The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, actually, there have been a few Transformers TV stories and comics that explore horror and suspense elements, but they've all been in the latter day.

Aside from the sheer cost concern of making a maze for Transformers is that no one at large associates the brand with horror. It would be like bringing a Barbie maze to the event just because one of her dolls has a witch outfit.

Also surprised no one's mentioned another movie with social commentary by Wes Craven similar to Get Out's themes that has a possibility of coming to Hollywood next year...

Last edited:
Reactions: Horror Lover
Speaking of Dracula a UCM spinoff just based on Dracula/ Translyvania is what I hope comes next if the series continues. He's got the potential to be the scariest for me aside from just Wolfman.

Does a spinoff count as an IP?

Monsters blurs the line of IP/Original. Unless it's a direct re-do of a film, I think it's more original houses with IP characters.

- The Thing
- Hellraiser
- Beetlejuice
- Scream
- The Cabin in the Woods (Hollywood)
- The Cornetto Trilogy
- Candyman
- Jaws
- Pink Floyd's the Wall

All I can think of that's on my wishlist that hasn't come to the event just yet.

Reactions: chris.g and Jaden
Also surprised no one's mentioned another movie with social commentary by Wes Craven similar to Get Out's themes that has a possibility of coming to Hollywood next year...

Ahh, yes, the Serpent and the Rainbow! /s

Speaking of Dracula a UCM spinoff just based on Dracula/ Translyvania is what I hope comes next if the series continues. He's got the potential to be the scariest for me aside from just Wolfman.

Does a spinoff count as an IP?

I've actually been wanting a mummy-focused spinoff for a long time now. Imhotep is my favorite of the old monsters, and the revival scene is one of the best of the old movies. Imagine a museum facade...archaeological dig...Imhotep with the knife and glowing eyes..

Regardless, I think House of Dracula would be a pretty safe bet for a movie, right? Seems like a good followup to FMTW.

Ahh, yes, the Serpent and the Rainbow! /s

I've actually been wanting a mummy-focused spinoff for a long time now. Imhotep is my favorite of the old monsters, and the revival scene is one of the best of the old movies. Imagine a museum facade...archaeological dig...Imhotep with the knife and glowing eyes..

Regardless, I think House of Dracula would be a pretty safe bet for a movie, right? Seems like a good followup to FMTW.

The Serpent and the Rainbow would make an interesting maze actually..

I just desperately want an “Indie film” year.

- The Final Girls
- Devil’s Pass
- Existence
- Cooties
- Anna and the Apocalypse
- Afflicted
- The Ritual
- The _______ Conspiracy
- Blood Fest
- and I’ll throw the Belko Experiment on here because of the office building setting.

It’s a lot of woods, but it would be a low cost year that surprises people.

Reactions: hhnlover
I just desperately want an “Indie film” year.

- The Final Girls
- Devil’s Pass
- Existence
- Cooties
- Anna and the Apocalypse
- Afflicted
- The Ritual
- The _______ Conspiracy
- Blood Fest
- and I’ll throw the Belko Experiment on here because of the office building setting.

It’s a lot of woods, but it would be a low cost year that surprises people.
Exists, Afflicted, and Cooties are mazes i know will never happen, but i always want to see because they have tons of potential. Like, tell me this won't be awesome to see in a haunt.

Hey look I’m not going to gate keep here but some of these suggestions are.... choices. At this rate might as well have a Devil Wears Prada house because it has the word Devil in the title.

tenor.gif

I know it falls somewhere on a scale of improbable to impossible but I really just wanna see The Lost Boys there someday.

There are others I’d like to see too but I really just wanna see that one before I die.

I know it falls somewhere on a scale of improbable to impossible but I really just wanna see The Lost Boys there someday.

There are others I’d like to see too but I really just wanna see that one before I die.

Other than the fact it's owned by WB--who may or may not be open to licensing their IPs again--I actually think it's pretty likely. Big late 80s horror hit, iconic set pieces/characters, even a cool soundtrack. I'd put it up there with Hellraiser in the "surprised they haven't done it already" category.

i think I’d love to see an original inspired by Goosebumps, but I think the actual IP is just a little too young adult for HHN
You don't think they could "gore it up" a little to make it more adult themed with all the material R.L. Stine gave in those books?

Status
Not open for further replies.