Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, actually, there have been a few Transformers TV stories and comics that explore horror and suspense elements, but they've all been in the latter day.

Aside from the sheer cost concern of making a maze for Transformers is that no one at large associates the brand with horror. It would be like bringing a Barbie maze to the event just because one of her dolls has a witch outfit.

Also surprised no one's mentioned another movie with social commentary by Wes Craven similar to Get Out's themes that has a possibility of coming to Hollywood next year...

Last edited:
Speaking of Dracula a UCM spinoff just based on Dracula/ Translyvania is what I hope comes next if the series continues. He's got the potential to be the scariest for me aside from just Wolfman.

Does a spinoff count as an IP?

Monsters blurs the line of IP/Original. Unless it's a direct re-do of a film, I think it's more original houses with IP characters.

- The Thing
- Hellraiser
- Beetlejuice
- Scream
- The Cabin in the Woods (Hollywood)
- The Cornetto Trilogy
- Candyman
- Jaws
- Pink Floyd's the Wall

All I can think of that's on my wishlist that hasn't come to the event just yet.

Also surprised no one's mentioned another movie with social commentary by Wes Craven similar to Get Out's themes that has a possibility of coming to Hollywood next year...

Ahh, yes, the Serpent and the Rainbow! /s

Speaking of Dracula a UCM spinoff just based on Dracula/ Translyvania is what I hope comes next if the series continues. He's got the potential to be the scariest for me aside from just Wolfman.

Does a spinoff count as an IP?

I've actually been wanting a mummy-focused spinoff for a long time now. Imhotep is my favorite of the old monsters, and the revival scene is one of the best of the old movies. Imagine a museum facade...archaeological dig...Imhotep with the knife and glowing eyes..

Regardless, I think House of Dracula would be a pretty safe bet for a movie, right? Seems like a good followup to FMTW.

Ahh, yes, the Serpent and the Rainbow! /s

I've actually been wanting a mummy-focused spinoff for a long time now. Imhotep is my favorite of the old monsters, and the revival scene is one of the best of the old movies. Imagine a museum facade...archaeological dig...Imhotep with the knife and glowing eyes..

Regardless, I think House of Dracula would be a pretty safe bet for a movie, right? Seems like a good followup to FMTW.

The Serpent and the Rainbow would make an interesting maze actually..

I just desperately want an “Indie film” year.

- The Final Girls
- Devil’s Pass
- Existence
- Cooties
- Anna and the Apocalypse
- Afflicted
- The Ritual
- The _______ Conspiracy
- Blood Fest
- and I’ll throw the Belko Experiment on here because of the office building setting.

It’s a lot of woods, but it would be a low cost year that surprises people.

I just desperately want an “Indie film” year.

- The Final Girls
- Devil’s Pass
- Existence
- Cooties
- Anna and the Apocalypse
- Afflicted
- The Ritual
- The _______ Conspiracy
- Blood Fest
- and I’ll throw the Belko Experiment on here because of the office building setting.

It’s a lot of woods, but it would be a low cost year that surprises people.
Exists, Afflicted, and Cooties are mazes i know will never happen, but i always want to see because they have tons of potential. Like, tell me this won't be awesome to see in a haunt.

Hey look I’m not going to gate keep here but some of these suggestions are.... choices. At this rate might as well have a Devil Wears Prada house because it has the word Devil in the title.

tenor.gif

I know it falls somewhere on a scale of improbable to impossible but I really just wanna see The Lost Boys there someday.

There are others I’d like to see too but I really just wanna see that one before I die.

I know it falls somewhere on a scale of improbable to impossible but I really just wanna see The Lost Boys there someday.

There are others I’d like to see too but I really just wanna see that one before I die.

Other than the fact it's owned by WB--who may or may not be open to licensing their IPs again--I actually think it's pretty likely. Big late 80s horror hit, iconic set pieces/characters, even a cool soundtrack. I'd put it up there with Hellraiser in the "surprised they haven't done it already" category.

i think I’d love to see an original inspired by Goosebumps, but I think the actual IP is just a little too young adult for HHN
You don't think they could "gore it up" a little to make it more adult themed with all the material R.L. Stine gave in those books?

Status
Not open for further replies.