TEA Report Released | Inside Universal Forums

TEA Report Released

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
http://www.teaconnect.org/images/files/TEA_103_49736_150603.pdf

The attendance numbers for last year were released today by TEA/AECOM. According to the new numbers, Uni/Disney parks take up the top 12 spots with three big gains coming from Uni parks (17% USF, 16.8% USJ, 11% USH) as well. Disney's parks all had fairly average years, with the exception of the Paris parks, which both dropped 4.7%.

Quick side note, SeaWorld dropped another 8% and has nothing this year before Mako, so looking forward, they may not even be in the top 25 as next year's numbers are released. If you dig deaper into the numbers though, you'll see that Busch Gardens Tampa actually gained 1%, while SeaWorld San Diego dropped a jarring 12%!

Top 25 Theme Parks:
TEA2015_zpsaiwxs4g7.jpg

Top 20 Water Parks:
TEA20151_zpssansbqda.jpg

Last edited:
2014 Orlando Market Share Update:

MK + EPCOT + AK + DHS = 51,500,000

USF + IOA = 16,404,000

SeaWorld = 4,683,000

Total = 72,587,000

Disney Market Share = 70.9%(-0.3% from last year)

Universal Market Share = 22.6%(+1.0% from last year)

SeaWorld Market Share = 6.5%(-0.7% from last year)

Sea World only pulled 4.68M last year according to this report. Busch Gardens Tampa pulled in 4.12M. So BGT is just a little over 500K away from catching up to SW. doubt it will happen, especially since BGT isn't getting a new ride until next year when SW is getting Mako. However, it goes to show that SW is the odd one out in the tourist area. BGT is holding it's own fairly well in a city that's about an hour and a half away from Orlando. Not exactly an easy drive (or something tourists even a ride that tourists want to stomach one of the bus rides that SW offers for). BGT is mainly a locals park. I'm not sure if SW is turning into that or not, but it is definitely interesting to see the numbers evening out between the two parks.

At least until Mako opens.

2014 Orlando Market Share Update:

MK + EPCOT + AK + DHS = 51,500,000

USF + IOA = 16,404,000

SeaWorld = 4,683,000

Total = 72,587,000

Disney Market Share = 70.9%(-0.3% from last year)

Universal Market Share = 22.6%(+1.0% from last year)

SeaWorld Market Share = 6.5%(-0.7% from last year)
This jives with what Universal was saying when Kong opened. They said they have 20%-25% of the market share and they believe they can get more.

Oy vey those UOR numbers are painfully wrong. Another year, another joke from the TEA.

And that's the beginning and end of my participation in this thread
In their defense, being an outside company, it's a lot harder to predict these numbers now with the hogwarts express screwing with the number of gate clicks.

Ya, those Uni numbers are completely off. Which, the WDW ones aren't any better.

Everyone knows the TEA numbers are made up anyway. So, whatever.
The problem is, the numbers matter because these are the numbers that everyone seems to go by. These are the numbers that get reported on and are currently being reported on.

So unless someone can provide better numbers, these are the only numbers that should be referred to.

The problem is, the numbers matter because these are the numbers that everyone seems to go by. These are the numbers that get reported on and are currently being reported on.

So unless someone can provide better numbers, these are the only numbers that should be referred to.

The only people who ever refer to these numbers are theme park fans. You never see a comment from Universal or SeaWorld or Disney on them. Because they all know they're a joke

The fact they claim IoA had NO MORE people going into it when USF had double digit growth is ludicrous

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
The only people who ever refer to these numbers are theme park fans. You never see a comment from Universal or SeaWorld or Disney on them. Because they all know they're a joke
I know they don't, I never said the theme park companies themselves should because that's ludicrous. I was specifically referring to fans because that's who these numbers are for.

I would love it if Disney, Uni and SW all came out and told us their attendance numbers, but they don't. So FANS, as you stated, can only go by these numbers.

Unless someone else wants to provide what they think is better. Don't know how I can put it any clearer.

Refer to them all you want, just remember, you are referring to and passing off a fictitious figure as fact if you do so. Even Len Testa said these numbers were inaccurate in the recent WDW Today podcast. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not going to consider fictitious numbers as fact despite what you tell me I should do.

I know they don't, I never said the theme park companies themselves should because that's ludicrous. I was specifically referring to fans because that's who these numbers are for.

I would love it if Disney, Uni and SW all came out and told us their attendance numbers, but they don't. So FANS, as you stated, can only go by these numbers.

Unless someone else wants to provide what they think is better. Don't know how I can put it any clearer.

Well in reality I dont think fans should ever bother talking capacity. It's a useless metric/trivia. It's tells you a little about the health of the park, but paints a wildly incomplete picture. It's like comparing the amount of burgers McDonald's sells compared to Five Guys...who cares?

Refer to them all you want, just remember, you are referring to and passing off a fictitious figure as fact if you do so. Even Len Trsta said these numbers were inaccurate in the recent WDW Today podcast. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not going to consider fictions numbers as fact despite what you tell me I should do.
You aren't disappointing me any. I know exactly about these numbers, i've been around awhile.

I'm just saying, while these should be taken with a grain of salt that, what else do you have for me to go one? That's my only point of contention. These are the only numbers released by anyone for the market. I'm not saying they should be looked at as gospel. But it's at least something.

You aren't disappointing me any. I know exactly about these numbers, i've been around awhile.

I'm just saying, while these should be taken with a grain of salt that, what else do you have for me to go one? That's my only point of contention. These are the only numbers released by anyone for the market. I'm not saying they should be looked at as gospel. But it's at least something.

It's a valid point, but I can't take them for even a discussion point, let alone care about them because I know how messed up they are. It's like having a discussion with someone that thinks the moon landing was fake. Sure, you can have that discussion, but who wants to deal with the headache?

Well in reality I dont think fans should ever bother talking capacity. It's a useless metric/trivia. It's tells you a little about the health of the park, but paints a wildly incomplete picture. It's like comparing the amount of burgers McDonald's sells compared to Five Guys...who cares?
I really don't care too much about the numbers tbh, to me, it's more of an "oooh, that's interesting" type of thing that I think about for a few minutes and then don't really look at the numbers again until next year. I probably spend more time arguing about the validity of the existence of the numbers than anything. :fight:

Reactions: HailSouthern84
I really don't care too much about the numbers tbh, to me, it's more of an "oooh, that's interesting" type of thing that I think about for a few minutes and then don't really look at the numbers again until next year. I probably spend more time arguing about the validity of the existence of the numbers than anything. :fight:

Everybody does. You have two camps, those that know they are complete rubbish and say so and those that know they are complete rubbish and want to believe them. It's a big aggravation for us all.

The Disney Twitter folks are holding a ticker taper parade celebrating their victory today :lol:
Well, Disney was never really in any danger. At least based on the TEA numbers from last year. It would've taken 25/32% gains at IOA/USF respectively to even tie DHS (whose numbers are probably incredibly wrong, but again, that's it's own topic).

I'm going to stay out of this topic just because it's unnecessary headache. Don't need pointless arguments.

These numbers seem accurate to me. The IOA numbers seem a little off, but everything else "makes sense"...

Personally, I don't think even Mako will help with Sea World's image or attendence. They have lost a certain percent of the population with all the bad publicity