The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sign me up for a HTTYD land, that has amazing potential for sure! Definitely waiting on Universal's amswer to banshees, and HTTYD has an excellent potential to be that answer.

I'm not sure how they could pull off a HTTYD ride and make it substantially different from the other rides at the resort that already simulate flying (to say nothing of Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom). A puppet/animatronics show would definitely have my interest, however.

But as its lone fan, I'd hate to see Poseidon's Fury go away, though.

HTTYD is also a perfect transition. Whimsical Seuss to an animated medieval franchise which leads to HP.
It also increases the ability to grab more families and kids.

The only thing I hope is that they keep that fountain somehow :D

Also- poseidens might be the greatest facade of any attraction at any park I've ever been to. It's certainly under appreciated (And subsequently Mythos).
That will be a big loss.

Seriously. I'm so hyped for just the IDEA of this. And Lost Continent is a perfect place to put it.

Just imagine THIS replacing the view of Lost Continent when you enter the park. Build the spire to be a similar height as Jurassic Park (or taller) and you completely change the park's land scape in a massive way.

upload_2017-9-19_8-8-1.png

Walk across the bridge from Seuss under the bow of a Viking ship and enter Berk where you can shop at Goddard's forge and eat at Stoic's Feast (WITH ROASTED LAMB). Several other shops are open to welcome you. A portion of the ride track for the E-Ticket extends out over the village, giving Berk some added kinetics.

At Hiccup's, you get to meet Hiccup and Toothless (a next level Raptor Encounter show/meet-and-greet).

upload_2017-9-19_8-12-39.png

Through a crevice in the mountains is a lush valley (where Toothless is trapped after his injury) where you get to learn how to ride a dragon.

Through the village is the Arena (an expanded Sinbad), where the residents of Berk and their dragons reenact the story of how the Vikings and the dragons, once enemies, unified (basically a live-action retelling of the first movie).

upload_2017-9-19_8-20-55.png

Harry Potter impressed me. If they did Berk to the level they did Potter, I would cry. My wife wouldn't want to go with me I would embarrass her so bad.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-19_8-6-59.png
    upload_2017-9-19_8-6-59.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 5
Has toothless appeared in any of the parks yet? It is a charming franchise. The only thing it is missing is music and singing.

USH had a statue up of him for a photo op this summer(?) I think.

If this comes to pass, I can't tell you all how happy I'll be. Outside of Nintendo, which we're getting, and Middle Earth, Berk has been my #1 dream land for years. If we get a shorter version of the arena show along with an E-ticket ride, I'll be over the moon.

Reactions: captainmoch
A kid friendly Game of Thrones land featuring adorable cartoon dragons, likable teen characters, and Turkey Legs & Ale! If I have to pass through a Viking version of a Renaissance Festival on my way to Potter, I may not make it to Potter.

Vikings>Pirates. Just sayin'.

I know that one of the reasons that Uni likes the HTTYD pitch over some of the others is they are desperate to add people eating shows since they lost Beetlejuice and are losing FFL and Animal Actors. And Sindbad's simply isn't pulling it's weight in the context of the resort. They also feel a Creature Tech puppet show could easily compete with the quality of The Festival of the Lion King and Nemo. Quality live shows is an area the Uni. has struggled with for the past decade or so and they feel this would help in that area.

And as for the E Ticket, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy from Deviant Art is on the right track.

how_to_train_your_dragon_ride_by_skylanth-d3gm0z1.jpg

You had me at roasted lamb.
Fire Eaters should become QS selling Boysenberry glazed Lamb Lollypops, Smoked Pork Shanks, Ribs, Smoked Turkey Legs, Grilled Corn (Choice of Butter and Sea Salt, Lime and Chili, or Garlic Pamesan), Grilled Artichokes with Garlic Aoli and, of course, Ale.

Actually, I'd be ok with Fire Eaters changing to this menu right now.

