The Marvels | Inside Universal Forums

The Marvels

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just hope she has a better story...or feels like she cares about whats going on

Like in both End Game and her own movie she is by far the stiffest acting wise...having almost zero fun with the role and seeming bored...I know some of the is the character but even War Machine found a grove pretty quick to be both serious but fun at times.

Also no clue who...but hopefully she has a villain that can fight back....the last villain got blasted on his ass in 5 seconds and even Thanos didn't make her sweat...so hoping they can make the next film just more interesting, the story feel like something the actress can get behind and a villain who can match her.

I just hope she has a better story...or feels like she cares about whats going on

Like in both End Game and her own movie she is by far the stiffest acting wise...having almost zero fun with the role and seeming bored...I know some of the is the character but even War Machine found a grove pretty quick to be both serious but fun at times.

Also no clue who...but hopefully she has a villain that can fight back....the last villain got blasted on his ass in 5 seconds and even Thanos didn't make her sweat...so hoping they can make the next film just more interesting, the story feel like something the actress can get behind and a villain who can match her.
She should fight Superman.

I believe Captain Marvel 2 is being rumored as an "Civil-War" level film, that while the focus is on Captain Marvel--does have a lot of the MCU.

If I had to wonder? I wonder if they may be pulling the trigger on Secret Invasion--as a way to transition new actors in from the old. And that for the most part, it's Carol trying to find who's who and to stop a proper Skrull army invasion.

Reactions: RevFreako
I believe Captain Marvel 2 is being rumored as an "Civil-War" level film, that while the focus is on Captain Marvel--does have a lot of the MCU.

If I had to wonder? I wonder if they may be pulling the trigger on Secret Invasion--as a way to transition new actors in from the old. And that for the most part, it's Carol trying to find who's who and to stop a proper Skrull army invasion.

I think this is a really smart idea because then the bad guys aren’t just some goons she can smash and she’ll have to build up a team of Avengers she can trust and put her leadership skills to the test

She should fight Superman.
Someone at his level...lol

Even Superman while maybe the new live action films aren't as well done...man the animated stuff like Red Son and the apokolips war are much more interesting for him as a character as well.

The rumors of Secret invasion could be cool..but I wish they could wait longer to do that story...correct me if im wrong but what makes that story interesting is some villains join for a short time the hero's to fight off the invasion and we don't have many villains alive to make that yet

I never watched the first Captain Marvel (always wanted to, just never got around to it) but with how awesome this movie is starting to look, I feel like I'm going to need to check out the original soon lol. Hopefully I can find some time this Summer.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Nice, I'll say it again much more excited about this film because of Miss Marvel

Like Captain Marvel has the Superman problem..how do I relate to someone who can beat anyone? hopefully now that she remembers she will be try acting harder but in the films she has been in I have no idea why Larson wanted this role...she does not seem into it and her character seems to want to have nothing to do with people just go fight things in their name and then not connect with them

Hoping this film changes that

Nice, I'll say it again much more excited about this film because of Miss Marvel

Like Captain Marvel has the Superman problem..how do I relate to someone who can beat anyone? hopefully now that she remembers she will be try acting harder but in the films she has been in I have no idea why Larson wanted this role...she does not seem into it and her character seems to want to have nothing to do with people just go fight things in their name and then not connect with them

Hoping this film changes that
I honestly don't think Brie Larson's acting in Captain Marvel was all her fault, I feel like it may have been more of a director issue. When it comes to Brie Larson, she has proven time and time again that she can act really well and from the little we saw of her in Endgame, she seemed more in character then than when she was in Captain Marvel. Keep in mind, I haven't seen the whole film, just clips, but it definitely strikes me as more of an issue with how the director wanted her to act over how Brie Larson wanted to portray Captain Marvel. With the new director on this film, I have high hopes we'll see improvement.

I honestly don't think Brie Larson's acting in Captain Marvel was all her fault, I feel like it may have been more of a director issue. When it comes to Brie Larson, she has proven time and time again that she can act really well and from the little we saw of her in Endgame, she seemed more in character then than when she was in Captain Marvel. Keep in mind, I haven't seen the whole film, just clips, but it definitely strikes me as more of an issue with how the director wanted her to act over how Brie Larson wanted to portray Captain Marvel. With the new director on this film, I have high hopes we'll see improvement.
I mean sure but isn't this when actors need to speak up

Its weird to me to know EDJ helped shaped his character along with other actors then others come in and just do what is they are told. Drax for sure was shaped by his actor as well and I just wonder why she would be like "sure...i can play a wooden uninteresting character"

I don't want to hate on her but from interviews to the films she is in...she just never seems that invested. Like Black Panther had a moment in his first film which wasn;t even his film, in Civil War him not killing Zimo is such a powerful scene. Its weird she has been in two films and not really done anything but over power people she has no real history with

Reactions: PlatinumFate
I mean sure but isn't this when actors need to speak up

Its weird to me to know EDJ helped shaped his character along with other actors then others come in and just do what is they are told. Drax for sure was shaped by his actor as well and I just wonder why she would be like "sure...i can play a wooden uninteresting character"

I don't want to hate on her but from interviews to the films she is in...she just never seems that invested
That's fair. I do have high hopes for her character since I know what Brie Larson is capable of as an actor and I hope that some new direction plus more experience in her role will help her further shape her character.

That's fair. I do have high hopes for her character since I know what Brie Larson is capable of as an actor and I hope that some new direction plus more experience in her role will help her further shape her character.
I hope so as well, I'm hoping both Rando's dislike for her....and Miss Marvels young attitude helps shape her into a person I like more but no one like Thor when he was just powerful we liked him when we saw him fail....we saw him need to change so hope she has somethings to work out in this film and isn't just perfect

I hope so as well, I'm hoping both Rando's dislike for her....and Miss Marvels young attitude helps shape her into a person I like more but no one like Thor when he was just powerful we liked him when we saw him fail....we saw him need to change so hope she has somethings to work out in this film and isn't just perfect
I've found that when Marvel makes films about their individual characters, the sequels tend to be better than the originals. The first films tend to serve more as Marvel playing around with ideas and backstory. I mean, Thor:Ragnarok was better than the first Thor. Winter Soldier was better than the First Avenger. Hell, I even liked Antman and the Wasp better than the original Antman and Antman was good. So who knows, maybe that trend will continue with Captain Marvel.

I've found that when Marvel makes films about their individual characters, the sequels tend to be better than the originals. The first films tend to serve more as Marvel playing around with ideas and backstory. I mean, Thor:Ragnarok was better than the first Thor. Winter Soldier was better than the First Avenger. Hell, I even liked Antman and the Wasp better than the original Antman and Antman was good. So who knows, maybe that trend will continue with Captain Marvel.
Hard disagree on Ant man...but thats me

I just really liked the first film...it had way better use of colors and the action worked better...I think due to Edger Wright doing the first drafts..Antman two is so generic and just feels like it has nothing to saw or add to the MCU. I find hope another kinda boring character like I have no idea why she is a hero

Scott wanted to prove himself to his daughter in the first film...and then gets dragged into civil war because he loves Cap but the second film to me was just meh.

But I agree most sequels are better but I think GOTG is pretty even with its sequel and Ironman one to me is still his best solo film

But I have hopes they will do better with her if not..then ohhh well I have 20 other heroes to care about so I'll live