Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The New Mutants

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Fox and Marvel have released the first trailer for the Superhero Horror Film, "The New Mutants".

"The New Mutants", will be a film directed by Josh Boone, as he is co-writing the film with Knate Lee as the film will star Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, and more as the film releases on April 12th, 2017.

What do you think? Are you interested on the prospect of the return of superhero oriented horror films? Or are you going to skip it? Comment below!

The New Mutants, has now been pushed back an entire year from it's original release date, to now be out on February 22nd, 2019.

'Deadpool 2,' 'Gambit,' 'The New Mutants' Get New Release Dates | Hollywood Reporter
I think the bigger news for the near future is that Deadpool 2 got moved up from June 2nd to May 18th... one week before Han Solo. Considering there's minor reshoots going on for Solo and we STILL haven't gotten a trailer and now this, I think it's a good bet that Solo gets moved to a December opening now with this change (if it wasn't already a good bet before).

I think the bigger news for the near future is that Deadpool 2 got moved up from June 2nd to May 18th... one week before Han Solo. Considering there's minor reshoots going on for Solo and we STILL haven't gotten a trailer and now this, I think it's a good bet that Solo gets moved to a December opening now with this change (if it wasn't already a good bet before).

The question then becomes "When in December?" so that Solo doesn't step on the toes of Mary Poppins.

I actually think it'll move, but not to December.

If they do Solo for Late Summer/Early Fall, that may give them enough time depending on how much footage they will be showing for that movie in particular. Deadpool, is going to be Deadpool, just because of the type of movie that it is.

I actually think it'll move, but not to December.

If they do Solo for Late Summer/Early Fall, that may give them enough time depending on how much footage they will be showing for that movie in particular. Deadpool, is going to be Deadpool, just because of the type of movie that it is.
I could see an August release being successful for Solo.

I think Disney is committed to that Memorial Day date.

As for this, apparently it was testing well, but the horror aspects weren't at the level Fox wanted.

Or if anything, Disney could just place it directly on their streaming service that they're opening next year.