Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

just leave the stage as it is and just put a harry potter themed magic show :lol:
have people in robes do magic tricks and maybe bring a choir to sing the theme of the movies and call it a day lol
I actually thought the wand battle and demonstrations they do for the Celebration of Harry Potter could be done seasonally there as well if they wanted to.

Or strip the stage and move the Frog Choir and Tri-Wizard Rally here so the performers don't have to die in the heat/no more bottleneck at the castle.

Lots of ways to utilize the stage without much effort... until they bulldoze the whole land for something 5 or so years from now.

And I do think moving the Mystic Fountain to Port of Entry, maybe at the end of the street in front of the lagoon, would be wise, if they do bulldoze the land.

I thought this show sucked, but I feel bad that I haven't seen it since 2007... I wish I could give it one more chance... but obviously it wasn't a priority for me lol.

Are there absolutely NO plans for this area???? Nothing? Anything any insiders have heard?

I didn't realize this world class theme park run by one of the biggest corporations in the world was run on such a tight budget... Maybe they can start serving sloppy joes in the cafeteria so they can open a new churro stand.

As I said above there's a certain amount of fatalism that is mind blowing when it comes to UOR. Might I point out your "it's not so bad" review of F&F?
You mean my review that said if he Simpsons and Shrek were gone, that F&F wouldn’t be as egregious and would actually have a place in the park.
Please note though, that Shrek nor Simpsons are gone- hence F&F is a bad fit in the park currently.

I’m one of the only ones here who keeps UOR in perspective of what they actually are and give them slack because of it. I don’t pretend they’re on the same level as Disney. I enjoy Universal more, as the more thrilling rides appeal to me. But from a quality standpoint it’s not a contest.
Meaning I don’t believe UOR does things nearly as thoroughly and completely as Disney does. But I believe it isn’t due to effort or talent, but ROI. Until Site B comes to fruition and they get thousands of more rooms, they simply can’t compete- and it makes no sense try to go toe to toe financially.
I’ve said it multiple times- UOR is 1/4 the attendance of WDW. And less than just MK alone. And merchandise and food/bev sales are equally disproportionate. And 1/8th the on-site hotels. So ya... budgets aren’t going to be the same. And quality won’t be as high.
I give UOR slack because of that. Where I won’t give them slack is not maximizing their space and closing things down to sit there empty for years and all while having record attendance? Sorry, no- that’s not acceptable.
Fear Factor is unacceptable. Toon Lagoon Theater is unacceptable. Sinbads wasn’t unacceptable- but an empty theater sitting there for years with no short term use absolutely is. It’s lazy. It’s cheap. And it’s second rate.

I actually thought the wand battle and demonstrations they do for the Celebration of Harry Potter could be done seasonally there as well if they wanted to.

Or strip the stage and move the Frog Choir and Tri-Wizard Rally here so the performers don't have to die in the heat/no more bottleneck at the castle.

Lots of ways to utilize the stage without much effort... until they bulldoze the whole land for something 5 or so years from now.

And I do think moving the Mystic Fountain to Port of Entry, maybe at the end of the street in front of the lagoon, would be wise, if they do bulldoze the land.

yeah that sounds like it could work
the stage can remain the same if they just get rid of the Boat parts, the cave stuff works for Potter too if they just painted it light brown.
if you combine all the Potter mini shows, add some Death Eaters here and there to interact with the audience, you could have a decent show.

I would wanna watch something like that

I didn't realize this world class theme park run by one of the biggest corporations in the world was run on such a tight budget... Maybe they can start serving sloppy joes in the cafeteria so they can open a new churro stand.
Probably a case of spineless execs afraid to ask Comcast for a budget increase to offset their (UO Exec) poor predictions for 2018. Yo, UO management, Comcast is running things now, not Vivenndi, GE/Blackstone, Seagrams or other tightfisted owners. Wake up and ask for the extra budget if it's needed to keep your park's momentum going. Or maybe, come up with a realistic budget in the first place.

You mean my review that said if he Simpsons and Shrek were gone, that F&F wouldn’t be as egregious and would actually have a place in the park.
Please note though, that Shrek nor Simpsons are gone- hence F&F is a bad fit in the park currently.

