The Iron Man Experience (HKDL) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Iron Man Experience (HKDL)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were being forced to sandbag this to make sure whatever Disneyland eventually gets still gets a huge splash as the first real attraction. Sounds like Disney Front Office logic to me.
Then Disney is incredibly stupid. They've already tried that sort of crap in Hong Kong and they had to pay a lot of money to fix the situation because the Government is not run by idiots.

From what I hear, they are using the Star Tours ride system. It WILL be a pluses up version. It is part of a larger Marvel presence in the park. It IS going where Star Tours was supposed to go. 99% of the people who ride it will never have ridden Star Tours and it is still the best pure simulator ride on the planet. It will have some in cabin FX. And the main reason they are using it is so that they can do it quickly while the IM IP is still hot since RDJ is rumored to be done with the character after Avengers 2.

This will be a well done attraction that will use a ride system unique to that continent. It will NOT be coming stateside. I sort of look at this as similar to the complaints when Transformers went into USH. It will be a rather quick and cost efficient E-Ticket being fast tracked to capitalize on a current popular IP.

It will be a home run and a welcome addition for that park.

Last edited:
Reactions: TylerDurden
From what I hear, they are using the Star Tours ride system. It WILL be a pluses up version. It is part of a larger Marvel presence in the park. It IS going where Star Tours was supposed to go. 99% of the people who ride it will never have ridden Star Tours and it is still the best pure simulator ride on the planet. It will have some in cabin FX. And the main reason they are using it is so that they can do it quickly while the IM IP is still hot since RDJ is rumored to be done with the character after Avengers 2.

This will be a well done attraction that will use a ride system unique to that continent. It will NOT be coming stateside. I sort of look at this as similar to the complaints when Transformers went into USH. It will be a rather quick and cost efficient E-Ticket being fast tracked to capitalize on a current popular IP.

No doubt it will be successful. And while I understand that it is a quick and efficient way of bringing the ST ride system to a place that doesn't already have it, I'm severely disappointed in the under-utilization of Marvel's most icon brand (at the moment). They've had years and years to get this off-the-ground and by the time it opens, Avengers two will have already been out for over a year. My complaint isn't that the ST ride system is being used for an attraction, my complaint is that it's being used for an IP that is HUGE HUGE HUGE and offers so many interesting possibilities.

Thank you Disneyhead for bringing sanity to this thread! This is not an Ironman E-ticket for the US, it is an E-ticket for HK, which was supposed to get Star Tours. Instead, they wanted something more unique, seems like a good compromise.

The only thing we can conclude from this announcement is that the artwork is lazy and thrown together. People more familiar with the project all indicate it is better than what is being thrown together in that artwork.

(PS: Japan is also part of Asia, so not unique to the continent)

Theming wise, cloning Star Tours would've worked so much better since the theme of HKDL's Tomorrowland is that it's supposed to be a sci-fi spaceport. Not sure how Iron Man's going to work with that.

Funny because people say the exact reverse of Star Wars - which takes place in the past. Therefore it's about as far as you can get from "tomorrow"land. Ironmen represents the original intent of tomorrowland, which is innovation and transport.

However, I really could care less when it comes to franchises cookie cutter fitting the overall themes. It's all a bunch of hooey.

As long as it looks "pretty" and mashes well together with stuff around it, 99.9% of people will not care.

He's signed on for Avengers 2 and 3.

Funny because people say the exact reverse of Star Wars - which takes place in the past. Therefore it's about as far as you can get from "tomorrow"land.

But it still fits the sci-fi spaceport theme. Stitch Encounter is set in the present, and yet it works because of how HKDL's Tomorrowland is themed.

And besides, the line "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." isn't supposed to have much meaning, it's mostly there just to make everything sound "epic".

But it still fits the sci-fi spaceport theme. Stitch Encounter is set in the present, and yet it works because of how HKDL's Tomorrowland is themed.

And besides, the line "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." isn't supposed to have much meaning, it's mostly there just to make everything sound "epic".
eh, Iron Man is definitely the more futuristic looking franchise. They don't seem to be doing it all that much justice (at least it doesn't seem so yet) from the concept art though.

Still though, from what we've seen so far, the Iron Man ride has nothing to do with space. Therefore I question how it will work with the spaceport theme.

But then again, Autopia also doesn't have anything to do with space, though I guess it can be considered an exception.

Still though, from what we've seen so far, the Iron Man ride has nothing to do with space. Therefore I question how it will work with the spaceport theme.

But then again, Autopia also doesn't have anything to do with space, though I guess it can be considered an exception.

Actually in HKDL you are supposed to be driving around a Martian landscape. It is weakly tied in at best... but it's tied in.

Inking the deal for the Pandora's Box ride system was a similar move to getting Avatar. The inked the deal for an innovative ride system (because everyone talked about Potter's Robocoaster ride system) without really talking to Imagineering. Now Rohde is saddled with a very difficult to theme or hide ride system for a project he never wanted in his park.

Last edited:
Inking the deal for Pandora's Box was a similar move to getting Avatar. The inked the deal for an innovative ride system (because everyone talked about Potter's Robocoaster ride system) without really talking to Imagineering. Now Rohde is saddled with a very difficult to theme or hide ride system for a project he never wanted in his park.

are you saying you know for sure Avatar is getting a pandoras box ride system? wow if true ill take it

May not like the design much, or even the ride idea, but at least it's something else going into Hong Kong.