T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the 3D problems are less about the projectors than the center screen itself. Every time the bike comes out the whole screen lifts up about 6 feet to reveal the door. The friction causes the screen to wrinkle which eventually depolarizes the reflective surface. The screen needed replacement years ago but was delayed for budget reasons AFAIK.

This is the first closing of this mega-closing season I actually wished I got a last "ride" on.. I either could care less about the other closings or I couldn't wait for them to close (DC).
I got in a last ride when I was there in May, but it was kind of sad. The bike didn't run and the screen and fog effects were not as impressive as past showings. The attraction was dying and it was obvious. Like DC, it's time had come....But it was a very good, one of a kind memorable experience previously when it was running on all cylinders.

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel
I saw it last week and other than the bad 3D all was working.

I had forgot how '90s cheesy the dialog is and bad the acting is. The script is cringe worthy. And the humor is just awful.

Booooooooooooooooooo. The show is so well written. The cheesiness plays right into it.
"Let's bust a move" and "quit whining" makes me laugh every time.

Any reports of increased interest in the attraction leading up to the closure?

Gotta think that part of the park will be a bit of a dead zone with it closed - there's not much over there aside from the Makeup show.

Reactions: tankart150
As far as I ever experienced the film sequence has been bad for years and the end sequence has been fine. I assumed this was due to different source material and less precision in film 3d.

Your honest opinion, how valid is the rumor? Cause no one has mentioned it here in the last few days
Star Trek rumors have been swirling for at least 4 years. And with pew-pew land coming down the road, I can see Universal upping their game to secure the rights.

And Universal could have included the line about "Universal Franchise" as a diversion to squelch speculation in that direction.

BUT, if Universal got Star Trek, I would have to believe that they would go bigger than a multi-media show.

Star Trek rumors have been swirling for at least 4 years. And with pew-pew land coming down the road, I can see Universal upping their game to secure the rights.

And Universal could have included the line about "Universal Franchise" as a diversion to squelch speculation in that direction.

BUT, if Universal got Star Trek, I would have to believe that they would go bigger than a multi-media show.

Funny enough a concept blog desinged a made up plan for USF in 2014 including Ministry of Magic in the FF area and a whole Star Trek land in the MIB expansion pad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171004-220732.png
    Screenshot_20171004-220732.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
wish I could find the Star Trek VHS my brother and I made when we stopped by UNI while in Orlando for Lalapalooza...so Star Trek has sort of had a presence in the park's past.

Glad to hear the bike does work sometimes, guess we picked the wrong showing.

I had the 3D glasses off most of the time as it looked better w/o the glasses on, but when I did put them on, it was so odd, it seemed when the film moved to a close up, the right project (right for me as I was facing the screen) would align, then it would fall back 'off'' when the camera panned back or something...I couldn't watch it at all...

Star Trek deserves a Springfield-level miniland, IMO. Nothing huge on the level of WWoHP/SWGE/SNW but not just a standalone show. Plus, I'd welcome "screenz" if it were for an interactive Star Trek simulator similar to what the Millennium Falcon ride is going to be.

Everyone keeps saying how Star Wars locals are nondescript and somewhat nebulous. Well, in all of Star Trek, there is only ONE location. The "Bridge" of the Starship Enterprise.

Since Disney is building a full sized Falcon that we get to fly, I don't see Universal going that route. So maybe a multi media show is what we get. But they better pull out all the stops and blow us away.

I personally have little interest in the Falcon ride.