The New Mutants | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

The New Mutants

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
Fox and Marvel have released the first trailer for the Superhero Horror Film, "The New Mutants".

"The New Mutants", will be a film directed by Josh Boone, as he is co-writing the film with Knate Lee as the film will star Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, and more as the film releases on April 12th, 2017.

What do you think? Are you interested on the prospect of the return of superhero oriented horror films? Or are you going to skip it? Comment below!

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
The New Mutants, has now been pushed back an entire year from it's original release date, to now be out on February 22nd, 2019.

'Deadpool 2,' 'Gambit,' 'The New Mutants' Get New Release Dates | Hollywood Reporter
I think the bigger news for the near future is that Deadpool 2 got moved up from June 2nd to May 18th... one week before Han Solo. Considering there's minor reshoots going on for Solo and we STILL haven't gotten a trailer and now this, I think it's a good bet that Solo gets moved to a December opening now with this change (if it wasn't already a good bet before).

TheGentTrent

Apr 4, 2013
Tampa
I think the bigger news for the near future is that Deadpool 2 got moved up from June 2nd to May 18th... one week before Han Solo. Considering there's minor reshoots going on for Solo and we STILL haven't gotten a trailer and now this, I think it's a good bet that Solo gets moved to a December opening now with this change (if it wasn't already a good bet before).
The question then becomes "When in December?" so that Solo doesn't step on the toes of Mary Poppins.

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
I actually think it'll move, but not to December.

If they do Solo for Late Summer/Early Fall, that may give them enough time depending on how much footage they will be showing for that movie in particular. Deadpool, is going to be Deadpool, just because of the type of movie that it is.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I actually think it'll move, but not to December.

If they do Solo for Late Summer/Early Fall, that may give them enough time depending on how much footage they will be showing for that movie in particular. Deadpool, is going to be Deadpool, just because of the type of movie that it is.
I could see an August release being successful for Solo.

Reactions: jtsalien

jtsalien

Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically, run.
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2011
T.A.R.D.I.S.
Anyone else laugh their butt off at the phrase, "The move puts the action comedy against Sony's Slender Man"? :lol:

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I doubt if this movie ever hits theaters seeing as the Disney/FOX deal should be done before this date.

Reactions: HereWeGo

HereWeGo

Mar 29, 2015
Or if anything, Disney could just place it directly on their streaming service that they're opening next year.

HereWeGo

Mar 29, 2015
The movie is going to be Rated R if I remember and Disney has said anything R-Rated will go to Hulu.
Ok well either way it seems like something that could easily be quietly shoved onto a streaming service of some sort.