The Jungle Book | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Jungle Book

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We both know DAK isn't seeing another penny for years after spending $1B on Avatar so it doesn't really matter :lol:

Yes, sadly I know. But I'm choosing to be naïve.

Oh god, I just realized it's far more likely that they just do a Jungle Book overlay of Jungle Cruise, and now I need a drink.

well im not sure it cost a billion but i am sure we wont see anything spent on DAK for the next decade

It's damn near close to a billion.

well im not sure it cost a billion but i am sure we wont see anything spent on DAK for the next decade
At least DAK will be in a position where it'll be looking really good come next year. Hopefully They get an Epcot project going after DHS and then not long after DAK gets a port of Mystic Manor.

I can dream, right! :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: twebber55
p_f.jpg

I wonder why it's almost as if this version never happened. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid and a lot of people that I know aren't familiar with this version at all.

Oh god, I just realized it's far more likely that they just do a Jungle Book overlay of Jungle Cruise, and now I need a drink.

can totally see an overlay:(
That's the problem with Chapek. He doesn't know how to do this. His skills are in marketing, so a lot of the crazy ideas we have heard, unsurprisingly, involve cross-promotion.

A Jungle Cruise re-theme would fit right into this.

At least DAK will be in a position where it'll be looking really good come next year. Hopefully They get an Epcot project going after DHS and then not long after DAK gets a port of Mystic Manor.

I can dream, right! :lol:

Epcot needs so much, it's astounding. I dunno even where to start there.

But that's a topic for another thread

Reactions: Nick
The last trailer I saw in the cinema looked really good.

Going to see it Sunday with any luck.

Just saw it and I love it.

- just enough playful and singing scenes to be fun but keep the darker tone
- the songs honestly are amazing
- this part of the soundtrack

- animals and environment look so real
- the new thing that propels the plot really makes this movie it's own. "Red flower"
- other stuff

I honestly would put this movie as the one of the best I have seen in the past few years. I really hope it appears somewhere in the parks. Maybe it could be a part of the new RoL show?

9.2/10

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Just saw it and I love it.

- just enough playful and singing scenes to be fun but keep the darker tone
- the songs honestly are amazing
- this part of the soundtrack

- animals and environment look so real
- the new thing that propels the plot really makes this movie it's own. "Red flower"
- other stuff

I honestly would put this movie as the one of the best I have seen in the past few years. I really hope it appears somewhere in the parks. Maybe it could be a part of the new RoL show?

Soundtrack sounds great. Yes, that would be cool to be part of ROL. Who knows, they might be working that in to the show if the box office numbers explode....Update: I see it's estimated in at 104 million for the weekend domestically. Those are really good numbers.

Reactions: WAJAS
I saw it on Friday and thought it was really good. I love the cartoon, so I tried to not make any comparisons. There were a few areas I think they short changed (elephants and Kaa), but overall thought it was done really well and a fun movie. One note, it is a little darker and intense than the cartoon. I had an autistic child with me and was a little concerned it might be overwhelming, but he did really well. I would give it an 8/10.