The Forbidden Forest? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Forbidden Forest?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I've heard, Tolkien's descendants didn't like the original trilogy, didn't want the Hobbit movies to happen, and are the reason why Peter Jackson can't adapt material from The Silmarillion.

They'd probably feel having their franchise having a much smaller land than a children's fantasy series pretty insulting as well, especially since LOTR is basically the biggest piece of influence on modern fantasy today.

Last edited:
As I said I mean the book and movie series is over for what we know. But I mean how popular will potter be in a couple of years.
About as popular as the Star Wars trilogy..Potter is ingrained into pop culture..the "Pootter will be outdated in liek three yrz!!!!11" debate is irrelevant

From what I've heard, Tolkien's descendants didn't like the original trilogy, didn't want the Hobbit movies to happen, and are the reason why Peter Jackson can't adapt material from The Silmarillion.

Well aren't they just a bunch of fun.:blank:

Reactions: Smitty

You'd think having one of the films garner the most Academy Award wins of all time (tied with Ben-Hur and Titanic) be enough for some people, but noooo.

I like LOTR but I think Potters way too similar for them to both exist (yes I know LOTR came first lol)

But I'd love for them to add to LC it was my fav. island before HP came and the theming of PF alone is reason to keep it around. It deff. needs a new ride. though. I just don't see this being first priority. JP also needs some love as well as Seuss.

- - - Updated - - -

exist in the same theme park** that is lol

I still think that Universal should theme a land to their movie monsters. Maybe they feel that it would have limited appeal(?). At minimum it would be cool to see a monster dark ride and restaurant.

I still think that Universal should theme a land to their movie monsters. Maybe they feel that it would have limited appeal(?). At minimum it would be cool to see a monster dark ride and restaurant.

Well we already have Monsters Cafe but that might be on its way out sooner than later, as much as I love it.

Would be kinda cool to see Monsters Cafe moved over to Cafe La Bamba :cheers: The exterior just says "Classic 1920s horror film mansion"

- - - Updated - - -

And with the makeup show being across the street the theming would make sense IMO :thumbs:

As far as the forbidden forest goes, I'm not seeing any likelihood of it appearing in the near future for the simple fact that it lacks any real significant appeal or signature attraction. You could argue that it exists all around the entrance to the Dragon Challenge, and near/behind Hagrid's Hut.

Would be kinda cool to see Monsters Cafe moved over to Cafe La Bamba :cheers: The exterior just says "Classic 1920s horror film mansion"

- - - Updated - - -

And with the makeup show being across the street the theming would make sense IMO :thumbs:

While I'm not too crazy about the name, I am absolutely in love with that idea. Multiple rooms for various monsters, including a basement-laboratory.

Maybe a flying Ford Anglia ride with Ron? I always though that would be a fun ride...

This idea popped up in the blue sky phase of Potter 1, and it sounded like a great concept as a way for guests to be inserted into the magical world and have the ability to explore with Ron and Harry (imagine a smaller version of star tours, with Ron and Harry in the pilot seats and flying through London and Scotland instead of the Death Star trench run). But what they did with the castle was a far better way of implementing their new ride tech, and immersing guests in the genuine Hogwarts experience.

What could be amazing, however, is if at some point Universal decides to open Hogwarts themed hotel rooms (or even themed like rooms from the Leaky Cauldron, where Harry stays for the summer in PoA), and purchase a fleet of Ford Anglia's that could be used similar to the bus transportation for taking guests from their Harry Potter rooms to the parks. It would be a laugh to be driving into the parking lot and see a couple of these cruising around, and give a legitimate reason to expand the themeing outside the parks.

What could be amazing, however, is if at some point Universal decides to open Hogwarts themed hotel rooms (or even themed like rooms from the Leaky Cauldron, where Harry stays for the summer in PoA), and purchase a fleet of Ford Anglia's that could be used similar to the bus transportation for taking guests from their Harry Potter rooms to the parks. It would be a laugh to be driving into the parking lot and see a couple of these cruising around, and give a legitimate reason to expand the themeing outside the parks.

GENIUS! They could call it The Harry Potter hotel(Since the Leaky Cauldron will be in the parks) having themed rooms would make profits soar. Not Ford Anglias though, I'm thinking Night buses...

A rumor circulating around Potter heading to Hollywood is that Uni may create some sort of on-site, Potter themed hotel.

Does Hollywood have a hotel? I wish they could get another park so it has some cohesive theme. but their's no room right?

Every time I go to USH it makes me want to go to USF, it's depressing lol.

I doubt you'll see another park in Hollywood though. The studio would complain about noise control. I wish they'd leave the studio and move the park elsewhere, preferably on flat land. Those escalators are a real pain in the a** lol.

That sounds really expensive...

And the only reason I Would go to USH is for the studio tour. If that is missing I'll go to Orlando. Why take an 6 hour flight when I can take a 2 hour?