The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These kinds of posts drive me batty. What does that even mean? Any casual fan could make the same statement and it be equally true.

Watch this- Toon Lagoon is done. Shrek is done.

How about a “in a year” or “in 6 months”. Otherwise, it’s a meaningless soundbite.

Everyone knows LCs days are numbered.

Thank you Joe. I agree 110%.

LOL.. Times have changed haven't they. I think you probably would of gone insane in the early days during Potter Phase 1 when Teebin would drop riddles or Disneyhead one liners. As for the one liners I think it boils down to creating a sense of what if during a time of non-existent news and dead end rumors. Its meant to be fun not serious to a certain extent. I know there are several people on here who bash me for not sharing or a lack of "knowing" like the old days and thats fine, it is what it is these days. With that said, lets just have some fun on here instead of being REMINDED to stay on topic or REMINDED of this and that. Man I miss the good old days and people on OU.

LOL.. Times have changed haven't they. I think you probably would of gone insane in the early days during Potter Phase 1 when Teebin would drop riddles or Disneyhead one liners. As for the one liners I think it boils down to creating a sense of what if during a time of non-existent news and dead end rumors. Its meant to be fun not serious to a certain extent. I know there are several people on here who bash me for not sharing or a lack of "knowing" like the old days and thats fine, it is what it is these days. With that said, lets just have some fun on here instead of being REMINDED to stay on topic or REMINDED of this and that. Man I miss the good old days and people on OU.
"Let's just have some fun on here instead of being REMINDED to stay on topic or REMINDED of this and that"...Best statement I've heard in a long long time. Got to give you five thumbs up for that. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Wish you would pop in more often.:)

No doubt about it, it's a funny old time here. People in the know share their solid info only for it to change the next day. There's good stuff coming but it's like being a kid on Christmas Eve only to be told at 5 to midnight that Christmas has been moved to Dec 26th.

It's a time to relax, have fun and not get too invested in any speculation because it could be the last cooled off period for a very very long time.

The one liners come from hearing stuff that is implausible, but not impossible.

Like the "What if the 4th gate isn't a Universal park?" I was actually trolling to see if anyone else had heard of something similar. Not that I believe it would happen, but stranger thing have.

And Andy, you have nothing to prove. This is a hobby.

The one liners come from hearing stuff that is implausible, but not impossible.

Like the "What if the 4th gate isn't a Universal park?" I was actually trolling to see if anyone else had heard of something similar. Not that I believe it would happen, but stranger thing have.

And Andy, you have nothing to prove. This is a hobby.

I think someone once mentioned that Ripley grabbed a good piece of land around UNIs land...maybe they’ll swap some stuff, build and run a park for them....anything is possible these days.

Recently I’ve been wondering something about Poseidon’s Fury. If my understanding of the water tunnel effect is correct, it uses centrifugal force to hold the water against the surface of the tunnel. If, say, a major power outage were to occur, would the water just fall on the guests?

Last edited:
Recently I’ve been wondering something about Poseidon’s Fury. If my understanding of the water tunnel effect is correct, it uses centrifugal force to hold the water against the surface of the tunnel. If, say, a major power outage were to occur, would the water just fall on the guests?

I’d imagine that Universal has some type of back up system that will keep the power on for a limited time. Even 5mins would be enough to safely evacuate most rides.

If it occurred on the ride itself, then people will get soaked but they would probably be drier than if they had gone on any of the other water rides.

Having said that, if the power did stop, the jets would probably stop instantly and not send any more water, I don’t think it would be a gradual decrease in power allowing the water to not make the distance around the tunnel.