settings.

- Same thing with screen or projection mapping on the ceilings, maybe not the same tech but probably the same idea of the final Gringotts scene where we are fully immersed, except Im sure Mario Kart is a plussed version of this.

- I think your wristbands are what will help with the interactivity, nothing else. You throw shells/items in the game and don't use a gun or shooter, so makes sense for the ride. No blue how that is pulled off.

- Based on the giant Chomp Chain in the pictures, I am indeed still thinking big ass Dark Ride. I think like Rise it is using ALL elements to make it come to life.

These photos were likely taken at load, or off the ride even, before the ride was done being built, with a green screen behind the riders. This is how Universal shoots most of their commercial footage and takes promo photos. That way they can control the lighting and get a clear photo of backgrounds.

Everything behind them is likely entirely fake, and not representative of the actual experience.

These photos were likely taken at load, or off the ride even, before the ride was done being built, with a green screen behind the riders. This is how Universal shoots most of their commercial footage and takes promo photos. That way they can control the lighting and get a clear photo of backgrounds.

Everything behind them is likely entirely fake, and not representative of the actual experience.
1596654566074.gif

I’m also curious about the steering wheels. Maybe accurately turning in the direction of the track helps build points and determines which car will win at the end (items notwithstanding)? Something like MIB’s average score for each car, so ideally everyone would need to be turning the right way throughout the ride to get a high car score. Just a thought.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

There better be a giant chain chomp on the ride or I swear to god....

There better be a giant chain chomp on the ride or I swear to god....
Ya I mean I knew those pics were never 100% accurate but now ill be annoyed lol.

Same with an Airship, its been in so much of the marketing (especially in the Galantis vid with Bowser on the ride and an Airship exploding above the riders coming out of the warp pipe), an Airship best ass fly over me not in AR haha.

Reactions: Coolbfitz