Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of E.T. Adventure

I think the new preshow video is from 2002. It could do with a refresh.

Yeah, that was the time the 20th anniversary was so I believe you are right.

Since they've ditched the whole "ride the movies" aspect since, they need to drop Spielberg from the pre-show and just make it a straight "Save E.T. and take him home" ride.

Last edited:
Eh, it's the 35th anniversary this year. Not sure if the new 4K Bluray set is supposed to have new extras and interviews but they can probably use something from there for the queue. Unless you meant the actual preshow?

Yeah, the 30th would have been four or five years ago. I know the pre show film's different than when I started vacationing at Universal (2011) , so this one isn't very old.

Well I deleted that convo because it was a typo, but... :lol:

It was done in 2002 for the 20th. Not 30th. Making the pre-show 15 years old.

I like how they used the old preshow's ET footage and just spliced in new Spielberg for the current preshow. Grainy film ET and pre HD widescreen Spielberg is a weird combo.

Well I deleted that convo because it was a typo, but... :lol:

It was done in 2002 for the 20th. Not 30th. Making the pre-show 15 years old.

You're not the only one. If I remember correctly, Universal changed all the posters for the 30th changing only the 20 to a 30 and left all the dates as 2002.

This is just adding more fuel to the Spielberg rumor about him being mad about the other versions being replaced and not letting this one be replaced, etc...