T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will be really surprised if MOM is a coaster. Doesn't seem to jive with the location
It may or may not actually ever feel like you are on a coaster. It's basically an elaborate, practical TSMM with zippy sections between shooting scenes. Not sure how wild it would get. You're riding a fireplace. :shrug:

The one effect I am curious about is one that was pictured in the patent. The car is surrounded by a room and room is moving with you so it looks like your not moving at at all. The the track goes into a drop while the room goes straight. :yikes:

It may or may not actually ever feel like you are on a coaster. It's basically an elaborate, practical TSMM with zippy sections between shooting scenes. Not sure how wild it would get. You're riding a fireplace. :shrug:

The one effect I am curious about is one that was pictured in the patent. The car is surrounded by a room and room is moving with you so it looks like your not moving at at all. The the track goes into a drop while the room goes straight. :yikes:

ToT with launches and drops, perfect.

ToT with launches and drops, perfect.
With the SFX coaster they have several options on getting you out of a room. They could verticle drop you, or roll you forward, backward, or sideways into a traditional roller coaster type drop, or simply launch you forward or backward. When you combine that with the movable room tech this could get weird.

You know after Transformers and then Kong and now F&F, I worry that UC is just going through the motions; that they are being forced into these decisions. Perhaps I would feel the patents applied for were more worthy than they seem if they were explained to me in more detail. All of this dynamic attractions stuff just screams screens.

Nintendo is different in that it forces UC into a completely different genre and that's a good thing. It might not be technologically advanced but it will fill a void in the park.

Reactions: TDBLMT
You know after Transformers and then Kong and now F&F, I worry that UC is just going through the motions; that they are being forced into these decisions. Perhaps I would feel the patents applied for were more worthy than they seem if they were explained to me in more detail. All of this dynamic attractions stuff just screams screens.

Nintendo is different in that it forces UC into a completely different genre and that's a good thing. It might not be technologically advanced but it will fill a void in the park.
How about SLOP? That's a whole new Disney type attraction ballgame. :thumbsup: Old school Disney would be proud of SLOP.

How about SLOP? That's a whole new Disney type attraction ballgame. :thumbsup: Old school Disney would be proud of SLOP.

I am just not convinced yet that SLOP is coming to Orlando even though I would like for it to, even though I was told to keep an eye on Shrek for something unknown happening.

I think I am in a waffling mood tonight... perhaps it was the scallops... :saywhat:

I had a few ideas for the replacement of T2.

I personally believe that it will end up being themed to Bourne and that it will be the Dynamic Attractions motion theater concept. As far as the facade itself, i dont see too much change (maybe less chrome on the marquis). The story can follow one of two paths. It can put us in the tech conference as seen in Jason Bourne (2016) as it would give a decent excuse to place it in the Hollywood section and can explain why guests would be in the ride situation in the first place. Or the facade/ queue could be themed to a CIA/ FBI intelligence HQ of sorts (have guests be part of Blackbriar etc.)

If it does end up being something akin to the motion theater, the show im sure will be a huge hit with guests and have a long lifespan like Waterworld even if the franchise isnt as revelant as it was in the early 2000s

So I passed on the messages to Bob, he was happy to be remembered so fondly

Nice to hear an update on Bob. I did not look up at the Transfomers building on this trip, but I think of Bob when I see that one panel. I never met Bob...but it was crazy to me. I had just joined this site, the next time I was at the park, we had gone over to catch Beetle Jucie, but the show was canceled....

We started heading towards MiB...and I see this photo class or something going on...a whole bunch of folks taking pictures of steel...then the fact tourist come over to start posing for the photographers...I almost took a pic of the group, but I decided not to...I later posted something and it turns out it was all folks from here.

Seemed like UNI or security went a little whack...but these days...I mean, when I go to HHN, it looks like they try to show off. One year they parked the HE for all to see. The last few years, the offices keep growing back by MiB and the parade building.

This year, things were rerouted...crazy buildings back there now. Some solid walls with tons of AC units and doors as secure as the sound stage doors...and more and more trailers set up as offices.

Excuse my ignorance on the subject, but how likely is each nominee to replace T2? I would personally love a 007 show :peace:

It seems there's a little bit of smoke behind the Bond rumor, but the verbiage that went along with the announcement of T2's closure said its replacement would be from a "Universal franchise." James Bond is creatively controlled exclusively by EON Productions in association with MGM; they call all the shots, and make all the creative decisions with basically complete autonomy. They are actively looking for a studio distribution partner (which has been Sony up to this point), and among those suitors could potentially be Universal. But even if Universal ends up distributing, it's still a bit of a stretch to then call Bond a "Universal franchise." And any such deal has yet to be announced.

So logic would tell me that, between Bourne and Bond, Bourne better fits the description we've been given. But it seems either could be a possibility, based on indications from those with inside knowledge.

Last edited:
I’m throwing out a wild guess based on nothing bu I’m going with Sing with the puzzle theater.

Reactions: Joel
But the puzzle theater -really- looks like a courtroom from the ministry of magic in shape.

But the MOM courtroom never moved. Nor did anything happen in it that ever suggested movement and swapping seats around or anything where a puzzle fits without completely changing what we saw in the books or movies.

Reactions: alias8703
But the MOM courtroom never moved. Nor did anything happen in it that ever suggested movement and swapping seats around or anything where a puzzle fits without completely changing what we saw in the books or movies.
Why? We certainly didn't see every court case ever. And in a world that has spells like "Wingardium Leviosa", "Ascendio", or "Locomotor", I see no reason that the seats couldn't move around a bit. I can easily see things getting wonky real quick if they were to try to put a powerful magical werewolf, that by chance has some REALLY powerful witch and wizard friends, on trial for Murder. As a matter of fact, I would expect them too.