TEA Report Released | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

TEA Report Released

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know what you do, but there's a very slim percentage of the population who have access to every theme park in the world's actual attendance figures. If you work for the company, I can see you having data to one, but then how do you go about figuring out the rest of them? Unless employees are risking their jobs and non-disclosures to bring people on a website information…which seems unlikely at best...

Reactions: UniversalCityFL
How are the TEA attendance figures collated? The parks seem to keep the gate numbers close to their chests so how are Tea able to release such figures? Where are they getting the numbers from?

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
I don't know what you do, but there's a very slim percentage of the population who have access to every theme park in the world's actual attendance figures. If you work for the company, I can see you having data to one, but then how do you go about figuring out the rest of them? Unless employees are risking their jobs and non-disclosures to bring people on a website information…which seems unlikely at best...
I'm a good listener. I mainly ever hear about MK, USF, and IoA. There is 0.0 chance that DHS has the attendance TEA reports and 0.0 chance that IoA was flat last year.

Reactions: Disneyhead
How are the TEA attendance figures collated? The parks seem to keep the gate numbers close to their chests so how are Tea able to release such figures? Where are they getting the numbers from?
That is a good question. Perhaps in a manner similar to TouringPlans but not as sophisticated.

I just don't see how being a good listener constitutes having actual information. You're trusting one source over another, no? I truly do believe that the numbers are flawed, they're complex and it's dealing with a lotttt of info so obviously there has to be room for error. But I think that can be said about anything, except for the actual parks themselves. Of course, what really matters anyway is revenues…again, Universal is killing it percentage-wise but even then Disney's small (I've heard 1%) increase is much larger just due to their size.

I don't get how people can just write the data off as completely wrong. I mean, if they really are completely fabricated why even bother releasing them? There has to be SOME decent method for arriving at the figures that they do. I mean, parks don't release their attendance figures, so you guys who are all up in arms claiming it to be BS have no basis to say that because there's no way you can know the actual facts. I just think that's a little hypocritical.

I know the actualy UOR numbers. Both of the numbers in the TEA report are low.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I know the actualy UOR numbers. Both of the numbers in the TEA report are low.

But, to my point, you don't know the actual Disney numbers….they may also be low in the report. They also might be too high. The point is, it's almost impossible to know the climate of attendance in EVERY park, so writing off the entire report is useless IMO.

TEA doesn't reveal their methodology or information sources. They're probably guess estimates and that's it. I would trust Jungle Skip's and Disneyhead's info over TEA any day. They both have a good established track record for accurate information.

^I don't not trust anyone, don't get me wrong! I think that there's definitely a heavy Universal bias here that something like the TEA does not have but I'm only pointing out the two sides of the coin is all. It doesn't affect me in any way regardless, just thought I'd stick my tongue in lol

Does anyone know what MK's park capacity is vs. TDL's capacity? Everyone always bring it up that TDL is always packed, but i'd be interested in knowing what the capacities are. I'm sure MK is less as they've closed a lot (and are just starting to gain it back) and haven't used any actual expansion pads, but would be interested in knowing.

But, to my point, you don't know the actual Disney numbers….they may also be low in the report. They also might be too high.

Do you really believe DHS and DAK draw in more than 10.5 million a year? REALLY? A park that closes one ride and two shows and they draw more people?

Do you really believe DHS and DAK draw in more than 10.5 million a year? REALLY? A park that closes one ride and two shows and they draw more people?

Easy there cowboy. If you actually read what I'm saying, I'm not advocating that the Disney numbers are completely correct. But again, you or I can't judge based on anything but facts that only the park has. That's really all I was trying to say, but apparently for some reason theme park attendance numbers are a heated topic for you guys so I'll go back to the corner now lol

Does anyone know what MK's park capacity is vs. TDL's capacity? Everyone always bring it up that TDL is always packed, but i'd be interested in knowing what the capacities are. I'm sure MK is less as they've closed a lot (and are just starting to gain it back) and haven't used any actual expansion pads, but would be interested in knowing.

I'm pretty sure TDL has a higher capacity...it was built to be the largest Disneyland style park and they have TONS of attractions, but I don't have an exact number of capacity.