The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems to me it'll simply be "Jurassic Park" now, since Dragons and Unicorn were inherited by Potter. I wouldn't be surprised to see the name Lost Continent disappear.

Unless..... How about a Skull Island (from King Kong) expansion? Bring back Kong!!!!
Went back to page one of this thread (2009). Rewster just about hit the nail on the head with "Kong" and Skull Island. He was just a couple of hundred yards off on the location. :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Nothing major is going to happen in the next few years. It was Greek, Arabian, and British/French mythology. Now it is just two of those. While I of many wish they would bring back the original Poseidon with it's shocking and astounding conclusion (for those that have never been before) I doubt they will. I think the original was costing them to much. They burned a whole lot of propane in the original.
And, again from 2009, as usual, Teebin was right. :):lol:

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
LC is done
These kinds of posts drive me batty. What does that even mean? Any casual fan could make the same statement and it be equally true.

Watch this- Toon Lagoon is done. Shrek is done.

How about a “in a year” or “in 6 months”. Otherwise, it’s a meaningless soundbite.

Everyone knows LCs days are numbered.

But I also want to remind everyone that this thread started in 2009. Keep all expectations in check.
Thank you Joe. I agree 110%.

IMO, a benefit of Mythos coming down would be this:

Opening up the waterfront. As of right now, Port, Seuss, and Marvel are the only two lands with direct, open waterfront access. Adding another potential show viewing space that isn't hidden gives Uni more of an opportunity to finally put a show on the Lagoon, not to mention a redesigned Zelda waterfront restaurant for the new land.
There’s great Waterfront viewing space behind the Discovery Center in JP.

Really just a great panorama of the park, honestly.

I've never eaten at Mythos, always walked right passed it. (Can't understand why one would want that kind of food at a theme park)
The fittings and ornamentation inside are special. All themed to the max. The food is good not great but the atmosphere and the view are very special. Go sometime and see if you can be seated along the windows in the main room. I don't know any other place I would rather have lunch. The service has been excellent for the most part, a couple of servers really stand out by going above and beyond taking your order and bringing the food.
Try it once, you haven't "done" IOA til you have done it all.

I recently took several people to USF and IOA for the day (It was insanely slow.. we hit every major ride). All of them said Posiedon's Fury was their favorite. I was kinda suprised, but they loved all the effects (And these are 20-somethings)!
It's because it's a really great attraction severely underacted here because the first version was apparently even better. If Disney did something similar it would be constantly packed and people would hail it as one of the great can't miss attractions in orlando.

I've never eaten at Mythos, always walked right passed it. (Can't understand why one would want that kind of food at a theme park)

It depends on the tastes of the person I suppose.

Honestly, a full-scale sit down dining option helps diversify the park out of quick service and table service that is made from windows. It also helps get people off the streets, in environments that should be different than what you usually see elsewhere in the park.

It's also good for parks to have them, as it encourages people to plan ahead their day more in some instances. Heck, in DCA, if I was going to have dinner but didn't want to leave the park; Carthay would be my choice over any other dining option in the park, but you have to understand what you are going in for.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If it was built before 2010 I think it's fair game to say it's open for replacement at this point. (Excluding a handful of attractions in IoA)

Reactions: Andysol
Yea, it’s there, but unless you know it’s there you’d never find it. Same with Toon Lagoon behind Popeye
The Jurassic spot is quite large (and could be expanded if necessary). If they were ever to do a show in that lagoon, it wouldn't be hard to get people down there for it. Especially since the area was purpose-built for shows seeing as it's meant for tiered viewing.

The fittings and ornamentation inside are special. All themed to the max. The food is good not great but the atmosphere and the view are very special. Go sometime and see if you can be seated along the windows in the main room. I don't know any other place I would rather have lunch. The service has been excellent for the most part, a couple of servers really stand out by going above and beyond taking your order and bringing the food.
Try it once, you haven't "done" IOA til you have done it all.
I'm down to give it a go.. I actually want to now hearing everyone speak highly of it. I mean nothing at IOA is outstanding in quick service. I trust my fellow members on this site, so the lady and I will give it a try.

What, good food at an affordable price?
Like I said, I've never been. I always thought of it as high end sit down food that fills you up too much. Table service usually has different food from quick service. As I'm older than before I can see how one would want to sit for table service, especially if the place is an experience within itself. I meant my comment in past tense. As a teenager/young adult, table service never crossed my mind as something appealing for the type of attractions Islands of Adventure has.

It depends on the tastes of the person I suppose.

Honestly, a full-scale sit down dining option helps diversify the park out of quick service and table service that is made from windows. It also helps get people off the streets, in environments that should be different than what you usually see elsewhere in the park.

It's also good for parks to have them, as it encourages people to plan ahead their day more in some instances. Heck, in DCA, if I was going to have dinner but didn't want to leave the park; Carthay would be my choice over any other dining option in the park, but you have to understand what you are going in for.

When you put it in that perspective it makes sense. Especially when the theme parks themselves turn everything into 'an experience'. It makes sense I especially love how Disney and Universal have themed eateries (Sea World and Busch Gardens as well). Also, it's an easy way to make money and get 'FAMILIES' ore involved for something that can be slower paced. Everyone has different needs and desires. I used to be on go every theme park visit and now I just want to enjoy the atmosphere and people so I can definitely understand that point of view. As I stated above, I'm going to try it when I return to Universal this year.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'm down to give it a go.. I actually want to now hearing everyone speak highly of it. I mean nothing at IOA is outstanding in quick service. I trust my fellow members on this site, so the lady and I will give it a try.

Like I said, I've never been. I always thought of it as high end sit down food that fills you up too much. Table service usually has different food from quick service. As I'm older than before I can see how one would want to sit for table service, especially if the place is an experience within itself. I meant my comment in past tense. As a teenager/young adult, table service never crossed my mind as something appealing for the type of attractions Islands of Adventure has.

When you put it in that perspective it makes sense. Especially when the theme parks themselves turn everything into 'an experience'. It makes sense I especially love how Disney and Universal have themed eateries (Sea World and Busch Gardens as well). Also, it's an easy way to make money and get 'FAMILIES' ore involved for something that can be slower paced. Everyone has different needs and desires. I used to be on go every theme park visit and now I just want to enjoy the atmosphere and people so I can definitely understand that point of view. As I stated above, I'm going to try it when I return to Universal this year.
Yes, touring a theme park in a leisurely manner is certainly more enjoyable and rewarding than the commando touring so many attempt. Slow up and enjoy all the ambiance a good theme park contains. It's so much more than just the rides, and how many you can run to and do in the course of a visit. There's a lot to see, hear and experience, if you take your time, and put your smartphone in your pocket....Good to see you're changing your approach. :thumbsup::)

Yes, touring a theme park in a leisurely manner is certainly more enjoyable and rewarding than the commando touring so many attempt. Slow up and enjoy all the ambiance a good theme park contains. It's so much more than just the rides, and how many you can run to and do in the course of a visit. There's a lot to see, hear and experience, if you take your time, and put your smartphone in your pocket....Good to see you're changing your approach. :thumbsup::)
Most tourists can't really take it slow because if they do, they miss whole areas of the park because most tourists don't live less than an hour away and they want to experience everything, even if only on the surface level