The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate predicting merch but I think another IP will have the lanyard or share it with TLOU.
When have IPs shared a lanyard? I know that you could technically count the Studio Screamers lanyard from last year with Myers, Monsters, and Casper, but I think IPs have always been given a solo lanyard.

Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, The Walking Dead, and Halloween were all given a lanyard that only featured themselves.

I guess it's possible TLOU could share a lanyard with another IP. It's just that it has never happened.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
When have IPs shared a lanyard? I know that you could technically count the Studio Screamers lanyard from last year with Myers, Monsters, and Casper, but I think IPs have always been given a solo lanyard.

Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, The Walking Dead, and Halloween were all given a lanyard that only featured themselves.

I guess it's possible TLOU could share a lanyard with another IP. It's just that it has never happened.

Hey good point, maybe we have three or four unique lanyards this year! That'd be awesome.

Oh man, if TLOU has a lanyard it's going to be a problem. I'm expecting a lot of TLOU merch and my wallet is going to be SORE.

Side note - hey @SixBillium , didn't realize you were here! Just watched your HHN ranking videos last week!

Also.. does anyone have stats on how many pages the individual HHN house threads typically get? This one seems to be FLYING.

Reactions: SixBillium
Also.. does anyone have stats on how many pages the individual HHN house threads typically get? This one seems to be FLYING.
On a quick glance, this is the third most popular house thread of the past three years already:

1) HHN Icons: Captured - 14 pages, 277 comments
2) Universal Monsters - 11 pages, 210 comments
3) The Last of Us - 8 pages, 144 comments

HHN 29 had a few 14 page house threads, HHN 28 peaked at 18 pages with Stranger Things, HHN 27 peaked at 5 whole pages for Blumhouse lol.

• Love
On a quick glance, this is the third most popular house thread of the past three years already:

1) HHN Icons: Captured - 14 pages, 277 comments
2) Universal Monsters - 11 pages, 210 comments
3) The Last of Us - 8 pages, 144 comments

HHN 29 had a few 14 page house threads, HHN 28 peaked at 18 pages with Stranger Things, HHN 27 peaked at 5 whole pages for Blumhouse lol.
Wow!

TLOU has been my #1 wishlist item for a lonnggg time. Didn't realize how many others wanted it that badly as well, lol

I disagree. Just because there is blood, guts, and gore doesn't mean it's horror or horror adjacent.

MK has some horror elements. My only issue is that the story for the games is all over the place and now they're rebooting the MK universe in-game with MK 1.

It would just be too hard to properly translate.

I mentioned RUN: Blood Sweat and Fears since that house was basically Running man movie combined with Hunger games. I think if uni wanted they could do mortal Kombat similar. RUN in 2015 reminded me a lot of MK. It wasn't a scary house but gory. It depends. But mk could have worked in that type of house
Kinda Like that 2008 house DOOMSDAY based on the 2008 DOOMSDAY movie. That one was similar too.
But DOOM would fit pretty well for hhn.

I wonder what the facade will be for this one.
Hopefully they cover the outside of the parade building with foliage and project the logo, That would be rad.
I'm going to assume the wrap on the Parade building will look something like this:
TLOU_06-1.jpg

or
the_last_of_us.jpg

I'm still assuming the general public will wonder "why do Joel and Ellie look different?"
Which brings about the question: are they going to be projecting in game footage and throwing that Naughty Dog logo into the mix on the side of the building? I would imagine so.

And if that is being done, they COULD use the second photo.

Last edited:
Which brings about the question: are they going to be projecting in game footage and throwing that Naughty Dog logo into the mix on the side of the building. I would imagine so.

And if that is being done, they COULD use the second photo.
Well they can't use HBO. And Naughty Dog is the main partner here since it's based on the game. So yeah, Naughty Dog is gonna be promoted.

Do fans of the game/show think I need to watch the show for this house? I’m absolutely not playing the game, but I can maybe stick with the show unless this is just going to end up a pretty basic zombie house (in which case I won’t bother).

Do fans of the game/show think I need to watch the show for this house? I’m absolutely not playing the game, but I can maybe stick with the show unless this is just going to end up a pretty basic zombie house (in which case I won’t bother).

Show is fine. Since it’s set in Pittsburgh watch a Pirates game too. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: PumpkinHead66
my understanding is that you'll be able to pick up most of the context just by going through the house. the show is great, but you could also skim some play through videos of the first game if you want a better sense of what's going on. and since this house appears localized to Pittsburgh, you could likely just watch some play through of that section of the game to get the gist of what's going on.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Show is fine, but the house is not based on the whole story is the only thing. It's based on the Pittsburgh section of the game. Pittsburgh was substituted for Kansas City and that part of the show changed quite a bit.

I don't know if you have a Playstation 4 or 5, but if you do and can grab the game for cheap, all you need to do is play the Pittsburgh section of the game by going to the chapter select part of the menu. It would only be like maybe two hours max. But since you said you don't want to play, focus on the KC part of the show as while it is pretty different, it's still similar enough to what you'll see in the house.

Like Nick said - they changed the Pittsburgh section quite a bit for the show. If anything, you could watch a playthrough of the Pittsburgh section.

I'm not sure if outside links are allowed, so mods, feel free to delete this if not:

I'd say you could probably watch Episodes 4 and 5 at the very least to get a basic idea- if the end of Pittsburgh is adapted at all, I would personally expect the big climactic set piece at the end of episode 5 will be a little closer to how it would look in haunt format.

The hotel basement and sewers are also the only areas that focus specifically on encounters with infected, and you could watch gameplay of those areas in less than 30 minutes.

Like Nick said - they changed the Pittsburgh section quite a bit for the show. If anything, you could watch a playthrough of the Pittsburgh section.

I'm not sure if outside links are allowed, so mods, feel free to delete this if not:

I was going to suggest this same thing. This is fine.

Now, at the same time, the show is just a masterpiece so I still recommend that you watch it simply because of how great it is (it'll also give you a better idea of Joel and Ellie's characters and their overall arch), but if you just want to watch a walkthrough of the Pittsburgh section of the game, then that should be fine.