HTTYD is also a perfect transition. Whimsical Seuss to an animated medieval franchise which leads to HP.
It also increases the ability to grab more families and kids.

The only thing I hope is that they keep that fountain somehow :D

Also- poseidens might be the greatest facade of any attraction at any park I've ever been to. It's certainly under appreciated (And subsequently Mythos).
That will be a big loss.
The Mythos building is my favorite thing at Islands. I eat there every trip just for the view across the lagoon

Reactions: Frank Drackman

They could honestly just replace Sindbad with this and it'd be enough to make me happy.

And as for the E Ticket, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy from Deviant Art is on the right track.

Only negative here would be it could be way too similar to the new Forbidden Forest coaster, but that remains to be seen.

I'd love if they added in some flat rides for a "dragon rider training center"...especially one like this

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Fire Eaters should become QS selling Boysenberry glazed Lamb Lollypops, Smoked Pork Shanks, Ribs, Smoked Turkey Legs, Grilled Corn (Choice of Butter and Sea Salt, Lime and Chili, or Garlic Pamesan), Grilled Artichokes with Garlic Aoli and, of course, Ale.

Actually, I'd be ok with Fire Eaters changing to this menu right now.

That sounds so gooood

So... HTTYD is maybe a thing here.

Personally, I could go on about how perfect of a fit HTTYD is for a theme park all day. I feel like a lot of DreamWorks properties, like say, Madgascar, wouldn't fit in a theme park particularly well since they require at least some knowledge of the characters to get much enjoyment out of an attraction. (and in the case of Madagascar, it's pretty much been a dead IP since 2014) But in the case of HTTYD, the draw transcends IP; sure, the movies have made a decent amount of money and a 3rd is still on the way, but even if somebody has never even HEARD of the movies, it still is something that sounds exciting; it's an island full of vikings and dragons, for crying out loud.

And outside of that, the IP is FULL of potential in pretty much every department. The land itself has the potential to be beautiful and rustic, there's SO much they could do with a HTTYD ride, there could be a live show using puppetry and actors, the merchandising potential could give the Pandora banshees a run for their money, and you could even have some fun dining based off a viking pub. Basically, I really hope this HTTYD thing comes to fruition because I think it has the potential to be an amazing addition, deserving of being the first true new island at IOA since 2010.

I know zero about this IP but this is exactly what I want to hear. Sure, I'll probably watch the movie before heading into the land just to see what's what but this fills me with hope. The best lands and rides are the ones that can be self sufficient.

I know zero about this IP but this is exactly what I want to hear. Sure, I'll probably watch the movie before heading into the land just to see what's what but this fills me with hope. The best lands and rides are the ones that can be self sufficient.

I'd really recommend watching both of the movies. They're incredible, IMO

A kid friendly Game of Thrones land featuring adorable cartoon dragons, likable teen characters, and Turkey Legs & Ale! If I have to pass through a Viking version of a Renaissance Festival on my way to Potter, I may not make it to Potter.

Vikings>Pirates. Just sayin'.

I know that one of the reasons that Uni likes the HTTYD pitch over some of the others is they are desperate to add people eating shows since they lost Beetlejuice and are losing FFL and Animal Actors. And Sindbad's simply isn't pulling it's weight in the context of the resort. They also feel a Creature Tech puppet show could easily compete with the quality of The Festival of the Lion King and Nemo. Quality live shows is an area the Uni. has struggled with for the past decade or so and they feel this would help in that area.

If they go for this idea, I'm sure the people from Universal will be watching the reception to Tron very closely.

I'd really recommend watching both of the movies. They're incredible, IMO

I'm trying to watch a movie a day this year and I'm quickly running out of steam, so this should add a few easy hits to the count.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I'll say this... any other year the HTTYD films would have won Oscar for Best Animated Feature. They just happened to come out the years they were competing with Up and Wall-E. Those are probably the only two Pixar films, I think, could justifiably beat them in terms of quality and emotional storytelling.