The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hell Yeah Success GIF by Naughty Dog

I hope they can pull off the sorrowful tone of the game. Similar to entering a relatively quiet (in my book anyway) facade a la Dead Man’s Pier would be great. Particularly if they play Alone and Forsaken from the truck or “All Gone” from the game soundtrack. Hoping they go for that tone as opposed to a more mad max vibe that we saw with Descendants of Destruction.

Also kind of think it would be cool if they projected something similar to the menu of the game onto the parade building.

I hope they can pull off the sorrowful tone of the game. Similar to entering a relatively quiet (in my book anyway) facade a la Dead Man’s Pier would be great. Particularly if they play Alone and Forsaken from the truck or “All Gone” from the game soundtrack. Hoping they go for that tone as opposed to a more mad max vibe that we saw with Descendants of Destruction.

Also kind of think it would be cool if they projected something similar to the menu of the game onto the parade building.
My prediction is still that the first scene of the house will be the crashed pickup truck playing Alone and Forsaken.

My prediction is still that the first scene of the house will be the crashed pickup truck playing Alone and Forsaken.

Been thinking about this as well - think this would be great! If they go this route and go chronological Pittsburgh, do you think we just walk into a scene zero next to the truck or do you think we get a more traditional facade of the storefront they crash into?

Separate point: I get the disappointment from some that we won’t be seeing some locations from elsewhere the game, but I kinda dig the approach of doing a chronological story from within it. That way, as opposed to a random collection of familiar imagery, we can follow more of a narrative.

Been thinking about this as well - think this would be great! If they go this route and go chronological Pittsburgh, do you think we just walk into a scene zero next to the truck or do you think we get a more traditional facade of the storefront they crash into?

Separate point: I get the disappointment from some that we won’t be seeing some locations from elsewhere the game, but I kinda dig the approach of doing a chronological story from within it. That way, as opposed to a random collection of familiar imagery, we can follow more of a narrative.
I'm kinda thinking the facade will be the storefront and crash, with hopefully some forced perspective buildings surrounding us!

Reactions: johnathanm

I feel like it depends a bit on the route they want to go- The Infected are what everyone wants to see, and chronologically they won't appear until the first few rooms. Personally, I still like that idea because it creates a slow, suspenseful reveal.

But I could very easily see starting in the sewers to get some good Clicker scares right-off-the-bat, before opening up to exactly what @TheCodeMan95 described as the "big reveal" with a big, decaying urban street with the entrance to The Hotel Grand.

The suburban street with the sniper is *technically* not in the Pittsburgh section of the game, right? I’d love to see it included but the divide between the chapters there is blurry to me. Maybe the separation of the chapters also isn’t what Universal is using to define what they include anyway, so maybe it doesn’t even matter, but thought it was worth bringing up