The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey, Link's Crossbow Training is right there!

25713_1200x1200.jpg

Make a higher tech version of the Frontierland Shooting Gallery with different enemies and vases and stuff. Is it a true Zelda land if you can't live out your fantasy of going inside a building in Kakariko Village and destroying some random pottery? :lmao:

media-1.gif

Hey, Link's Crossbow Training is right there!

25713_1200x1200.jpg

Make a higher tech version of the Frontierland Shooting Gallery with different enemies and vases and stuff. Is it a true Zelda land if you can't live out your fantasy of going inside a building in Kakariko Village and destroying some random pottery? :lmao:

media-1.gif
To be trendy they should build Link’s rage room. They hand you the master sword and you go in a room and go nuts on assorted vases and pottery

• Haha
Reactions: TylerG and Mike S
I think very few people here are arguing that Zelda doesn't have enough broad or foundational popularity to warrant a theme park land, so I'm not really sure what we're talking about.

The whole "only gamers know about this" discussion really comes into play as we start to discuss the second- and third-tier Nintendo IPs like Metroid, Star Fox, and Splatoon - the sort of stuff that tends to sell fairly well but most people on the street don't know about. I think most people could identify or at least recognize the Mario characters, the Zelda iconography, Kirby, and Animal Crossing stuff.
I can attest to this as I’m not a gamer in any way. Definitely know Mario, Yoshi, Luigi. But I did play games on the original Nintendo console when I was really young. I dont know Zelda at all. I’ve seen the pictures of the elf (I think it’s an elf), but until now when I just looked it up I thought the elf was called Zelda. Just learned Zelda is the princess and the guy in the green outfit is Link. Is that correct?
Never heard of Metroid, star fox, and splatoon besides what I’ve read here on the forum. I do know Kirby from super smash bros when I played it a few times in college. Of course, I know Pokemon as people traded the cards around me growing up.

I’ve always been into Universal for the movies as that is my thing. Went to film school when I was younger.

Even though I don’t know anything about Zelda, I’m excited to see what the land brings. It will be the first time Universal will be building something that I don’t know. I’ve read many times on her about people not really knowing Harry Potter and still enjoying the land. I’m hoping that will be Zelda for me.

I can attest to this as I’m not a gamer in any way. Definitely know Mario, Yoshi, Luigi. But I did play games on the original Nintendo console when I was really young. I dont know Zelda at all. I’ve seen the pictures of the elf (I think it’s an elf), but until now when I just looked it up I thought the elf was called Zelda. Just learned Zelda is the princess and the guy in the green outfit is Link. Is that correct?
Never heard of Metroid, star fox, and splatoon besides what I’ve read here on the forum. I do know Kirby from super smash bros when I played it a few times in college. Of course, I know Pokemon as people traded the cards around me growing up.

I’ve always been into Universal for the movies as that is my thing. Went to film school when I was younger.

Even though I don’t know anything about Zelda, I’m excited to see what the land brings. It will be the first time Universal will be building something that I don’t know. I’ve read many times on her about people not really knowing Harry Potter and still enjoying the land. I’m hoping that will be Zelda for me.
I think that’s where Uni’s quality comes into play. I was in a similar boat where I knew nothing about potter but was absolutely blown away with Hogsmeade. I’m a mega Star Wars fan though, and when I saw galaxy’s edge for the first time, I thought it only equaled potter instead of surpassing it. This was probably just from my own nostalgia and if I knew nothing about Star Wars I would’ve ranked it below potter. That’s just a testament to the raw quality of something when a non-fan with no emotional connection can rank something on par or even a little above something they grew up with

I think that’s where Uni’s quality comes into play. I was in a similar boat where I knew nothing about potter but was absolutely blown away with Hogsmeade. I’m a mega Star Wars fan though, and when I saw galaxy’s edge for the first time, I thought it only equaled potter instead of surpassing it. This was probably just from my own nostalgia and if I knew nothing about Star Wars I would’ve ranked it below potter. That’s just a testament to the raw quality of something when a non-fan with no emotional connection can rank something on par or even a little above something they grew up with
100% agree with you on Galaxy’s edge. Love Star Wars and am a huge fan but although the land is nice; I couldn’t connect with it like I did Harry Potter! Even as a huge fan of Harry Potter, I never expected to be blown away by the land. Didn’t think at the time that Universal would be able to capture the magic of the books and movies but they did!
Hope Universal is able to do the same with the new land for you Zelda fans!!

