Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder if DK is still under construction? I know we saw pics of footers and groundwork but not seen anything recently. I'd guess this won't open until 2023 now?

How can they sanitize the steering wheels between each guest? I haven't been to a park since covid. Do they clean the lap bars and handles at all? Or do they think having riders sanitize their own hands is enough?

How can they sanitize the steering wheels between each guest? I haven't been to a park since covid. Do they clean the lap bars and handles at all? Or do they think having riders sanitize their own hands is enough?
They require all guests use hand sanitizer right before load at Universal parks. They only clean ride surfaces periodically.

AR headset visors are cleaned after every use same as 3D glasses, but that’s not for pandemic, just normal operation.

I would imagine they just give out hand sanitizer and wipe down every 30 mins

edit: here’s an image I found of said hand sanitizer. The poster has tons of images of MK queue.

Last edited:
There's an AMA over on Reddit from a guy who says he attended a soft opening. He did say that it will most likely take until tomorrow morning Japanese time for him to answer most questions, but he has answered one so far re Mario Kart....

Q:

Someone had leaked this Video over on r/UniversalOrlando
(Link to YouTube - not sure if I can post it here on the forums)
Any chance you can confirm if this is legit and if so, is the whole ride similar to this, or are there physical sets for the attraction as well?

A:

Yes, I can confirm that the video is indeed real.

The ride is filled with physical sets, but you view it through the lens of the AR. Quite honestly, you could still enjoy the ride just looking at the sets without the AR if you really wanted too. That's just how great of a job they did.

So to answer your question, the ride is essentially what you see happening in the video, but it is happening throughout different physical sets.

I hope that is a sufficient enough answer.

There's an AMA over on Reddit from a guy who says he attended a soft opening. He did say that it will most likely take until tomorrow morning Japanese time for him to answer most questions, but he has answered one so far re Mario Kart....

Q:

Any chance you can confirm if this is legit and if so, is the whole ride similar to this, or are there physical sets for the attraction as well?

A:

The ride is filled with physical sets, but you view it through the lens of the AR. Quite honestly, you could still enjoy the ride just looking at the sets without the AR if you really wanted too. That's just how great of a job they did.

So to answer your question, the ride is essentially what you see happening in the video, but it is happening throughout different physical sets.

Good news.

Q:

A:

You don't say! :tired:

EDIT: Thank you for sharing the AMA! I think we all needed to hear this from someone that was there.

Last edited:
Glad to catch up on the thread today (Does anyone know why sometimes you just stop getting email notifications for threads you’re watching?) and I’m glad to hear from someone that’s been on it.

Reactions: Frogki and belloq87
Glad to catch up on the thread today (Does anyone know why sometimes you just stop getting email notifications for threads you’re watching?) and I’m glad to hear from someone that’s been on it.
I think you only get notified once for new posts until you view the thread again while logged in? Then you'll get another for new posts since you looked. Is that what you mean?

I think you only get notified once for new posts until you view the thread again while logged in? Then you'll get another for new posts since you looked. Is that what you mean?
Yes, but sometimes it gets to the point where my emails just stop. Usually after a couple of days. And I always open the links while logged in. Happens all the time and is very frustrating. But at least I’m caught up on this and a couple of other threads now.

I’m also looking forward to hearing food reviews here too. I haven’t been to USJ yet, but I really like most of the food at TDR.

I’m also looking forward to hearing food reviews here too. I haven’t been to USJ yet, but I really like most of the food at TDR.

Follow TDR Explorer on Twitter and YouTube. He's already reviewed the food items in the store they opened before the land, and I bet after the embargo lifts he could post reviews of food from in the land. I like his videos as he seems pretty honest (and speaks English).