The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no clue, I’d fully bet Nintendo wants a full land re-do from the ground up. Don’t think they’ve overlay anything unless it’s a singular ride, not in a land. Like Pokémon possibly taking over Spider-Man at USJ.

I suspect they want a freshly built land as much as possible.

Reactions: tankart150
As much as I would like to see things like the Poseidon's Fury facade and Mythos repurposed, the better course of action is to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch, allowing the designers to not have to be constrained.
Knowing both Universal and Nintendo’s current situations of meteoric success, this is what I expect will happen. Universal is no longer the little kid that designed the original Hogsmeade around an existing land and Nintendo is at a position I think we haven’t seen since the NES/SNES days. As great as the current SNW might be (I haven’t been there for myself yet) I think Zelda will go further. Remember the current land was designed based on where Nintendo was with the Wii U as it’s basically a recreation of Super Mario 3D World. Although it’s still the newest Mario Kart, it’s also worth pointing out the main ride lifts tracks directly from Mario Kart 8.

Knowing both Universal and Nintendo’s current situations of meteoric success, this is what I expect will happen. Universal is no longer the little kid that designed the original Hogsmeade around an existing land and Nintendo is at a position I think we haven’t seen since the NES/SNES days. As great as the current SNW might be (I haven’t been there for myself yet) I think Zelda will go further. Remember the current land was designed based on where Nintendo was with the Wii U as it’s basically a recreation of Super Mario 3D World. Although it’s still the newest Mario Kart, it’s also worth pointing out the main ride lifts tracks directly from Mario Kart 8.
Also, SNW had to fit into Kidzone and USJ. LC is bigger I believe, and not sure if there’s any Zelda rumors for Japan that require parameters for this.

Also has been shown, with USH in Hollywood, they’re open to different configurations of similiar ideas. I’d guess, Zelda’s biggest plot of available land is at IOA. Which is intriguing!

Also, SNW had to fit into Kidzone and USJ. LC is bigger I believe, and not sure if there’s any Zelda rumors for Japan that require parameters for this.

Also has been shown, with USH in Hollywood, they’re open to different configurations of similiar ideas. I’d guess, Zelda’s biggest plot of available land is at IOA. Which is intriguing!
Just due to space reasons alone I think Zelda will be unique to UOR for quite a while. As an example, it’s been almost 10 years and still no one else has Diagon Alley.

There’s so many side quests in Zelda that are larger than a Mario mini game, I suspect a larger area dedicated to something interactive will be the 2nd attraction here.

IIRC from that angle, that's B114. Not a warehouse/maintenance, but fairly important operational offices.

They could relocate that if they wanted to build something large back there. The current PF show building plot can't accommodate a building similar to Spiderman or FJ.

There is also the former Sindbad show building that could be taken out. Combine PF and Sindbad into one plot and that appears to be a substantial amount of room. Although, maybe it isn't as large as it appears. Someone with strong Google map skills could work it out.