The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting blurb from Nintendo's recent shareholder meeting Q&A. Someone asked about Super Nintendo World (Q7) and stated that it felt cramped. Very corporate response follows talking about how Hollywood's just opened and Orlando's is planned, but closes by stating that they'll continue to work with Universal Destinations & Experiences on future theme park projects. Seems to suggest that more is planned and unannounced.

I do wonder how similar Hyrule would be to Super Nintendo world. Hyrule can easily be done as a hyper-immersive potter-style land, but I wonder if they’ll try to incorporate the interactive/game elements from SNW. I also wonder the degree of realism they’ll go with. (Will Link and Zelda be portrayed by actors walking around or by the cartoony mascot suits we see in SNW?)

I’d imagine that this is a push/pull between uni and Nintendo. Nintendo probably saw Potter and is pushing for their big fantasy property to be given the same treatment, while Uni is probably trying to recapture as much of what worked in SNW as possible. Ideally I’d like to see the middle ground. This would be a realistic feel/tone with interactive elements woven in without feeling cheesy.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Power up Bands
I don't think that's it either, Butterbeer is cheap (in terms of theme park specialty beverages, at least) and something that people will get whether it's their first or 100th time in the land. Most people will probably buy a Power Up Band once, if ever. The only way they'll regularly sell more bands is if they keep making special ones like USJ did for their first anniversary, then people will throw money hand over fist for them (I did, and I've yet to even set foot in either park)

I don't think that's it either, Butterbeer is cheap (in terms of theme park specialty beverages, at least) and something that people will get whether it's their first or 100th time in the land. Most people will probably buy a Power Up Band once, if ever. The only way they'll regularly sell more bands is if they keep making special ones like USJ did for their first anniversary, then people will throw money hand over fist for them (I did, and I've yet to even set foot in either park)
Perhaps a Moblin bacon cart would be suitable

90% of people will only go to these lands once. As long as they’re selling those bands, they have their special thing people need to enjoy the land

90% of people will only go to these lands once. As long as they’re selling those bands, they have their special thing people need to enjoy the land
IMO the bands are the land’s equivalent of the wands or the lightsabers. They’re the high-end collectibles that everyone will put on the shelf after they leave to show everyone that “they went there and did it right!” While those are great, a land could also use a lower-priced option to make people feel like they’re still having the quintessential experience without breaking the bank. These would be like butterbeer or even blue milk. (love it or hate it!) That’s one thing that SNW is lacking, there’s not really a quintessential product that’s instagrammable without breaking the bank.

Reactions: DreamfinderGuy
Oh, I disagree. All the games, all the interactivity... all provide those social media moments to share; and what's the one thing you'll find on a lot of those wrists...
True, I guess in the end SNW is really trying to achieve something that’s overall different than Potter and galaxy’s edge. Maybe you’re right, the instagrammable moment in this case is simply just being there!

Reactions: Nico
IMO the bands are the land’s equivalent of the wands or the lightsabers. They’re the high-end collectibles that everyone will put on the shelf after they leave to show everyone that “they went there and did it right!” While those are great, a land could also use a lower-priced option to make people feel like they’re still having the quintessential experience without breaking the bank. These would be like butterbeer or even blue milk. (love it or hate it!) That’s one thing that SNW is lacking, there’s not really a quintessential product that’s instagrammable without breaking the bank.
Its the mushroom bowls that kept getting stolen so now Universal charges people for them...

Yes...but they're not this land's Butterbeer. Butterbeer is the must have thing if WWoHP has one, that many will likely buy multiple times in a single trip. You buy a band once, or possibly not even at all, whether you're on your family trip or a local. Plus, I have to imagine Butterbeer has higher profit margins per unit sold.

Yes...but they're not this land's Butterbeer. Butterbeer is the must have thing if WWoHP has one, that many will likely buy multiple times in a single trip. You buy a band once, or possibly not even at all, whether you're on your family trip or a local. Plus, I have to imagine Butterbeer has higher profit margins per unit sold.
Why does it need its own “Butterbeer”? It’s been extremely successful without an “E-ticket drink”.