Same here. Knew nothing about Potter. But embraced and absolutely loved it at Universal, and ultimately learned more after the trips. Universal hit a grand slam with Potter. Conversely, I knew a lot about Star Wars, but though I liked Batuu, I didn't love Batuu. Potter blew me away, Batuu did not. And, unbelievably, Diagon one upped Hogsmeade. We spent apx. 30 to 40 hours in Diagon on our first vacation after it opened. Nothing in theme parks can approach it.

I knew a fair amount of Potter and was a big fan of Star Wars Original Trilogy and watched the others (still think Rogue One is probably the best Star Wars movie but I digress). Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade both resonated and really immersed me into the wizarding world. The kind of immersion that Islands does so well where I walk around so impressed that I can't stop smiling. Galaxy's Edge did not do that for me. Not sure if it is too wide open or because none of the movies have any one location that resonates like the Harry Potter movies/books (basically two primary locations until the Ministry was added later on). Aside from the Millennium Falcon, nothing screams Star Wars.

Thus, I have faith that Islands will incorporate Zelda in a way that, even for someone like myself who knows nothing about Zelda, anyone will be able to step into the land, get up to speed quickly, and then enjoy everything immensely.

Haven't had time to read all the posts, but for me I think the best theming for a zelda land would be the market/temple of time/hyrule castle area in ocarina of time. They are all in the same area in the game and it feels like it just makes sense for a zelda area.

Not sure if nintendo and uni will want something more modern that the kids will recoginize better though.

Reactions: biggerboat16
Haven't had time to read all the posts, but for me I think the best theming for a zelda land would be the market/temple of time/hyrule castle area in ocarina of time. They are all in the same area in the game and it feels like it just makes sense for a zelda area.

Not sure if nintendo and uni will want something more modern that the kids will recoginize better though.

If the Zelda area is going to take place on the LC, it would be based on the newer ones like Breath of the Wild, just like the recent MK ride at SNW is based upon Mario Kart 8.

If the Zelda area is going to take place on the LC, it would be based on the newer ones like Breath of the Wild, just like the recent MK ride at SNW is based upon Mario Kart 8.

I mean the ride could still be based on newer games, the super nintendo land is very general mario.

For me the newer games don't really have the iconic locations, mainly because of the size of the map.

For me the newer games don't really have the iconic locations, mainly because of the size of the map.
Presumably, it would be based on the populated areas such as the towns and castles, which are very distinct and memorable in my opinion. Both games had an overworld, and to be fair there's almost nothing to do within Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time other than riding your horse.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Presumably, it would be based on the populated areas such as the towns and castles, which are very distinct and memorable in my opinion. Both games had an overworld, and to be fair there's almost nothing to do within Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time other than riding your horse.

I just think this area with the market and temple of time and then the castle on the hill would work great as one all encompassing zelda land. I get they both had large open areas, but really this is the main and only real city in OOT. Where as in the newest stuff there are a lot of cities that all have their own purpose, but I couldn't really pick a stand out that would work as a land.

Hyrule_Castle_Town_Market.png

But maybe they would just go Kakariko Village, as it's in most of the games

Just throwing it out there, but if you divide LC into two sections and toss out geographic consistency, the section with Sinbad could be themed as The Lost Forest and the Deku tree and blend in better with Hagrid's, then Poseidon's Fury could be Temple of Time/Hyrule castle themed.
I looked up the leaked area map for the nintendo world at USF back from 2020 before they decided to do epic universe and it had the lost forest and the deku tree, so you might be on to something.

I actually think a lot will come down to the new zelda movie and the direction they take. Seems like there is a good chance the new land and movie could come out around the same time.

Reactions: alias8703
Given that the movie is being made by Sony, I'm unsure how likely that is. Keeping it based on the games would make it more timeless, similar to how they handled Mario.
Doesn't necessarily need to be a straight up recreation, they could just focus on the game version of whatever locations the film uses

Not that I see the film influencing the land, or visa versa, but since both will be guided by the rights holder (Nintendo,) there could of course be some overlap. I doubt either the creative folks working on the land or the film would directly collaborate though, instead both will be taking orders from Nintendo on the direction they should be moving in—so similarities are bound to occur.

I just think this area with the market and temple of time and then the castle on the hill would work great as one all encompassing zelda land. I get they both had large open areas, but really this is the main and only real city in OOT. Where as in the newest stuff there are a lot of cities that all have their own purpose, but I couldn't really pick a stand out that would work as a land.

Hyrule_Castle_Town_Market.png

But maybe they would just go Kakariko Village, as it's in most of the games
I got it.

Castle Town is the land, the Temple of Time is the entrance to the E Ticket. During the pre show we travel forward in time past the Calamity to the time of BotW/TotK.

Best of both worlds :)