The Jungle Book | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Jungle Book

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought it was amazing. Saw it with my family yesterday in IMAX 3D and it was quite the experience. Right now it's projecting for $103 million this weekend. Once the positive reviews started pouring in early last week, Disney greenlit a sequel with Favreau returning to direct.

I'm really hoping they consider devoting a portion of DAK to the IP for a ride. I feel like a log flume ride could easily translate the film's story.

Reactions: WAJAS
I thought it was amazing. Saw it with my family yesterday in IMAX 3D and it was quite the experience. Right now it's projecting for $103 million this weekend. Once the positive reviews started pouring in early last week, Disney greenlit a sequel with Favreau returning to direct.

I'm really hoping they consider devoting a portion of DAK to the IP for a ride. I feel like a log flume ride could easily translate the film's story.

See post #12, lol.

As for having it become an IP for DAK; I have thought that it would make sense since D23 to be honest. Would Disney WANT to do it? Who knows.

I mean if the movie does well, I don't see why not. And the live action version could fit into DAK quiet easily. The only "problem" (in the eyes of Disney, I mean) is that it's obviously not a big merch seller, but... they're also building an entire land based off Avatar, which quiet possibly has less merch potential than this.

I mean if the movie does well, I don't see why not. And the live action version could fit into DAK quiet easily. The only "problem" (in the eyes of Disney, I mean) is that it's obviously not a big merch seller, but... they're also building an entire land based off Avatar, which quiet possibly has less merch potential than this.

I would imagine they could sell quite a few plush animals and action figures based on the movie.

I wouldn't expect Disney to throw any more money at Animal Kingdom for quite some time though.

I saw it yesterday.
I love Christopher Walken, so when I heard he would be King Louie, I was praying that they would make him sing.
My prayers were answered.
I would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't for the numerous crying children and the child and mother that were talking the entire time behind us.
Learn Movie Theater etiquette.

Reactions: USO92
You can judge by the trailers that this may be too scary for young kids. Even my daughter who is 6.5 seems uneasy based on the trailer.

This movie is a marvel of special effects. One reviewer said it best... that this movie somehow "seamlessly bridges the uncanny gap between fantasy and reality" when it comes to talking animals.

You can judge by the trailers that this may be too scary for young kids. Even my daughter who is 6.5 seems uneasy based on the trailer.
My almost 11 year old was so scared she asked to leave, and she'd been looking forward to this movie for months. She had to cover her eyes, and I had to cover her ears throughout several scenes. It is VERY intense for young kids.

My almost 11 year old was so scared she asked to leave, and she'd been looking forward to this movie for months. She had to cover her eyes, and I had to cover her ears throughout several scenes. It is VERY intense for young kids.

has she seen Star Wars? My daughter has seen Force Awakens 3 times. She closes her eyes a couple times, but mostly she loves it. Just curious if I should wait on this one.

has she seen Star Wars? My daughter has seen Force Awakens 3 times. She closes her eyes a couple times, but mostly she loves it. Just curious if I should wait on this one.
She has not seen Star Wars simply because it doesn't interest her. However, she's never been scared like that in a movie before. I think it's a testament to how realistic the effects are. The animals don't look CGI at all, so everything that happens looks completely real.

Just came out of the theater, absolutely loved it. Definitely the best of the animated-to-live action films they've done so far imo.

As a theme park fan, I can't help but think what a great dark ride/boat ride this could be. King Louie could easily be an answer to Kong on the animatronic side too.

Just came out of the theater, absolutely loved it. Definitely the best of the animated-to-live action films they've done so far imo.

As a theme park fan, I can't help but think what a great dark ride/boat ride this could be. King Louie could easily be an answer to Kong on the animatronic side too.
Is it possible? Christopher Walken can live on in a theme park attraction??? :shock:

Quick thoughts, after seeing it,

~When said at D23 of this being the most advanced film ever made, I grew with tension..but now; I want to say that this is the most amazing visual effects that I've seen in a long, LONG while. It looks so life-like, and that's an amazing credit to the team at Digital Domain as the settings and characters used in CGI was awe-inspiring to say the least.

~As said by few people, someone's going to have to impress me with another villain as Shere Kahn is right now my favorite villain of this year so-far; for a film like this. He was meanacing, intense, and for some instances to me; unpredictable and that's what kept me on the edge of my seat when he was on the screen. Outstanding performance by Idris, as it is going to be a hard one to beat to me

~The VO in this film, is amazing. Especially as said with Idris, but also with Ben Kingsley and Bill Murray as the three help carry the film, with the help of the child actor of Mowlgi; Neel Sethi.

In my opinion, I have to give this film a 4.5/5. Definitely one of my favorite films so-far in the year; as I can't wait to see what Jon Faverau may possibly do for the second book in the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Just a random question, but did Bill Murray as Baloo sound like Jason Bateman as Nick Wilde to anyone else?