The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I'm back checking out the forums for this year! Sounds like we could have an exciting season ahead.

Billie Eilish sounds interesting. I'd prefer a lagoon show over a house/zone but I honestly don't care. I'll always enjoy HHN and go through every house multiple times lol.

Also, does anybody know if they're likely to bring back the BOGO deal on tickets?

This is a good point. Would you be open to telling us if ANY of the guesses (outside of Clues 2 and 5 because you already gave the answers to them) are correct? You don't need to name the clue, the member, or the guess - just wondering if ANYTHING on this list other than 2 and 5 have gotten it right. I'm just curious if any of these deep dives have been fruitful.

View attachment 11568
Just saw this.

Two clues have correct guesses.

For clue 8, all that was going in my head was “My, my, miss American pie...” The song was released in 1971. In that same year Walt Disney World opened, the Soviet Union had their first space station and the UAE was officially established. There also used to be a Goosebumps stage show at MGM Studios. I definitely think this is very incorrect but it was too interesting to pass down.

Reactions: Kadath
I like these better anyway - gives me a chance to spread my wings and go deep down some weird rabbit holes. So bear with me.

WEIRD THEORY #1. In the band Old Man River (it's his name AND the name of his band), his Bass Guitarist is named Liam Flanagan. Liam Flanagan is ALSO the name of an 8-year old boy who tragically died of a flesh-eating bacteria. Could mean Cabin in the Woods. However, given the tragedy of the story, I don't think @Legacy would use this as a clue. But it was the first connection that popped up in my investigation, so thought I'd mention it - but also condolences to his family.

I finally got a chance to look at this and the first thing that stuck out to me was the bassist’s name. This is almost certainly an issue where my expectations are guiding my guesses, but Flanagan -> Mike Flanagan

Haunting of Hill House or Haunting of Bly Manor is my guess

I finally got a chance to look at this and the first thing that stuck out to me was the bassist’s name. This is almost certainly an issue where my expectations are guiding my guesses, but Flanagan -> Mike Flanagan

Haunting of Hill House or Haunting of Bly Manor is my guess
Same, I’m going with Hill House for this clue.

Reactions: Kadath
Giving clue #1 a shot again with the shortcut

1) Maria Spes Nostra is the motto of the secondary school “Salve Regina University”
2) Salve Regina University used to lease a piece of land known as the Seaview Terrace, aka the Carey Mansion
3) This was used as the exterior for the show “Dark Shadows”

So we have vampires and a Carey references. I’m guessing a Hive sequel was rumored.

Looking at the flight computer clue and I have a few guesses. It was invented in the 1930s. Many classic horror movies were released in that decade. Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, ect. The inventor was Philip Dalton. There is a Dalton in the Insidious movies. Funny how when I was researching the keys clue Insidious popped up. Insidious is my guess for the flight computer clue.

HHN has featured several bayou/voodoo inspired haunts/zones the past few years. Zombie Gras in 2010, Bayou of Blood in 2014, and Dead Waters in 2017. Most of the props in the Tribute store were used before for the haunts, and even includes props from Graveyard Games.

The Voodoo guy is Baron Samedi (Saturday), one of the four main god spirits of Voodoo – also known as Loa.

Basically, it's a Mardi Gras store with HHN elements, but I would not look into anything as a hint.

I swear the graveyard part of the tribute store was just Graveyard Games entrance lol. Made me miss HHN even more

Okay, I’m going to walk you through the first clue. The clues are for rumors, not confirmed houses, and this is one of the least shocking rumors, so solving it is harmless (while removing a popular guess).

1580664764798.jpeg
Shortcut - “Secondary”

This is the coat of arms for Archbishop Francis Patrick Keough. Ya’ll figured that part out. The second part was stumping you, which the shortcut was specifically chosen to help with.

“Secondary” can be broad, but is used pretty specifically and obviously here. It’s supposed to make you think of secondary SCHOOL. Secondary schools are middle or high schools, so this actually DOES narrow down the search significantly. Especially when “Bishop Keough Regional High School” exists.

The high school, located in Rhode Island, has two major dates associated with it: the year it opened (1971) and the year it closed (2015).

What takes place in Rhode Island in one of those two years?

So, there’s a full explanation. Hopefully, it helps you understand how to solve these with the shortcuts.

Okay, I’m going to walk you through the first clue. The clues are for rumors, not confirmed houses, and this is one of the least shocking rumors, so solving it is harmless (while removing a popular guess).

View attachment 11570
Shortcut - “Secondary”

This is the coat of arms for Archbishop Francis Patrick Keough. Ya’ll figured that part out. The second part was stumping you, which the shortcut was specifically chosen to help with.

“Secondary” can be broad, but is used pretty specifically and obviously here. It’s supposed to make you think of secondary SCHOOL. Secondary schools are middle or high schools, so this actually DOES narrow down the search significantly. Especially when “Bishop Keough Regional High School” exists.

The high school, located in Rhode Island, has two major dates associated with it: the year it opened (1971) and the year it closed (2015).

So, there’s a full explanation. Hopefully, it helps you understand how to solve these with the shortcuts.

The Conjuring 1

So basically we got the answer a while back but missed the 2nd step?

Either way I’m praying this goes through. I’ve been dying to see Bathsheba, Annabelle, and Valak ever since 2013/16. Is the whole franchise rumored or just the main series?

The Conjuring 1

Either way I’m praying this goes through. I’ve been dying to see Bathsheba, Annabelle, and Valak ever since 2013/16. Is the whole franchise rumored or just the main series?
Back in 27, Valek was suppose to be in the house too so I'm guessing yeah. If I had to guess, it's probably going to feature Conjuring 1,2 & 3. For part 3, it will probably only be 2 or 3 scenes in the house.

The Conjuring 1

Your user name is apt to how people got it. If you look at the chart, you keep seeing the same guesses popping up on almost every clue - Conjuring, Candyman, Carey... That happens because people have a list of things they “know” are coming, so if they guess those for everything they’re bound to get something right.

Only two clues have correct guesses. Now, it’s only one.

Has there been a case where people have said the correct answer, but it hasn't been recorded in the list? I've seen a couple of people explain potential ideas, only to never see them appear on the list. So I wasn't sure if maybe they were also wrong or if they happened to be correct, just forgotten.

View attachment 11570
Shortcut - “Secondary”

OHHHH OKAY Thank you for clarifying this I get it now

Status
Not open for further replies.