The Future of PortAventura | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's kinda felt like that for a long time tbh
If there is one thing with Alicia that I've been able to have the pleasure of understanding over the course of all my conversations with her (and being a former moderator on her Discord server); it's that she wouldn't be trying to be rude or hostile towards elements like Universal exploring things like this.

Ive simply wanted to make it clear that the park had not been purchased.

After following the rumor for well over a year, I just wanted to clarify language whenever folks would say “Universal has bought” the park rather than saying “Universal is rumored” to buy the park.

Even with an intent to buy agreement, where the buyer can request changes or upgrades before purchase, a deal is not necessarily set in stone, and the buyer could always back out.

Seeing multiple patents filed within the country, which are for a backlog of Universal attractions, is certainly an interesting development.

Sorry if my posts seem rude, but my intention has always been to clarify language.

And even with this latest development, I remain cautious with my assessment, because protecting one’s patents in a country does not necessarily mean they intend to use it.

This particular patent was also registered in another country not too long ago “just in case” they decided to build there, but nothing came of it there. So, no matter how good things may look, you never know until it’s announced.

Now Gregory drawing attention to it is interesting. But would it be wise for a Creative director to hint at a park acquisition that has not been finalized yet? Remains to be seen that’s what he was hinting at. But interesting that he did nonetheless.

Legitimate question but who the hell cares if she is? Some of y'all are making it seem like it's some personal attack if people hear the rumor differently and have responded with childish, sometimes antagonizing, posts.

If Universal buys it? Great. We were wrong and Universal has added an international park to their lineup. If Universal doesn't? Oh well. They have other stuff in line.

If there is one thing with Alicia that I've been able to have the pleasure of understanding over the course of all my conversations with her (and being a former moderator on her Discord server); it's that she wouldn't be trying to be rude or hostile towards elements like Universal exploring things like this.
We've been trying to establish a conversation from the start.

The dismissal of the information made public by reputable european insiders, even without showing a minimal effort in contrasting such intel, has been a constant this last months.

Our work is as valuable as yours, and you've been putting an entire continent down. Furthermore, many people here have been dismissing Spain as a possible location just because of prejudices.

A simple Google search would have shown that not only is Spain the country that attracts the most tourists in the world (surpassing France), that there are strong anti-hate crime policies in place that have proven effective (and have even placed Spain well ahead of the USA and other western countries in many civil rights and security rankings)... So don't come here and lecture us about things we are actually trying to solve (unlike that gun problem of yours).

By the way, we have a slight idea on when the final announcement will be, because the PR campaign of the takeover has already started.

You accuse us being smug when we've just been matching your energy. And now it's not even myself alone. A lot of people in the european community, specially those from Spain, have been let down by your attitudes towards this. It has become a well known meme at this point, of which I am sure you are aware of it.

You can either change your attitudes and add to the conversation (even if it's with info proving we are wrong) or we will continue "matching the vibes". Whatever the case may be it seems like we are to become Universal pals, so... Welcome to Spain

Last edited:

The dismissal of the information made public by reputable european insiders, even without showing a minimal effort in contrasting such intel, has been a constant this last months.

Our work is as valuable as yours, and you've been putting an entire continent down. Furthermore, many people here have been dismissing Spain as a possible location just because of prejudices.

A simple Google search would have shown that not only is Spain the country that attracts the most tourists in the world (surpassing France), that there are strong anti-hate crime policies in place that have proven effective (and have even placed Spain well ahead of the USA and other western countries in many civil rights and security rankings)...

By the way, we have a slight idea on when the final announcement will be, because the PR campaign of the takeover has already started. I have myself, and so have many of my peers, seen Page Thompson and his team taking a stroll around PortAventura last weekend.

You accuse us being smug when we've been matching your energy. And now it's not even myself alone. A lot of people in the european community, specially those from Spain, have been let down by your attitudes towards this. It has become a well known meme at this point, of which I am sure you are aware of.i

You can either change your attitudes and add to the conversation (even if it's with info proving we are wrong) or we will continue "matching the vibes". Whatever the case may be it seems like we are to become Universal pals, so... Welcome to Spain

I can assure you... it's not that deep.

Thanks for proving my point

Oh c'mon now. Let's be serious. Alicia was nothing but kind in her responses, but because it didn't line up with your side of the rumor - y'all took shots.

I've already had to come in here a couple of times to tell y'all to stop until an announcement is made. It has nothing to do with prejudices or putting an entire continent down.

A simple Google search would have shown that not only is Spain the country that attracts the most tourists in the world (surpassing France), that there are strong anti-hate crime policies in place that have proven effective (and have even placed Spain well ahead of the USA and other western countries in many civil rights and security rankings)... So don't come here and lecture us about things we are actually trying to solve (unlike that gun problem of yours).

