The Jungle Book | Inside Universal Forums

The Jungle Book

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As someone who's seen Disney's original attempt at a live-action Jungle Book, this can be either really fun or really terrifying for kids. The trailer certainly has a weird tone for what will reportedly be a musical. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

As an adult it looks like it could be enjoyable but holy poop the inner child in me was weeping at the grimness of it all. Not sure who the audience for this actually is given it is for all purposes The Jungle Book and not Dark Knight Planet of the Apes.

As an adult it looks like it could be enjoyable but holy poop the inner child in me was weeping at the grimness of it all. Not sure who the audience for this actually is given it is for all purposes The Jungle Book and not Dark Knight Planet of the Apes.
By promoting the darker aspects of the film they are probably hoping to catch a more diverse audience than those that would normally go to see a live-action Disney re-make.

they are just trying to appeal to the fanbase that go to the movies teens and young adults. I think they nailed that demographic.

they are just trying to appeal to the fanbase that go to the movies teens and young adults. I think they nailed that demographic.
Yeah, but notice how they made it very prominent that it was "From the studio that brought you Pirates" and "The Director of Iron Man". Makes it seem like they are trying to grab for more of that type of crowd.

That ape looks almost the size of King Kong and the proportions of that snake are also humongous.
The music sounds for a Michael Bay film and the whole clip just doesn't have anything jungle-book.

The Jungle Book releases on Friday with an impressive word of mouth, with some calling it the best iteration of Kipling's story yet.

So much that its rumored of Jon Faverau coming back for a sequel, based on "The Second Jungle Book" written by Kipling.

Reactions: Stitch_101
The Jungle Book releases on Friday with an impressive word of mouth, with some calling it the best iteration of Kipling's story yet.

I'm doing my best to keep expectations in check. Cinderella had great buzz before it opened, and while it was entertaining, I wouldn't call it necessary viewing.

Jungle Book is my favorite Disney movie though, so I will be seeing it.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I'm doing my best to keep expectations in check. Cinderella had great buzz before it opened, and while it was entertaining, I wouldn't call it necessary viewing.

Jungle Book is my favorite Disney movie though, so I will be seeing it.

I'm in the same boat, minus The Jungle Book being my favorite movie. Both Maleficent and Cinderella were good attempts, but felt like they were playing things safe or, in Maleficents case, made to many changes to a character people loved. A lot of reviews are claiming that this is the first movie to justify Disney making live action versions of their animated classics (because while they are based on existing stories, the film's have seemed to draw more heavily on the animated versions.) I don't want to be disappointed.

If anything it looks like it will be on a technical level something very special, and as a fan of films in general that has me more excited than anything else.

I'm in the same boat, minus The Jungle Book being my favorite movie. Both Maleficent and Cinderella were good attempts, but felt like they were playing things safe or, in Maleficents case, made to many changes to a character people loved. A lot of reviews are claiming that this is the first movie to justify Disney making live action versions of their animated classics (because while they are based on existing stories, the film's have seemed to draw more heavily on the animated versions.) I don't want to be disappointed.

If anything it looks like it will be on a technical level something very special, and as a fan of films in general that has me more excited than anything else.

I'm just hoping it does enough to justify a Jungle Book area in DAK.

I'm just hoping it does enough to justify a Jungle Book area in DAK.
Jungle Book would have to go in Asia and the only expansion spot is behind Everest I believe. I'm sure they could put a dark ride building there and just have a long queue, but then again i'm not 100% on the area.

Personally, with Chapek in charge, I think we're more likely to get Zootopia take over Rafiki's. The train could even be converted to match the metro rail from the movie.

Jungle Book would have to go in Asia and the only expansion spot is behind Everest I believe. I'm sure they could put a dark ride building there and just have a long queue, but then again i'm not 100% on the area.

Personally, with Chapek in charge, I think we're more likely to get Zootopia take over Rafiki's. The train could even be converted to match the metro rail from the movie.

*insert "Why Not Both?" meme* :lol:

Reactions: UNIrd