Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic

I heard negative reviews from a few people that went this weekend. But... if this was slapped together quickly and is getting at best lukewarm reactions, why still push this as the anchor for DAK at Night? Complete with FastPass+ and dinner packages? That alone positions the show as something it's not.
Probably the same philosophy they had with the really mediocre Frozen Show at DHS summer of 2014. They were able to fool the Disney fans and spike the attendance. Disney probably thinks it will work again.

It's rather amusing reading reports that the show is bad, but then pull the "But you should take into account it's temporary/was made in 40 days etc." card, some going to the point where they then give the show a higher rating because of that.

That kind of excuse doesn't hold whatsoever, this isn't some elementary school production where you go "Bless their little hearts" just for doing it no matter what the overall quality is. If you go see a movie in theaters/a Broadway show,/a Theme Park show, you go off what was presented in front of you. It doesn't matter if it was created in several years, or in a couple weeks...if it's bad, it's bad.

After all, you'd never hear anyone add "But you gotta' take into account they did the AP preview when they wern't ready, so that makes this show a 8/10." after they proclaimed Light Magic sucked.
I really don't know anyone who has been rating the show that high. Just because a few do here and there means very little. Some people like modern Adam Sandler movies too, doesn't mean they're any good.

So people I know keep going to see this show and I so expect them to come back and say how bad it is, but no one has a bad review of it. I guess the GP is OK with this show. Sad really.

Those are probably some of the same people that were enthused with the Tangled bathrooms. WDW has had so little significant new stuff in the last ten years that Disney fans get excited over just about anything. Their expectation level is probably low. Conversely, if Universal debuts something new, the Disney envy is such that they'll trash it, no matter the quality.

We don't agree on much - but I concur, this show is terrible.

I haven't seen it in person, but it seems pretty bad from the video. So I can't totally judge it. I plan to go to AK when it is cooler, maybe by some slim chance I will be lucky and miss this show all together as RoL will be working. I was going to see it when I first heard about it, but after seeing the video and hearing what everyone here had to say about it I am not going to rush out to AK.

And hey, we sometimes agree, I even defended you when someone implied you were a pixie duster :)

Guess that whole "GP doesn't think the show is terrible" thing is BS.

I had just said everyone I talked to liked it. Which I was shocked about since how bad it seems to be. Seems the majority of guests don't like it and the people I talked to were weird (which I thought so since it was so bad). I have got to think they want RoL out there as quickly as possible with how bad people think this show is.

Howl at the Moon has live singers and music. Big deal.

Hey.. I love Howl at the Moon. :lol: But honestly, the live singing can be impressive at Disney shows... like FOTLK, Mickey & the Magical Map over in DLR, and some of the clips I've seen of Frozen at DCA are great. Haven't seen Jungle Book but I could see how that would raise it up a notch among adult viewers.

I had just said everyone I talked to liked it. Which I was shocked about since how bad it seems to be. Seems the majority of guests don't like it and the people I talked to were weird (which I thought so since it was so bad). I have got to think they want RoL out there as quickly as possible with how bad people think this show is.
They don't even want RoL up simply because JB sucks, they want RoL going because JB is incredibly labor intensive. They're losing a lot of money because of this delay.

They don't even want RoL up simply because JB sucks, they want RoL going because JB is incredibly labor intensive. They're losing a lot of money because of this delay.
It's even worse than that. I've heard that Equity came in and reviewed the show and concluded that the regular Disney performers (The ones on the front floats) were doing equity level choreography and have to be paid at a higher rate. Almost twice what Disney pays regular performers. And they had to back pay them through rehearsals.