The Hat Coming Down | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Hat Coming Down

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I drawing a blank here? What's different since Finding Nemo musical?

You said 10 years originally so I was confused...Everest opened in 2006 (9 years ago) and Nemo opened in 2007 (8 years ago)...Lion King got a new theater last year as well and a new event/show opened (Harambe Nights)...if we're talking after Finding Nemo then you would be correct to say literally nothing haha...

It's a well themed park, other than that, it's a zoo with very few attractions worth visiting for. It's in desperate need of help almost as much as DHS

Yea...no. DAK is on a whole different level than EPCOT and DHS are.

DAK doesn't have a ton of rides, but what's there is solid, unlike the other 2 parks who have one great ride each.

The only real rides at DAK are Everest, Kali and Dinosaur.

I agree but the thing is are any of these rides that good to begin with? Dinosaur is in complete darkness, kali is short and lame, the only one you could really argue is everest and even then it's biggest selling point is now it's biggest flaw, that and it sucks as a coaster. It's a mess

Yea...no. DAK is on a whole different level than EPCOT and DHS are.

DAK doesn't have a ton of rides, but what's there is solid, unlike the other 2 parks who have one great ride each.

lol really? Two good rides are better than one so that's what makes it the better park? Your judging it on a low standard, look at the entire park as whole and tell me if it compares to MK or any of the uni parks. Its below average at best and that's unacceptable for any major theme park

lol really? Two good rides are better than one so that's what makes it the better park? Your judging it on a low standard, look at the entire park as whole and tell me if it compares to MK or any of the uni parks. Its below average at best and that's unacceptable for any major theme park

It doesn't compare to MK or USF, but I can probably spend longer at AK then IOA.

It doesn't compare to MK or USF, but I can probably spend longer at AK then IOA.

My question is how? Even if you do skip all the water rides there is still WAY more things to do at IOA then AK. I mean counting all big attractions at IOA excluding water rides that's atleast 7 good rides right there, AK has 2 and even then they're skippable. I guess technically you could goof off in the exploration trails or see a show but still it's pretty incomparable

My question is how? Even if you do skip all the water rides there is still WAY more things to do at IOA then AK. I mean counting all big attractions at IOA excluding water rides that's atleast 7 good rides right there, AK has 2 and even then they're skippable. I guess technically you could goof off in the exploration trails or see a show but still it's pretty incomparable

The difference is whereas IOA you can ping pong from ride to ride, AK has a lot more exhibits that you can slowly walk by and enjoy.

Yea, I'd say IoA and DAK are basically on the same level. Both have similar problems, though opposite ends of the spectrum. DAK as a lot of things to meander through and super high quality shows to enjoy, while lacking great rides. IoA has a ton of great rides but nothing to slow you down.

Cole, you must understand that for many many people, a theme park is more than just the electrified rides in the dark. It is the total package, the excellence of interior, exterior and landscape design, the transport to idyllic places of the world and beyond.

I agree but the thing is are any of these rides that good to begin with? Dinosaur is in complete darkness, kali is short and lame, the only one you could really argue is everest and even then it's biggest selling point is now it's biggest flaw, that and it sucks as a coaster. It's a mess
i get this argument my 15 yr old son could care less to go to DAK (at least for a couple years) its his least favorite park in orlando...but in terms of theme not just rides this is a unique theme park experience

Yea, I'd say IoA and DAK are basically on the same level. Both have similar problems, though opposite ends of the spectrum. DAK as a lot of things to meander through and super high quality shows to enjoy, while lacking great rides. IoA has a ton of great rides but nothing to slow you down.

Agreed. My biggest gripe with IOA is it doesn't have that "break" ride such as TTA at MK.

You are making the assumption that lots of rides = great park. I joke around that my ideal theme park ride is a boat that you sit that has pretty scenery, all enjoyed while enjoying a beer. Strolling around a beautifully decorated place with lots to look at seems a lot more appealing than being thrown around on a roller coaster.

Those are good points but then again, rides are probably the biggest part of a theme park and if you don't have them or don't have good ones that is a major problem. Don't get me wrong, I completely adore AK's theming, Asia is still unmatched in my experiences so far (haven't been to diagon yet). I'm just saying the cake of every theme park should be in it's rides, the icing should be it's fun distractions like animal exhibits or street shows. AK is almost all icing and when compared to other icing areas in WDW like world showcase, it fails. I definitely agree IOA needs more to do other than looking for easter eggs and other hidden goodies but then again it delivers in it's theming on almost every way possible. Say what you want about toon lagoon and marvel but you can't deny they used the source material to it's fullest. Overall though I definitely enjoy theme parks the way you all do, I just need rides worth going on to keep me going back again and again

I wouldn't say gained...more like we are stuck with..

Seriously though, walls in HS are a good thing..the park may be worth a visit in a few years :lol:
We're more than "stuck with it". It's moving to the Idol Theatre when Frozen Summer Fun returns this year (improved show slightly).

You guys also would probably be surprised to hear that it's the #1 guest rated show in WDW currently... beating out FotLK after years and years of being #1. Simply because Frozen.

We're more than "stuck with it". It's moving to the Idol Theatre when Frozen Summer Fun returns this year (improved show slightly).

You guys also would probably be surprised to hear that it's the #1 guest rated show in WDW currently... beating out FotLK after years and years of being #1. Simply because Frozen.

Please don't tell me that stuff...it makes me angry..

On a serious note...we'll see if Frozen will stand the test of time like Lion King...doubtful

Anyone take any new pics on the hat progress..