The Adventures of Curious George Playground | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Adventures of Curious George Playground

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No offense taken. ;) a Whomping Willow ride was rumored to have been cut from the original Wizarding World, so I wouldn't be surprised if it made it over here. Probably won't, but I'd personally love to see it.

I know it plays a role in Forbidden Journey, but I don't see why it can't be in two places, since it all technically represents the same place. We see Hogwarts in the ride, and in person.

Either way, I was just hoping for another family ride to increase ride count, and to make up for us not having Dragon Challenge.

Since we're in the Curious George thread, what part of the Wizarding World could possibly be taking Curious George's place? Forbidden Journey? Flight of the Hippogriff? Random backstage area??

Since we're in the Curious George thread, what part of the Wizarding World could possibly be taking Curious George's place? Forbidden Journey? Flight of the Hippogriff? Random backstage area??
My guess is that Forbidden Journey will be where the Gibson is. Hogsmeade will be in the space between Shrek and Water World. Flight of the Hippogriff will be where Curious George is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Potter2.png

Red = Hogsmeade

Yellow = Forbidden Journey

Blue = Flight of the Hippogriff

Well, that was quick. :lol: Isn't that kind of an odd layout for Hogsmeade, though? The idea for Hogsmeade in IOA is that you walk through the entire village and end up in front of Hogwarts, which just makes it seem that more grand. In this mockup layout, it looks like you can either go right or left (right being a dead end), with Hogwarts sitting right in front of you.

The red space can be a bit longer if you look at Google Maps, Red Carpet didn't include everything. But I agree, it looks slightly odd.

Also, unless I'm underestimating the size of a family coaster, would something like Hippogriff REALLY take up all of Curious George's space?! That's a pretty damn big space when you think about it. Doesn't make sense unless our Hippogriff coaster is going to be a lot longer and more custom than Orlando's. Which would be great actually!

Shrek really looks like it it's in the way. Which made me think of this. What if it's only TEMPORARILY not closing to make way for Potter? I remember when they were building the original Wizarding World, Unicorn and Dueling Dragons didn't close till much much later to be rethemed. Maybe they're looking to get rid of Shrek but want to have another family attraction ready (Minion Mayhem) before tearing down Shrek along side Curious George? I might completely off though and it is indeed completely staying. It just....looks extremely awkward.

I'm just thinking visually how Shrek will work next to Hippogriff....maybe lots of trees as a barrier if that is indeed where Hippogriff is going?

Here are two possible scenarios.

Plan A

aerial-wwohp-hollywood2-1.jpg

Plan B

aerial-wwohp-hollywood3-1.jpg

Red = Hogsmeade

Yellow = Forbidden Journey building

Yellow arrow = Hogwarts entrance

Green = Path to Hogwarts

Reactions: alexvstorace
After looking at all of these possibilites, Shrek seems to be more and more in the way. Would they have time to get rid of that within a year? The contract with Nestle ends in 2015, and the targeted opening of the Wizarding World is 2016. Seems like it'd be kinda rushed, in my opinion.

After looking at all of these possibilites, Shrek seems to be more and more in the way. Would they have time to get rid of that within a year? The contract with Nestle ends in 2015, and the targeted opening of the Wizarding World is 2016. Seems like it'd be kinda rushed, in my opinion.
Shrek isn't going away any time soon from what I've heard. I think they want to increase the attraction count for once come time for Potter.

Here is a possibility, if Jim Hill is right about the Great Hall Dinning experience with the City Walk entrance.

JimHill-1.png

Red = Hogsmeade

Yellow = Hogwarts

Yellow Arrow = theme park entrance to Hogwarts

Orange Arrow = City Walk entrance to Hogwarts