The Condition of City Walk | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of City Walk

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up on Screamscape's update to the WWE rumor--having seen the crowds Fridays Front Row used to get, a monthly Pay-Per-View party at a WWE restaurant would probably pull in more in one night than NBA City pulled in for a month.

Following up on Screamscape's update to the WWE rumor--having seen the crowds Fridays Front Row used to get, a monthly Pay-Per-View party at a WWE restaurant would probably pull in more in one night than NBA City pulled in for a month.

Yes and no. WWE used to have these at the old restaurant in Times Square. They were a bit expensive but included an all you can eat buffet and a superstar or 2 who wasn't wrestling was there for autographs. I enjoyed it when I went once, however. It would definitely have to be done right.

Yes and no. WWE used to have these at the old restaurant in Times Square. They were a bit expensive but included an all you can eat buffet and a superstar or 2 who wasn't wrestling was there for autographs. I enjoyed it when I went once, however. It would definitely have to be done right.

But is the competition for restaurants in Time Square comparable to that of City Walk? I don't argue that they'd have to bring their A+ game, I just think a place like UOR is much more suited for that type of experience.

But is the competition for restaurants in Time Square comparable to that of City Walk? I don't argue that they'd have to bring their A+ game, I just think a place like UOR is much more suited for that type of experience.

Well back then, there really wasn't that many "big" restaurants in Times Square and the WWE (WWF) was huge. If there was one there now, it wouldn't work, but back when it opened, it was sorta the only themed restaurant experiences in that area.

Well back then, there really wasn't that many "big" restaurants in Times Square and the WWE (WWF) was huge. If there was one there now, it wouldn't work, but back when it opened, it was sorta the only themed restaurant experiences in that area.

But my point was, the tourists in New York and Orlando are two different animals. If the concept would work anywhere, it would be Orlando. Especially today with the WWE slanted to kids who control the wallets of families.

Yup. The only themed restaurant there at the time from what I remember was the All Star Cafe. And that was a massive flop.

But my point was, the tourists in New York and Orlando are two different animals. If the concept would work anywhere, it would be Orlando. Especially today with the WWE slanted to kids who control the wallets of families.

Being around NYC tourists my whole life and being an Orlando tourist, I will agree that they are different. I don't think anyone, in NYC or FL will take a trip just for a WWE eating experience. The NYC restaurant, it was more of a "Oh, lets check this out because it's the only place to eat" thing, and that was during WWE's prime. I think if one would open in CityWalk, it will have appeal to people who are fans of WWE but fans who just happen to be in the area.

While nothing would shock me considering WWE's relationship with Comcast, the WWE restaurant lost $20 Million and all the people I know within WWE say they've heard nothing about this. They could be trying to keep it a surprise, but judging past history on WWE ventures outside of actual wresting events Universal would be insane to put this on their property.

I know it's still popular with kids, but I gave up on wrestling many moons ago. The fastest growing sport in the world is MMA, and that's where the money's at. The UFC crushes WWE in PPV sales. And quite frankly, a UFC-themed bar/restaurant would be a lot more marketable to the CityWalk crowd, a.k.a. adults. Also, unlike WWE which only sells WWE-branded merchandise, a UFC store could sell other MMA affiliated brands like Tapout, Affliction, etc., on top of all the UFC merchandise. Maybe I'm just biased because I enjoy MMA better than wrestling. Regardless, NBA City needs to go.

I know it's still popular with kids, but I gave up on wrestling many moons ago. The fastest growing sport in the world is MMA, and that's where the money's at. The UFC crushes WWE in PPV sales. And quite frankly, a UFC-themed bar/restaurant would be a lot more marketable to the CityWalk crowd, a.k.a. adults. Also, unlike WWE which only sells WWE-branded merchandise, a UFC store could sell other MMA affiliated brands like Tapout, Affliction, etc., on top of all the UFC merchandise. Maybe I'm just biased because I enjoy MMA better than wrestling. Regardless, NBA City needs to go.

But is UFC a little too adult/edgy for the Citywalk Crowd?

You know what would be better than a WWE HOF and restaurant.

A Universal Studios Museum and restaurant! Take a NBCUniversal Experience like attraction, add a restaurant to it, and put in place of NBA!

Your thoughts?.....

My 2 cents:

I never ate at NBA City, so I cannot speak to that. But I have been to the lobby arcade numerous times. My brother is a huge basketball fan, and he always wants to go shoot hoops there.

I don't care for WWE.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.