I’m one of the only ones here who keeps UOR in perspective of what they actually are and give them slack because of it. I don’t pretend they’re on the same level as Disney. I enjoy Universal more, as the more thrilling rides appeal to me. But from a quality standpoint it’s not a contest.
Meaning I don’t believe UOR does things nearly as thoroughly and completely as Disney does. But I believe it isn’t due to effort or talent, but ROI. Until Site B comes to fruition and they get thousands of more rooms, they simply can’t compete- and it makes no sense try to go toe to toe financially.
I’ve said it multiple times- UOR is 1/4 the attendance of WDW. And less than just MK alone. And merchandise and food/bev sales are equally disproportionate. And 1/8th the on-site hotels. So ya... budgets aren’t going to be the same. And quality won’t be as high.
I give UOR slack because of that. Where I won’t give them slack is not maximizing their space and closing things down to sit there empty for years and all while having record attendance? Sorry, no- that’s not acceptable.
Fear Factor is unacceptable. Toon Lagoon Theater is unacceptable. Sinbads wasn’t unacceptable- but an empty theater sitting there for years with no short term use absolutely is. It’s lazy. It’s cheap. And it’s second rate.

Epcot has a lot of these issues also. WoL seas imagination, etc.

Not a popular opinion but I liked the show. The first time I saw it I was impressed with the stuntman on fire who dived into the water. At least it's not the boring wait fest Indy is. Also take time to enjoy the plants in front of the theater. They are truly stunning. But Universal is constantly changing and I welcome the change (just like my new picture from Valarie Moore, my new comic).

I thought this show sucked, but I feel bad that I haven't seen it since 2007... I wish I could give it one more chance... but obviously it wasn't a priority for me lol.

Are there absolutely NO plans for this area???? Nothing? Anything any insiders have heard?

There are plans. Just not plans that’ll start now.

There's a certain amount of fatalism when it comes to UOR. If everything, and I mean everything, isn't perfect then it's doomed. Nay, not just doomed but going to retroactively destroy our memories of it too. And run over our dog.

Tbh, Universal has a small part in letting this fatalist attitude come to hand. Whereas Disney has announced a billion projects, Uni refuses to dole out details til the last second. So I can understand somewhat where the anxiety is coming from.

On the other hand, you would think fans would be able to excercise a little patience by now.

Last edited:
Perhaps @Brian G. or @Joe can prove otherwise..but perhaps this is just as a situation to where, they are just under-estimating that the budget's of CineCele and Nighttime Lights are perhaps clashing with the budget for Sindbad, and that they want to just lessen the amount of money being spent right now? It could also hypothetically be that they are allowing the actors and actresses involved with Sindbad be involved with other shows and attractions, whilst being on the list of being looked at for Jason Bourne?

Just a thought, but that I'd think would be more likely than cuts being made because of Volcano Bay.

Perhaps @Brian G. or @Joe can prove otherwise..but perhaps this is just as a situation to where, they are just under-estimating that the budget's of CineCele and Nighttime Lights are perhaps clashing with the budget for Sindbad, and that they want to just lessen the amount of money being spent right now? It could also hypothetically be that they are allowing the actors and actresses involved with Sindbad be involved with other shows and attractions, whilst being on the list of being looked at for Jason Bourne?

No, although I'm unsure about the last question about moving to somewhere new.

There's a certain amount of fatalism when it comes to UOR. If everything, and I mean everything, isn't perfect then it's doomed. Nay, not just doomed but going to retroactively destroy our memories of it too. And run over our dog.

T2 won't be closed for two years, stop with the hyperbole.

As I said above there's a certain amount of fatalism that is mind blowing when it comes to UOR. Might I point out your "it's not so bad" review of F&F?

I'm wondering this too, or to put it this way, what if they have a fixed entertainment budget and they want to funnel the money towards something to run year round instead of just seasonally. Maybe something really popular that opened this summer that involves expensive fireworks.

I see certain posters are literally about to pull out their hair just because IOA is getting so much attention as far as new attractions. F&F isn't very popular among the "masses" and Fallon seems to be a decent replacement that gets attacked as well. USF I'm pretty sure will get the much needed additions as time goes on we just have to be a little patient.