Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would totally kill for a Goosebumps maze, although I would think R.L. Stine and Scholastic Entertainment would not take kindly for Universal to turn a children's literature horror book into a horrorfest even for those who are not into literature and education. I saw several Goosebumps episodes on Netflix that would have make a perfect HHN maze, such as Stay Out Of The Basement (where Dad was a mad scientist involving plants), Night of the Living Dummy episodes (where Slappy is considered an iconic character of the series), and The Werewolf of Fever Swamp (a wolf near the swamp in Florida). That would make a fantastic HHN if Universal ever thought about including Goosebumps.

I know we have TWD but could we get Romero's "Living Dead" franchise? Or maybe Dawn Of The Dead remake?

That's where I'm at. Zombies have been done to death everywhere for the past 10 years, I'm over it
Fair enough. I understand a lot of people are tired of zombies, but personally I wouldnt mind Return Of The Living Dead just for the sake of the Tar Man.

I mentioned a couple of these a while back, but here are some IPs I REALLY want to see at HHN:

-Tremors: Creature effects would be killer! It seems a little unorthodox, but they can pull it off. It would be a really fun creature-heavy house.

-Jaws: Very tricky to pull off, but I wrote a treatment for a Jaws house that's buried somewhere in the HHN 29 spec. thread. As weird as it sounds, they could pull it off. It'd be a little pricey though.

-Night of the Living Dead: Yeah, I know, zombies have been to death, but I would LOVE to see a true black-and-white house.

-Hellraiser: Like, c'mon. It's the most obvious choice.

-Scream: I shouldn't want this, but for some reason, I do.

-Beetlejuice: After GB happening, I could totally see this happening.

-Troll 2: Yes, I'm serious. I would love to se this done just for the heck of it. It would either be the biggest dumpster fire ever, or it would be really fun. They have to play along with the cheesiness.

-Evil Dead (The OG): As much as I would want to see this, HHNH has had a horrible history with this property so.....

-The Thing: Still waiting on that original Thing house

-It: Duh.

-The Conjuring: Also duh.

-Arkham Asylum: Joker at HHN. You know that would do gangbusters. Who cares if it isn't straight-up horror.

-Twin Peaks/Fire Walk with Me: Would love to see this, but it would be so confusing for the GP.

Those are the IPs I would want to see translated into houses for HHN. It sounds like they're going to slow down on the IP usage and do more originals now that Pandora's and Holidayz scored well this year, which I don't mind at all.

I could easily them looking into more cult IPs due to the gangbusters success of Killer Klownz and Creepshow in Hollywood..

Tremors, The Fog, Re-Animator, Pumpkinhead, Suspiria, The Funhouse, Night Of The Demons.. I still of course want to see the majors like Scream, IT, Conjuring, Amityville (provided Conjuring doesn't cover that brief scene), Hellraiser.. If Scholastic wasn't an issue, I'd love Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark.. I'm sure there's other IPs I haven't even thought of that could work.. Beetlejuice would be a fun IP to use..

I mentioned a couple of these a while back, but here are some IPs I REALLY want to see at HHN:

-Tremors: Creature effects would be killer! It seems a little unorthodox, but they can pull it off. It would be a really fun creature-heavy house.

-Jaws: Very tricky to pull off, but I wrote a treatment for a Jaws house that's buried somewhere in the HHN 29 spec. thread. As weird as it sounds, they could pull it off. It'd be a little pricey though.

-Night of the Living Dead: Yeah, I know, zombies have been to death, but I would LOVE to see a true black-and-white house.

-Hellraiser: Like, c'mon. It's the most obvious choice.

-Scream: I shouldn't want this, but for some reason, I do.

-Beetlejuice: After GB happening, I could totally see this happening.

-Troll 2: Yes, I'm serious. I would love to se this done just for the heck of it. It would either be the biggest dumpster fire ever, or it would be really fun. They have to play along with the cheesiness.

-Evil Dead (The OG): As much as I would want to see this, HHNH has had a horrible history with this property so.....

-The Thing: Still waiting on that original Thing house

-It: Duh.

-The Conjuring: Also duh.

-Arkham Asylum: Joker at HHN. You know that would do gangbusters. Who cares if it isn't straight-up horror.

-Twin Peaks/Fire Walk with Me: Would love to see this, but it would be so confusing for the GP.

Those are the IPs I would want to see translated into houses for HHN. It sounds like they're going to slow down on the IP usage and do more originals now that Pandora's and Holidayz scored well this year, which I don't mind at all.
Jaws: Would love to see this one. Very tricky indeed, but I think they could do a good job on this one using force perspective, puppet shark, and lighting to make it feel like underwater.

Arkham Asylum: Batman.... nuff said. GP loves Batman, and so do we.

Evil Dead: I wouldn't mind seeing Evil Dead return, but I wish we could get Army Of Darkness.

At this point if the 80s theme continues to carry over, I could very easily see Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness, The Thing, and ReAnimator coming to the event within a couple years. (Wishful thinking)

At this point if the 80s theme continues to carry over, I could very easily see Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness, The Thing, and ReAnimator coming to the event within a couple years. (Wishful thinking)

Supposedly, they tried to get it for 2017, but had to change it to AvED during development.

Status
Not open for further replies.