Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic

Walt Disney World has to maintain that sparkling profit margin, regardless of the attendance.

Or the service.

They have a short term outlook. Keep the stockholders happy til 2018 (I hope he does not extend the contract!) and he who shall not be named leaves with 40 mil bonus in his pocket. So how much money does one man need?

Buyback stock, EPS goes up, less attendance but more $$ out of each sucker guest = more revenue. Who gives a frig (thanks Teebin) about guest experience and how it plays when the suc guests get back home we have their money now and all the DVC locked in for 40 years with a 40K upfront payment.

Hella business model clearly skewed to long term stability and growth. sarcasm Hope it changes soon or this will be the worst story ever told.

I know I'm not saying anything that you don't know but I think it bears repeating ad nauseum

Sorry :topic:

Last edited:
You guys do realize that JB: AwM was always supposed to be a "Limited time show" anyway, right? Would you have rather they just settled with this as their nighttime show and gave up on RoL? Me neither.

Also, just so it's clear, all other DAK nighttime offerings are continuing.

Last edited:
One day they post a calendar that shows 11:00 closings and the next cut everything back to 9:00. Yet they want you planning 60 days out? Nope, not gonna do it.
Yep. And I still remember the Disney marketing & hotel specials brochure I received a few weeks ago (I mentioned it on this thread) that featured Animal Kingdom & it's night time shows as inducements to book a vacation end of August through December. Night time AK was the whole freakin front page. There are going to be a lot of unhappy tourists that go on the vacation to see that, and then find out the gates close soon after the sunset. Really bad show Disney. And bad co ordination with marketing to boot.

There are going to be a lot of unhappy tourists that go on the vacation to see that, and then find out the gates close soon after the sunset. Really bad show Disney. And bad co ordination with marketing to boot.

I agree it's bad show. But, not going to be "a lot." It's hard to get across how dead DAK Nights were in the middle of Summer. Now that school is in session and there is no nighttime spectacular, you can probably get a private safari train.

I think the only reason to do this is to keep Disney Springs/EPCOT from going to capacity MNSSHP nights.

ETA: I repeat again, anyone who things a non-branded RoL show would have drawn better than JB just doesn't get how theme parks work in the real world. I think the only way we see RoL is after a dining package at David Copperfield's Magic Underground.

You guys do realize that JB: AwM was always supposed to be a "Limited time show" anyway, right? Would you have rather they just settled with this as their nighttime show and gave up on RoL? Me neither.

Also, just so it's clear, all other DAK nighttime offerings are continuing.
It just seemed like they should have kept Jungle until RoL was ready. Anything is better than nothing.

Just realized they may be another reason why the show is ending. The moving badges used in the show were from the Fantasmic! In DisneyLand. With this talk of an updated Fantasmic! occurring could it be that they are simply being pulled back to Anaheim to be renovated along with the rest of the show.

Just realized they may be another reason why the show is ending. The moving badges used in the show were from the Fantasmic! In DisneyLand. With this talk of an updated Fantasmic! occurring could it be that they are simply being pulled back to Anaheim to be renovated along with the rest of the show.
Well yeah. They could've gone longer with it if they wanted to though and shipped the barges back by February.

But the main reason it's ending is because

1.) they announced it would end on said date back in May.
2). Lack of crowds (although the park seemed packed for it in a Midway Mayhem video I just watched)

Well yeah. They could've gone longer with it if they wanted to though and shipped the barges back by February.

But the main reason it's ending is because

1.) they announced it would end on said date back in May.
2). Lack of crowds (although the park seemed packed for it in a Midway Mayhem video I just watched)
Maybe they should just put up a big screen and cartoons each night. :)