By the way, we have a slight idea on when the final announcement will be, because the PR campaign of the takeover has already started. I have myself, and so have many of my peers, seen Page Thompson and his team taking a stroll around PortAventura last weekend.

You accuse us being smug when we've just been matching your energy. And now it's not even myself alone. A lot of people in the european community, specially those from Spain, have been let down by your attitudes towards this. It has become a well known meme at this point, of which I am sure you are aware of.i

If only we, as a society, could muster this much energy over important issues we’d be unstoppable.

You accuse us being smug when we've been matching your energy. And now it's not even myself alone. A lot of people in the european community, specially those from Spain, have been let down by your attitudes towards this. It has become a well known meme at this point, of which I am sure you are aware of.i

Glad to see not very much changes on here in my absence.
"Putting an entire continent down.."

There's a chance Comcast is in the market to buy or build a park on this continent.

There's also a real chance that a company that has currently been in the process of completely reshaping how Theme Parks are built and laid out with Beijing and Orlando, doesnt want to buy a park with a bunch of existing rides that they would have to eventually knock down to build again in the vision of their new parks, taking a six flags esque park and reskinning it is so far removed from whats happening at Epic Universe....
So if you remove the existing park from the equation all you really have left at Portaventura is the infrastructure.........and the unlikely possibility of being able to expand in the future. So if I was comcast I wouldnt bother dropping cash on something I would then have to spend more on when I could find a nice green field site somewhere else and in the long run have full control of what my park is like and how much i spend building it.

Im not sure what this victim status is all about. but people are allowed to legitimately question, especially if someone is showing confirmation bias with no real evidence.

Oh c'mon now. Let's be serious. Alicia was nothing but kind in her responses, but because it didn't line up with your side of the rumor - y'all took shots.

I've already had to come in here a couple of times to tell y'all to stop until an announcement is made. It has nothing to do with prejudices or putting an entire continent down
We weren't mad because she didnt side with our info, but because you added nothing of value to the conversation. You can dismiss our information all you want, but at least try to contrast it. If this turns out to be true, which it is, your reputation in Europe will already be damaged.

So we either start having this conversation (and you start treating this with the respect it deserves) or I feel you won't feel welcome when visiting our resort.

By the way, we have a slight idea on when the final announcement will be, because the PR campaign of the takeover has already started. I have myself, and so have many of my peers, also seen Page Thompson and his team taking a stroll around PortAventura last weekend.

You accuse us being smug when we've just been matching your energy. And now it's not even myself alone. A lot of people in the european community, specially those from Spain, have been let down by your attitudes towards this. It has become a well known meme at this point, of which I am sure you are aware of it.

Got to be honest, I don’t question your intel. Honestly don’t care whether you’re right or wrong. But it’s your arrogance that’s off putting. It’s not about “matching the vibes”. Cause if it was…that would’ve be easy to do. When it comes to insiders on these forums, I’ve never seen Alicia be anything but kind, gracious and show great humility in her posts. I bet if you showed just a hint of that, your posts would not be met with questioning and skepticism. Do yourself a favor and take a deep breath.

Last edited:
i know UK is next up. Would be interesting as it would compete with PA,,
That is a balls out level energy that I am genuinely dumb-founded on and shocked (and yeah, agreeing with @Scott W. in that I am surprised people are just glossing over this).

I always assumed UK is a non-starter due to almost every single attempt at a high scale themed project happening as of this past decade in that country for one reason or another getting blocked (hell, the London Sphere just got blocked). Makes me curious to *where* in the UK are they looking at, and who they are working alongside to keep that quiet.

If only we, as a society, could muster this much energy over important issues we’d be unstoppable.
How do you think we got universal healthcare, public transport and subsidies to the youth in Spain? This is how we are, don't put the blame us if y'all are not doing the same

We weren't mad because she didnt side with our info, but because you added nothing of value to the conversation. You can dismiss our information all you want, but at least try to contrast it. If this turns out to be true, which it is, your reputation in Europe will already be damaged.

So we either start having this conversation (and you start treating this with the respect it deserves) or I feel you won't feel welcome when visiting our resort.

There’s a threatening tone to your posts that’s really uncalled for. Last I checked this thread was about a theme park acquisition, not a life or death scenario by any means. Get some perspective and maybe try to calm down a bit.

How do you think we got universal healthcare, public transport and subsidies to the youth in Spain? This is how we are, don't put the blame us if y'all are not doing the same

I didn’t realize universal healthcare came about by carrying on like a petulant child on a theme park forum.