The American Idol Experence is closing? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The American Idol Experence is closing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Damn that's a big building!!! Almost as big as TGMR. I honestly expect another show knowing the Disney today. Unless it's a frozen ride then why not recycle the stage?

Hearing times may have been moved up. If if was your goal in life to sing in DHS (by yourself at least), you have 3 weeks.

Hearing times may have been moved up. If if was your goal in life to sing in DHS (by yourself at least), you have 3 weeks.

Do you know if there will be some giant final day thing for it? If legend of the Lion king got that much attention for closing I'm almost positive a interactive show would do even more

Great were replacing crap with crap... Shocker... Thanks for the info though!

AIE will be replaced by something more popular and relevant (In American Standards). It would be none other than a Simulator ride themed after Keeping up with The Kardashians. In 3D of course ;)

An expanded more professional "Frozen" show? Just guessing since the other Frozen show is supposed to end in three or four weeks.

I have no idea why they don't just spend a few months making a Frozen show similar to BATB and TLM instead of this sing along crap.

Do you know if there will be some giant final day thing for it? If legend of the Lion king got that much attention for closing I'm almost positive a interactive show would do even more

No clue, tho a decent crowd of former Equity performers and lifestylers is probably assured. That said, not sure TDO wants to embarrass whoever owns AI by making a big deal of the closing, effectively highlighting that the TV show is just about done; may want to work together in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea why they don't just spend a few months making a Frozen show similar to BATB and TLM instead of this sing along crap.

I haven't seen the sing-along yet, but my guess is time and money. But let's be honest, if this thing wasn't packing the house at Premiere, it wouldn't be extended and moved into a bigger venue.

That's definitely true that it could be embarrassing. But this show would be awesome closing night, I could only imagine the announcement of the winner of the final show. To quote Frankenstein in the final beetlejuice show "Here come the tears"