Terminator 2:3D | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Terminator 2:3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you tell I'm an English major? We link random and seemingly unrelated things all day long and write 12 page papers on them. 
Politics major here. Not sure if that's good or bad, haha.

But yep, I wouldn't too much about the theming. One thing I've always wanted Universal to do was to embrace their studio heritage - which could justify the hodgepodge of attractions and shows. Just think of it: you're on a movie set and you're moving from one production to the other.

That's very much what Universal is about. Too bad they don't capitalize on that.

But getting back on Terminator and Despicable Me - I'm fine with Despicable Me as a ride, since I actually enjoyed that film. But I (like Allen mentioned) have an issue with the increasing number of simulators at the back. I know I'm horribly generalizing, but I don't want a moving chair in front of a large screen. I want live actors and large scale effects.

I was hoping we'd get a unique Despicable Me attraction, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And again about the theme, I think Universal has given up on that years ago. Just look at Universal Studios Florida. It's just sad...

How's your site, by the way? There's a few more differences that Chris and I discovered if you're interested. Odd differences, but differences nonetheless.
The activity on my site is currently on hold. I still love to work on it and finish it, but my life has gotten a hold of me.

I have started working on the ultimate T23D guide a few years ago (http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/info/t23dinfo_index.html), but the work stopped thus because of some personal stuff in my life and it hasn't stopped since then. Bough my own house a year ago with my girlfriend, so a lot of work on that. Then her fathe rgot diagnosed with cancer. We wanted to get married on January 18th 2013 and have him there with us, but we cancelled our marriage a few days ago. His health is going downhill so fast that he won't make it 'till the 18th. So right now my site is just on hold till life really calms down for me. Then I will continue working on it. As you can see the index of thatguide isn't evenly properly titled and not all the page link to their rightful content. I will fix it... in time. Don't worry about me, I will also be fine. I will continue posting here on this forum, most likely Terminator stuff as that is my hobby. ;-)

But I'm interested in the differences. I also spotted a few differences in the T-70 units (guns, head, etc). What do you say? Make a new topic about the differences and I will post my findings there.

I will also repost a few of my old topics form the old forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Best of luck.

But going back on topic, here's a video of Japan's preshow with the old video wall (and messed up closed captioning) still in place.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIWWyV1nczg?feature=oembed
Edit: Wait, that video does look like Hollywood's version with Japan's audio obviously slapped over. This may be a nerd thing to point out, but the screen burn in that video matches Hollywood, not Japan.

Chris, would you know anything about this?

Looking at that youtube user's profile he has more videos with the Japanese language slapped over it.

Here's anoterh Japanese video of the queue film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9kvfXfUQjA
Now that's the proper version. Burn in matches the Cyberdyne logo rotation in Japan. :p

Again with the technicalities, but I just now noticed that the sequencing is different between Japan and Hollywood. I wonder why that's so...

lol! That was hilarious. I never knew Chumlee from Pawn Stars went to Universal!

And right about....now that music is stuck in my head on repeat, thanks a lot Jon! :)

Saw that. Love his spirit. I think I'll do that for Despicable Me if they include the final dance room.

Funny note about the queue video. Our team had a thing where the only portion I would be left with on my visits would be the "La Bamba" loop. Every time. Videos. Photos. Everything. If you look back at our coverage, almost all my photos feature that loop.

I forgot... I have the vid of the last show of T2:3D... I have only the preshow since I was a very smart guy and charged my cellphone, so it died before recording the ending where it got a standing ovation