T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I got to do the Hawkins Lab experience today!

Spoilers below...
So there was a screen showing a dark forest and I was tasked with saving a girl named Jessica. We interacted via the walkie-talkie. She asked my name and then used it immediately which was really cool! A demogorgon appears and Jessica tells you to get his attention by waving and making noise. After you do that he turns around and then Jessica tells you to use your hand and push out towards him which then sends him flying backwards. This gives Jessica the chance to escape and the experience ends. In total it took about 3 minutes.
There is a kinect sensor or some sort of similar tech hidden in the box which detects your movements.

Not sure how they'll incorporate this into any future attractions (or if that's even what this is for) but I could see it being pretty neat!

49409945-314dfc80-f77c-11e8-90a1-8aa124ae1ade.png

I have my flag planted firmly in the Jimmy Fallon timeframe. Basically, I just expect it to be open for Spring Break.

That's my expectations though. It's possible we could see a December or January open I guess. Anytime before that I just don't see happening and I think it's an extreme stretch that it would open this year.

Of course with Holiday stuff going on in December and Mardi Gras from Feb-April, it's possible that this doesn't open until April or May. This show is a real wildcard.

Not necessarily expecting it but from a pure speculation stand point, a January 1 New Years Day opening could be smart. "Kicking off the new year with a new show" or some easy marketing letting people know, hey, this is open on this day that you're all aware of, come visit! They could showcase it a little bit during NBC New Years Eve programming and Christmas programming, getting those vacation sales up for 2020 along with Marketing Hagrid could make it seem like the resort has a lot going on. Just a thought though, I know January isn't typically busy.

Not necessarily expecting it but from a pure speculation stand point, a January 1 New Years Day opening could be smart. "Kicking off the new year with a new show" or some easy marketing letting people know, hey, this is open on this day that you're all aware of, come visit! They could showcase it a little bit during NBC New Years Eve programming and Christmas programming, getting those vacation sales up for 2020 along with Marketing Hagrid could make it seem like the resort has a lot going on. Just a thought though, I know January isn't typically busy.
January is busier than you'd expect. WDW Marathon brings in a ton of crowds first week of the year (which props up Universal), MLK Weekend, Rock The Universe, and now Universal will be having their own Marathon at the end of the month.

January is busier than you'd expect. WDW Marathon brings in a ton of crowds first week of the year (which props up Universal), MLK Weekend, Rock The Universe, and now Universal will be having their own Marathon at the end of the month.
Add in Bourne, and man, thats a ton of action in January!!! I guess that is typically true, forgot Rock The Universe honestly.