Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Adventures of Curious George Playground

Here's what makes me think that Curious George won't be Flight of the Hippogriff: 

Vekoma Roller Skaters do not take long to build, and Hippogriff certainly won't be that lavishly themed. In fact, I could guess that it will be built in about seven to eight months, max. So why would they tear out Curious George this early, knowing that they'll be without a huge playground for kids for quite some time. It could've easily waited til December.

And don't think it'll open up before the rest of Potter... JK Rowling will make sure of that.

Then again, theme parks have a weird, extravagant way of doing things just to get the public knowing that they're working on it. Disney kept Corn Dog Castle in DCA closed for nearly a year, but didn't touch it until a month prior to opening when they simply gave it a small paint job.

You make a good point there, Brover.

I think in order to predict where the contents of the Wizarding World will be placed, we'd need to know where the entrances are. Though USH isn't known for logical placement, I'd imagine the Wizarding World would be something slightly out of the ordinary compared to what we have now.

I would think they'd want to keep the same dramatic sightlines from Florida where you can see Hogwarts towering over Hogsmeade right when you enter. I wonder how that'll work. But William, you're right, until we know where the entrance is, it'll be hard to visualize how the land will be laid out

I think in order to predict where the contents of the Wizarding World will be placed, we'd need to know where the entrances are. Though USH isn't known for logical placement, I'd imagine the Wizarding World would be something slightly out of the ordinary compared to what we have now.
I would think that there would be two entrances into Wizarding World to help with guest flow through the land. The most likey spots would be...

...here...

GibsonEntry.png

...and here.

Dodgers.png

The tricky part is figuring out which features go next to which entrance.

map2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a semi-infamous Disney/theme park blogger: http://jimhillmedia.com/

His star is significantly dimmer than it was years ago... he used to basically be Al Lutz with more of a taste on Disney history. However, he got caught writing quite a few articles of pure fiction and stating it as fact which hurt his reputation.

You know....looking at T-5, maybe that's supposed to be the Great Hall dining experience....?

And yeah, I'm completely dismissing Jim Hill. He claimed that our Hogwarts is going to be even more massive than in Florida, almost life size. That makes me giggle ;)

It is possible that what Jim Hill said about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter could end up not being reality. But, I thought it would be fun to show what the Wizarding World might look like  IF  Jim Hill happens to be right about there being a Great Hall dinning experience with both a theme park and City Walk entrance. I am not saying he is correct. But it is an interesting idea, that could explain the T-5 stucture of the evelution plan.

t5.jpg

Now that "full size castle" part. I think that is an exaggeration. Bigger? maybey. Full sized? No.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible that what Jim Hill said about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter could end up not being reality. But, I thought it would be fun to show what the Wizarding World might look like IF Jim Hill happens to be right about there being a Great Hall dinning experience with both a theme park and City Walk entrance. I am not saying he is correct. But it is an interesting idea, that could explain the T-5 stucture of the evelution plan.

t5.jpg

Now that "full size castle" part. I think that is an exaggeration. Bigger? maybey. Full sized? No.
Oh yeah, I know, and I think it's awesome that you've made different variations on what could happen! It's really great to play around with it and think about the possibilities. I would enjoy a great hall dining option, so I hope he is right.

In Florida the Hogwarts castle facade only takes up a corner of the big ride building.

FloridaHogwarts.png

I wonder if they will do the same thing here, or if they will make the whole buiding look like a gaint castle.

Under the Great Hall senerio. I could imagine that the Hogwart facade could be the purple area.  The Norther part of the building could be decorated to blend in with Hogsmeade.

Potterfacade.png

Hogsmeade is known for its small little cottages and shops, and I don't see how they could place enough of them to hide an enormous show building. Also, I don't see how much more of the show building they could theme to Hogwarts - Florida's façade shows a majority of the castle already.

For all you Curious George fans out there. Do not worry. He won't be leaving the park entirely. Curious George will replace King Kong on the Studio Tour! Many kids found King Kong to be too scary. So Universal decided replace him with a cute and friendly primate.

Just kidding.